TOI: Hoping best for myself and my show-Mitali

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I'm hoping for the best for myself and my show: Mitali Nag

Roshni Olivera, TNN | Jul 22, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:YES|Mitali Nag|Afsar Bitiya
I'm hoping for the best for myself and my show: Mitali Nag
Mitali Nag
There's buzz all over that the protaganist of the serial Afsar Bitiya is going to be replaced owing to low Television Rating Points (TRPs). But the girl herself has no clue. 

She admits that she is aware of the rumours, but is surprised that nobody from the production house or channel has said anything to her yet. Excerpts from the interview... 

Everyone's talking about Afsar Bitiya getting a new face soon... I have no idea because no one has told me anything. I have tried asking people but haven't got any concrete answer from them. 

It must be frustrating to not know whether you are going to be in or out? YES, it's frustrating. I have been giving my 200 per cent to this show. I've shot even on days when I've had viral fever. My producer Rakesh Paswan hasn't said anything to me. In fact, he has not been keeping well and so I didn't want to bother him about this. There was an online article that said actress Parul Chauhan is going to replace me when the fact is that Parul has not even been approached. I really would like to know whether I'm going to continue in the show or not. Of course, I am hoping for the best and want to be part of this show that has given me so much love and appreciation. 

What about the low TRPs of the show? For a 7 pm show, the TRPs I think were quite fine. Some time ago, the storyline changed a bit and there was a track with some domestic drama which we felt the audiences didn't quite like. But that's changing and I'm sure we will get our viewers back. 

In the last few days, have you felt at any point that you shouldn't have taken up this profession? No, I'm a very positive person and I would like to look at the brighter side. Wherever I go I have people telling me that they like my performance and that makes me happy. Besides, why should I be dis-illusioned? Even now, as I said earlier, I'm hoping for the best for myself and my show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the article
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
This is seriously so unprofessional from the channel side . Whatever is the truth or their decision , Atleast they should properly convey it to the Actors . GOSH!!! If it's frustating and irritating for us (Fans) , I surely can understand Mitali's mental state .

Thanks for sharing the article
Edited by moniluvskinshuk - 11 years ago
Sumy_luv_KM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thankz for sharingg
totally agree with u moni dii thats soo irritating mitali dont even knw if sum 1 is replacing her !aww
crazysandhir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
A publicity stunt by AB production house.shame on them .they are using parul's name to gt publicity ðŸ¤ª
taahir004 thumbnail
Thanks for Sharing
Agree channe is handling everything in an unprofessional way