Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Reality Check people! (Page 7)

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
My system jammed up before i could type my next line, sorry LOL

i was about to add, i echo everything you wrote!! and well worded! :)

@Didikisaut.. IPK's tracks have changed unlimited number of times even before 'the daljeet story' happened. It has always been that way. The makers release a story track into the audience, probably check the response, but not always things happen the way they were published. Daljeet/Anjali has very much been in the story since day 1. I am not saying that's an awesome thing, but its not a new thing.

.Manal. IF-Addictz
.Manal.
.Manal.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:30am | IP Logged
So Vidz Im Back ! honestly I doubt people watching this show CLEARLY since it started !! this show was ALWAYS about ArHi PLUS anjali in it ! n COME ON PEOPLE as if u didn't know When Shyam's Truth will be out the focus will be on Anjali n We will get this side of Anjali ! im still not denying that Friday wala anjali irritated me ! but THIS is not her fault !! she is not in her sense ! n THIS is how she will be UNTIL she herself sees Shyams Reality !! n not to forget for her Khushi is CULPRIT ! cuz jitna She saw her with shyam, she saw the rong side of her !! the Kheer wala scene ! so anjali is not to be blamed ! cuz ARNAV Still DIDN'T tell her THE WHOLE TRUTH ! so Arnav Boy needs to WAKE up !! 

anyways Vidz ROFL talking in this Forum is like banging the head on wall ROFL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AR_ArShi

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:55am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

minnie2308

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lylowOmNaMaSteOm

minnie2308 IF-Dazzler
minnie2308
minnie2308

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahi122

Originally posted by beagleboy

Dear writer of this post - first of all I did not send any hate mail - now understand from where we are coming from - 

understand our view point - we do not want only romance - not at all actually - and we completely agree the writer has every right to develop his or her story - well if fans should not interfere with story telling neither should character actors act as if they know what is best for the show. If you are from the PH, I really respect your desire to tell the story as you want, but you are getting in to problem more because you again and again try and defend DB. With no baby bump - I think you have to let DB fend for herself even if you want to persuade us regarding the story line.

I do not mean to cause any offence, but why is it that one has to be Daljeet or from the production house to defend her?!  I am stating things as I see them as objectively as I can. Now, character actors or not, last minute additions or not, they are now an integral part of the story.  Yes, the production house can do away with them, but you will be left with a one dimensional love story with only comedy tracks and meaningless romance. The main track on this story is supported at the base by all these different characters together.  Everyone has a role to play -Payal and Akaash are somewhere responsible along with Anjali for the runaway contract marriage. If it had not been for Anjali, ASR would not have married Khushi and if it hadn't been  for Payal, Khushi would not have agreed to the contract marriage- so what I am saying is, even though these characters were last minute additions, they are still part of the story. Now characters like Masala mama (and I skipped those episodes) and that kids Miss B or whatever, were a complete waste and totally redundant.  A story has to be multidimensional even IF it is primarily a love story. 

I remember seeing GH's interview in which he said Akash and Payal were last minute characters - they were not even part of the essential plot...then how come they become so important ?? ( am saying this even though I love Deepali's acting skills)...also IPK was never the typical conventional family drama - We have a bad feeling that the character actors ( Akash and DB in particular) are pushing for it to become one because it will benefit their career in some way ( case in point - the interview - bad PR skills).

I will get to DB in a minute, but Akshay is not a very good actor - and someone from the PH team who came to calm the forum down told me that regarding Akshay - how will he improve his acting skills if he does not get better tracks - I am sorry but does this mean that we bear more of him so that he can improve his acting skills ?? not done. if tomorrow the person playing the character was changed it would not make an iota of difference. His coming with Sanaya and Barun to get awards, his good networking all that was making him liked by everyone ( including me) is now making me angry because it seems he is using it to demand better tracks. Not done. 

I refuse to comment on Actors and their methods of PR and what they do or do not do to increase their tracks, except that if I were in their place and looking to improve my standing I would do the same and you would to. Either way it is not my concern ...There are so many bad actors, but you can't spoil the story and the characters in the story because of the actors skills. That the production house and the actor in question should work on that, or the PH should get a better actor- none of my business- I am concerned with the story and the characters. 

As for DB, I was one of the people who rooted for her to come back. I started noticing much earlier - dining table scene where Daljeet BD used, naniji saying Anjali gone to doctor, that post awards functions, DB was not happy with the amount of recognition she received. We also know that the past of Arnav has been shot with Daljeet and DB made these demands when Barun's movie had started And the story was moved to buaji's house right about then so...reading between lines...no baby bump. We all - who loved her performances suddenly started to see a side to her that seems very unprofessional. the interview, which we all watched eagerly - wanting to see sweet Daljeet say - "guyz relax, I know am not the main lead - Sanaya is the main lead, we are friends and it is kool with me. The show has to follow a story line but your feedback is well received, we will give increased focus to Arnav and Kushi", really left me shocked...the way she paused and said you know Kushi - I am beyond upset, because I loved her work and then suddenly there is this new person...

This is NOT a war between Sanaya and Daljeet! At every given point in a story, one character will gain more prominence over  another. This does not mean that the lead or anyone else has been sidelined. It is just that the script at this point demands more screen space for Anjali. Whether they(the PH) are using it to effectively build the story and Anjali's case is debatable. Perhaps they are not able to because of their attempts to please ALL.  Like JW and Anu have said in their posts, it is crucial for the audience to see things from Anjalis point of view to understand her rationale, but if the PH do that, a large section of the audience are going to be hopping and skipping mad!
There is no reason for Daljeet to say anything of any sort...or defend anything.  As far as her baby bump is concerned, I can comment when the PH decide how many months pregnant she is - because if she is just 6 months pregnant she does not really need to show because there are women who do not show until the third trimester.

I know you have been building Anjali finding out track from the beginning - and I really wanted to see it - and I feel bad that it was so badly received - and that is why I am angry at DB - after a prolonged kidnapping track - people wanted to see Arnav - Kushi for a while - had she waited patiently, instead of demanding more screen space now - it would probably have been a much different story...10 episodes - 10 episodes of ArHi happiness and then all this drama - would have been much better received - the timing was off ...

Understand the respect, importance and position of Sanaya in the show and heart of fans, do not mess with that if you want your story to be well received...that goes for everyone - 

regarding the story - something went wrong post the Holi week - was it the time when LM left - you know the truth - you need to bring back the ARNAV-KUSHI focused story line - with all characters and all drama revolving around them - we want drama - but it has to be around ArHI - not Anjali - and it is not anjali that is getting DB the beating - it is actually the other way round.
I don't think this serial was ever about only Arnav and Khushi.  It was as much about Anjali! Like JW said, the PH created a monster in Arnav and Khushi and the couple because so popular that the PH are in a catch 22 situation.  They are victims of their own success. 
People were happy with Anjali as long as her irrational behaviour favoured the romance, now because she is more a hinderance people want her role to be chopped?  Infact I really think choppy romance and meaningless rabba yes are the reason why we are where we are right now.  Not to mention those ridiculous comedy infusions in-between serious tracks!!!

You cannot say we don't want drama - we don't complain when you show Abhaas ( love him), naniki, buaji, NK. They have all tremendous acting skills and we love their scenes...

If you want your story well received - 

1. stop defending DB
2. have a meeting with character actors and tell them sweetly but bluntly that they are exactly that - character actors, no amount of networking or bonding can change that.
3. give us 1 week like the holi week
4. and then restart the drama - ( make DB - BArun scenes very less - her saying - Barun and me, Barun and my scenes again and again has gone down very badly with many fans  - make DB scenes with Abhaas, nani, whoever  -not Arnav and give her the screen space then )

No offence intented- but you really don't understand the story if these are your demands. I say this without any intention to cause any offence because sometimes the written word may seem more harsh than it is intended.  I would just like to say that it is not about DB or Barun or Sanaya. This is a STORY and it is about ANJALI, ARNAV and Khushi.  Now, in a story every character has a role to play and at different times different characters will gain prominence ...it is impossible for one or two to remain prominent all the time.  Enjoy all aspects of the story and stop demanding things and you may actually like what they show!!!

That is all - not bashing - just trying to vent my feelings - sorry if offended anyone - truly care about the show...

well then, the TRP's will speak dear ...I again say there are only and only two integral characters in this story line - Arnav and Kushi...I hope you get a reality check soon...

And buddy you should be carefull - ANJALI  ARNAV and Kushi - it is KUSHI, ARNAV and then Anjali and everyone else...
Here I am poking my pretty nose in theis wonderful discussion between Beagleboy and Mahi...
Well what can I say couldn't resistTongue
For the underlined parts from Beagleboy: yeah we all know this serial was about Arnav, Khushi and their familiesBig smile
About understanding the story: I assume you are not from PH or are not directly involved with the story writing. Which means you, me and Mahi are all in even playing field. So while my demands on story are different from Mahi I can never 'DARE' say her understanding of story is incorrect because of her demands because in turn she would say the same about me...

But I am OK with story flow. Arnav, Khushi and how first Lavanya, then Payash, then Shyam and now Anjali are catalyst to thier love story. I never grudged Lavanya, Payash, Shyam and now Anjali their screen time.

And yeah, I perceive the story to be a love story about ARNAV, KHUSHI and other characters. They always promoted the show based on these 2 most important people.

Minnie pulls her elephant nose out and runs off to enigma's threadSmile

Mahi122OmNaMaSteOm

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sammi5

Originally posted by JWMRK

WOW...the welcomesHugHugHug

Dost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me absorb this...and then will respondBig smile

Unreserved

First off am so glad you made a post...PartyParty...

And now some thoughts

BB, you know briefly how I think of this...allow me to articulate

a) The soap

Point well taken that this is a soap and one cannot have 27 minutes of passion everyday. That is a VM not a story. However, a credible story needs a credible vision, a credible continuity and credible gumption to go ahead with it...all three of which are missing here. Because look at the scatter a mile approach in which they have dealt this...one minute its fun and games, next, drama, third fake marriage, fourth more fun and games

If Didi ki Saut was the idea, then Didi should have been the focus from day 1...Somewhere in the scheme of things whilst they set out to do this, they didnt bargain for the popularity that ASR-Khusi and Barun-Sanaya will unleash.

Now one can tell that the PH is caught in a chicken and egg situation...they want to continue with their vision...but the frankestienLOLLOL.. they developed by relying heavily on the chemistry between the leads is irreversible

So if they have to bring the focus back to the original story...or rather their idea of the original story then only credible compelling storytelling will achieve it.

The anger and frustration a large section of people are feeling is because the way this track has progressed it seems like a patch job...with no continuity again

b) Anjali has every right to resent Khushi...I myself have stated that in my posts...after all who will love/ accept a woman your husband was wanting to bed!...But again that has to be shown sensitively...not in Anjali resenting her brother cosying up to Khushi...In fact then Anjali should be happy that Khushi at least was never interested in Shyam

c) BB, I differ from a lot of people I have met on IF in one thing...I actually have always thought and still do that this is a very mediocre PH...they just have a talented couple fronting them...there is sloppy execution in every possible area  almost every other day. In fact some of their tracks are so regressive whilst claiming to be not..its not funny...

d) As for Daljeet...I have nothing against her and am choosing my words with care...BB I saw a few statements she made and an interview...More power to her that she negotiated, if that indeed is the case and in saying this I am thinking from her personal capacity. I am a hard-core competitive person at work and know how difficult it is to sustain yourself in the race for recognitionSmile

But...and this is a huge but...her admonishing viewers on professionalism and story telling seems like a baloon of hot hair given that she is not willing to increase an inch of her clothing to show a pregnant woman's countenance...so what efforts is she putting in to make her own character look credible...secondly she expects us to be mature as she is working hard...so...my part time maid works hard tooLOLLOL...thirdly and there is no other way to say this, to me, she has limited acting skills, save 3-4 scenes in the entire year...she either weeps or sulks or smiles sideways or giggles on simple situations/ dialogues that say ..coffee piyo naLOLLOL...so either the writer here is not getting an effective screenplay to us...or the actress is not able to convey it well

Something is surely lost in transalation somewhere

Will write separately on the track now in a few minutes...guess I got carried away and the post is already longBig smile

Lotsaa love

JWSmile

You made your points but you stayed Politically correct. Very very good rebuttle, you did it with respect inspite of a difference of opinion to the author of this post who also stayed respectful. 

ThanksSmile

The author of this post is someone I know from long and respect a lot...a woman who is very articulate, intelligent,  and a warm person...

We were both part of an earlier forum...and quite a few times on opposite sides of a viewpoint.Smile

But that has never ever affected our friendshipSmile...and thats both a pleasure and a rarity on these forums where differing views mean dislike and no-tolerance.

Edited by JWMRK - 22 July 2012 at 10:16am

OmNaMaSteOmInfofan

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by beagleboy

BB, you know briefly how I think of this...allow me to articulate

a) The soap

Point well taken that this is a soap and one cannot have 27 minutes of passion everyday. That is a VM not a story. However, a credible story needs a credible vision, a credible continuity and credible gumption to go ahead with it...all three of which are missing here. Because look at the scatter a mile approach in which they have dealt this...one minute its fun and games, next, drama, third fake marriage, fourth more fun and games

I agree totally and completely that the comedy tracks that are introduced in-between serious tracks dilute the story and the importance of the track gets sidelined and put in a 'to-do' pile.  There is lack of continuity in these instances and a person cannot jump from 'happy' to depressed to happy, unless they are smoking some kind of pot!

If Didi ki Saut was the idea, then Didi should have been the focus from day 1...Somewhere in the scheme of things whilst they set out to do this, they didnt bargain for the popularity that ASR-Khusi and Barun-Sanaya will unleash.

To me even though Didi was always immersed in her Thalis and poojas, and even though she did not have as much screen space earlier, she was ALWAYS an important character. If you look at the story- the way Shyam was introduced as Anjalis husband, and the very fact that he was Anjalis husband meant that Anjali would have a great role to play in the story and indeed the romance between the leads. 

This I agree

And to me she always seem deeply flawed- clingy, desperate and insecure. So her reactions and sudden possessiveness does not come as a shock.  

Yes, agree her reactions are not shocking...the way the screenplay is written and the way it is enacted is not in sync...the same result of her insecurity can be achieved by her telling ASR ..look I know Khushi is imortant but am I being compromised...is that why you threw out Shyam...now it comes accross as her being resentful for the shee proximity between ASR and Khushi

Now one can tell that the PH is caught in a chicken and egg situation...they want to continue with their vision...but the frankestienLOLLOL.. they developed by relying heavily on the chemistry between the leads is irreversible

So if they have to bring the focus back to the original story...or rather their idea of the original story then only credible compelling storytelling will achieve it.

The anger and frustration a large section of people are feeling is because the way this track has progressed it seems like a patch job...with no continuity again

b) Anjali has every right to resent Khushi...I myself have stated that in my posts...after all who will love/ accept a woman your husband was wanting to bed!...But again that has to be shown sensitively...not in Anjali resenting her brother cosying up to Khushi...In fact then Anjali should be happy that Khushi at least was never interested in Shyam

I still maintain that there is a time for romance.  If there was a death in the family, one would not be expected to romance? I don't think resents Arnav's happiness. I think she resents the timing.  Perhaps, she expects him to always be with her- she is irrational (she has made irrational demands before)...

BB I think a bit differently here...both ASR and Khushi were in great trauma and duress too...so now that tehy have found each other their "want" foor each other is coming to the fore...had the PH not resorted to the ill placed vcontract, then shart, and then comedy...this physical and emotional proxximity between them would not have been out of place to anyone...you come back from near death and realise this is the person I want to see every waking minute of my life...thats what ASR is doing

An irrational person will react in an irrational manner and her animosity towards Khushi is also a product of ignorance- she is still ignorant of my many truths. 

This I agree

c) BB, I differ from a lot of people I have met on IF in one thing...I actually have always thought and still do that this is a very mediocre PH...they just have a talented couple fronting them...there is sloppy execution in every possible area  almost every other day. In fact some of their tracks are so regressive whilst claiming to be not..its not funny...
 Agreed that some tracks are clearly regressive- take for example Anjali's pregnancy- she is pregnant for pete's sake! She and everyone else acts as though she has one foot in the grave. She seems as fragile as the sand castles she built!

LOLLOL...well said

d) As for Daljeet...I have nothing against her and am choosing my words with care...BB I saw a few statements she made and an interview...More power to her that she negotiated, if that indeed is the case and in saying this I am thinking from her personal capacity. I am a hard-core competitive person at work and know how difficult it is to sustain yourself in the race for recognitionSmile

But...and this is a huge but...her admonishing viewers on professionalism and story telling seems like a baloon of hot hair given that she is not willing to increase an inch of her clothing to show a pregnant woman's countenance...so what efforts is she putting in to make her own character look credible...secondly she expects us to be mature as she is working hard...so...my part time maid works hard tooLOLLOL...thirdly and there is no other way to say this, to me, she has limited acting skills, save 3-4 scenes in the entire year...she either weeps or sulks or smiles sideways or giggles on simple situations/ dialogues that say ..coffee piyo naLOLLOL...so either the writer here is not getting an effective screenplay to us...or the actress is not able to convey it well

Not sure what she negotiated or not.  To me the current track is important.  I did not really get offended by what she said because I don't know what kind of mails she is getting.  She was reacting to all the hate mails she was getting.  People can be pretty nasty...probably second in line to football hooliganism!  

LOLLOL...I know the footbal stuff...thats scary at times

I don't think anyone even the writers know how pregnant she is! I have to say though that some women do not show until the very end.  They are very flat.  I know someone who was in her 7th month or 8th month and did not show at all.  

Ok I was not aware...thanks for clarifying...I have always seen women who have a lager tummy

TV is gruelling work...it is not easy to stand under lights and keep those hours and get rewarded with hate mail.  Everyone likes to be appreciated. Or, if you can't say anything nice, don't be nasty. So I guess the fans of the serial got the better of her.  

Thats a mature point of view and I now understand what you mean

Agree about the limited acting skills...definitely in comparison to the others on the serial ...perhaps now that she has some scope, other than smiling and frowning, she can showcase some of her talent.  I don't think the script demanded anything other than what she has been doing so far. 

Hopefully...lets see

Something is surely lost in transalation somewhere

Will write separately on the track now in a few minutes...guess I got carried away and the post is already longBig smile

Lotsaa love

JWSmile

Hug Millions and gazillions of them:)))))))

[/QUOTE]

BBHug

Thanks much for the reply ..just a few points...in blueBig smile

Take care

OmNaMaSteOmInfofan

Go to top