Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

IP REDUX; Silsila Pyar ka , Second Thread ! (Page 64)

sarra0 IF-Sizzlerz
sarra0
sarra0

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:26am | IP Logged
See to some extent it's also an execution problem...Why can't people sympathize with this character??I guess it's not able to strike a chord with the viewers...And also it's a shock to viewers to see Anjli this way...For someone who kinda played her part as a match-maker for ArShi can go to this extent can turn off viewers big time" Quote

Her character this way is not a shock to me, if she turns grey which shud know by Monday or Tuesday I wud not b surprised, I have always thou she was she was like a blank canvess 4the cvs. she has been shown blackmailin Khushi, she has been shown to b manipulative but mostly she has b shown as smiling and bein sweet, but wat v have not seen is her though process, v don't no wat goes on in her mind behind the facade of a happy smile and this is an insight to her. I can't put my finger on y I can't emphatise, there is just a disconnect and not only 4me.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

namedx..mrinalini..DiamondLife

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarra0

See to some extent it's also an execution problem...Why can't people sympathize with this character??I guess it's not able to strike a chord with the viewers...And also it's a shock to viewers to see Anjli this way...For someone who kinda played her part as a match-maker for ArShi can go to this extent can turn off viewers big time" Quote

Her character this way is not a shock to me, if she turns grey which shud know by Monday or Tuesday I wud not b surprised, I have always thou she was she was like a blank canvess 4the cvs. she has been shown blackmailin Khushi, she has been shown to b manipulative but mostly she has b shown as smiling and bein sweet, but wat v have not seen is her though process, v don't no wat goes on in her mind behind the facade of a happy smile and this is an insight to her. I can't put my finger on y I can't emphatise, there is just a disconnect and not only 4me.

Yes..that's what I'm saying..people aren't able to connect with this character...At this stage it's totally sane of her to be depressed...but somehow I couldn't sympathise with the way she reacted on friday...As if she was a wife who saw her husband in a compromising positionDeadBut yes..friday the track was laid..We gotta wait till monday-How this one finally turns out to be!!

aishu30namedxsarra0

sarra0 IF-Sizzlerz
sarra0
sarra0

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by namedx

Originally posted by sampin

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">See to some extent it's also an execution problem...Why can't people sympathize with this character??I guess it's not able to strike a chord with the viewers...And also it's a shock to viewers to see Anjli this way...For someone who kinda played her part as a match-maker for ArShi can go to this extent can turn off viewers big timeOuch</font>

<font color="#660033" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">See, when connecting the dots, I can see reasons for her hurt, resentment and anger, to me it seems justified. Personally, I do sympathise with her character; to her her brother has prioritised the very woman who is connected to her husband in some way or another, reasons which haven't been clarified to her, for her, her husband has been jilted and thrown out of the house (from her perspective that's how it is, though as the audience we know the full story), for her, his attention is no longer kept on his Di as it once used to be, for her, Arnav is willing to change...all this must be a lot to take in for a sister who not only relies on her brother, but also is to some extent rather selfish. She demands love from the very people who've always been there for her, there's nothing wrong with that, but the problem is, her insecurities doesn't allow her to remove herself from that love. She can'tdetach herself from her emotions which is clearly getting in the way of the bigger picture. She's gonna have to witness Shyam's ugly truth for herself before her vision is completely cleared...</font>
<font color="#660033" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">
</font>
<font color="#660033" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">But..you're right, audiences will not latch onto this. So they'll need to show it a lot more clearly then they have been doing, especially if we are to sympathise with her character in a way which will justify her outbursts and feelings!</font>

I understand her reasoning which is y I don't think she is a grey character, I get that 4her her two most important relationships r changing and the outcome, I can c where she is comin 4rm even if part of it is selfish but I just can't make myself connect emotionally to her.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

namedx

sarra0 IF-Sizzlerz
sarra0
sarra0

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:36am | IP Logged

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">Yes..that's what I'm saying..people aren't able to connect with this character...At this stage it's totally sane of her to be depressed...but somehow I couldn't sympathise with the way she reacted on friday...As if she was a wife who saw her husband in a compromising positionDeadBut yes..friday the track was laid..We gotta wait till monday-How this one finally turns out to be!!</font>

if the trp audience can not connect wit her then they r goin to have issues, having Shayam back and bein manipulative could b a way around that, also Khush goin to GH adds another dimension which cud negate some of the disconnect wit Anjali directly.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

namedx..mrinalini..

namedx IF-Rockerz
namedx
namedx

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:36am | IP Logged

Yes..that's what I'm saying..people aren't able to connect with this character...At this stage it's totally sane of her to be depressed...but somehow I couldn't sympathise with the way she reacted on friday...As if she was a wife who saw her husband in a compromising positionDeadBut yes..friday the track was laid..We gotta wait till monday-How this one finally turns out to be!!

Yeh, I guess for the general audience, for whom this drama serves to be 20 mins of escapism, things need to be a lot more clear cut. But I honestly thought that on Friday she was peeved about not being the first point of contact. Again, it was clear that the course of his priorities have changed, and rightly so. But for her, that's downright depressing! LOL

I was just thinking, I thought perhaps this attitude of hers was more so because Shyam has been chucked out, and the love of her life is no longer by her side, therefore she's just feeling bitter. But she's always claimed her rights over Arnav, even before then...the episode where Khushi broke down hearing that he went to London. Didn't she say something along the lines of she's always the first to know about his whereabouts?? Correct me if I'm wrong...

..mrinalini..sarra0

namedx IF-Rockerz
namedx
namedx

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:40am | IP Logged

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">Yes..that's what I'm saying..people aren't able to connect with this character...At this stage it's totally sane of her to be depressed...but somehow I couldn't sympathise with the way she reacted on friday...As if she was a wife who saw her husband in a compromising positionDeadBut yes..friday the track was laid..We gotta wait till monday-How this one finally turns out to be!!</font>

if the trp audience can not connect wit her then they r goin to have issues, having Shayam back and bein manipulative could b a way around that, also Khush goin to GH adds another dimension which cud negate some of the disconnect wit Anjali directly.

They could do with showing something of her past struggle, the time when her marriage broke...perhaps that would raise more sympathies...I always thought they needed to show a tighter bond between her and her brother. They did do this in the initial episode, but then it just stopped! More monologues were also needed as well as some heart to hearts where we see just how much she was like a mother to Arnav and the sacrifices she made on his part.

..mrinalini..sarra0

DiamondLife IF-Sizzlerz
DiamondLife
DiamondLife

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:41am | IP Logged
how anji will get shyamu in RM ..without asr's permission is gonna be interesting..they should have a promo..to get TRPS up

namedx..mrinalini..sarra0

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by namedx

Yeh, I guess for the general audience, for whom this drama serves to be 20 mins of escapism, things need to be a lot more clear cut. But I honestly thought that on Friday she was peeved about not being the first point of contact. Again, it was clear that the course of his priorities have changed, and rightly so. But for her, that's downright depressing! LOL

I was just thinking, I thought perhaps this attitude of hers was more so because Shyam has been chucked out, and the love of her life is no longer by her side, therefore she's just feeling bitter. But she's always claimed her rights over Arnav, even before then...the episode where Khushi broke down hearing that he went to London. Didn't she say something along the lines of she's always the first to know about his whereabouts?? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Yep..she did say that...She is nothing but a control-freak..She loves to control people..It's not that she's gaining anything outta it..Just pure peace of mind...And these days..when the rein is clearly not in her hands..Her own married life is at stake..she's finding it difficult to cope up with the growing proximity of Arnav and Khushi..

See the truth of Arshi's marriage is not known to the family..To them they're a normal couple-Just like Payash..So they're finding  Arshi's romantic escapades a little strange...Specially when the duh-ling daughter of the house is going through the worst phase of her life...But all these are very layered thoughts..General audience wants spoton dialogues and scenes...that will clear the situation for them..But that's not happening..Anjali's character is getting confusing these days..Hence the uproar!!

namedxDiamondLifesarra0

Go to top