India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Tribute to Rajesh khanna! (Page 2)

shirani7 Senior Member
shirani7
shirani7

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 4:33am | IP Logged
In yesterdays episode everybody sang really well! Yes Sohini was also very good, she really has a great voice! 
Was shocked to see the bottom 3 though, especially to see Amit thereOuch. i was so worried but got so relieved when he was safe.  

Edited by shirani7 - 22 July 2012 at 4:54am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

prerna4rishav

nimarta Groupbie
nimarta
nimarta

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 4:50am | IP Logged
i'll be honest here haha i might get whacked by a few of you but this is what i thought seeing and hearing the whole episode.

i respect rajesh khanna i think he was a great actor and god bless his soul.

i felt that like the songs were associated with rajesh khanna fair enough but what about those who wrote the lyrics of these beautiful songs and who sang them? i feel they don't get what they deserve..

oh well but i agree alot of you would say but the actor plays a huge role with the collections and the box office and all.. which is true..

but i just feel sad that the writers and singers don't really get their dues! and when they pass away it's not such a huge affair..

sorry if i offended anyone =)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Blossom5music-a-museprerna4rishav

music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimarta

i'll be honest here haha i might get whacked by a few of you but this is what i thought seeing and hearing the whole episode.

i respect rajesh khanna i think he was a great actor and god bless his soul.

i felt that like the songs were associated with rajesh khanna fair enough but what about those who wrote the lyrics of these beautiful songs and who sang them? i feel they don't get what they deserve..

oh well but i agree alot of you would say but the actor plays a huge role with the collections and the box office and all.. which is true..

but i just feel sad that the writers and singers don't really get their dues! and when they pass away it's not such a huge affair..

sorry if i offended anyone =)

I agree with you, was thinking the same when they announced a special.

It is sad that the composers and lyricists have always been given a raw deal, especially when what they give us is the  foundation of  the structure that the singer provides.The glossy part is the stars who get all the credit.

But, there are some wonderful songs which  are super duper hits of flop movies, flop stars, which makes me feel good.LOL  that a song has its own intrinsic value despite or inspite of the star it is picturised onSmile

Of course, nowadays, it is the songs which draws a  person to the moviesLOLThank the lordSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nimarta

music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Also enjoying the good orchestra on this show. they even covered up a mistake made by poorvi yesterdaySmile
gothope Goldie
gothope
gothope

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shirani7

In yesterdays episode everybody sang really well! Yes Sohini was also very good, she really has a great voice! 
Was shocked to see the bottom 3 though, especially to see Amit thereOuch. i was so worried but got so relieved when he was safe.  
I have to agree if there is a singer of the day award yesterday it would have been for sohini. She was just tremendous

Edited by hope20 - 22 July 2012 at 1:08pm
Blossom5 Goldie
Blossom5
Blossom5

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
I agree, yesterday was Sohini's time to shine. She did well although you could tell she was having some trouble with the higher notes in the songs or the transitions between some notes. Poorvi needs to widen her scope of singing, she has stayed in her comfort zone this w hole time although who knows, she might win. LOL As far as the attitude in her songs is concerned, i think it was only really obvious to us yesterday because of the overall  mood of grieving that was present but frankly, i feel she always overdoes it, even if the song calls for some energy, she overplays it in my opinion. If she wants to succeed in Bollywood though, she needs to broaden her horizon. The rest of the singing was alright. Smile

Go to top