Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Mahi122

well then, the TRP's will speak dear ...I again say there are only and only two integral characters in this story line - Arnav and Kushi...I hope you get a reality check soon...

And buddy you should be carefull - ANJALI  ARNAV and Kushi - it is KUSHI, ARNAV and then Anjali and everyone else...
and my apologies for replying to you in piecemeal fashion - I would never try and improve my standing in a work project if I knew that someone else would lead the project better and the whole team including me would benefit instead of trying to do the work myself and get some limelight - because at the end of the day if the project is successful, every person on the team, however small or large her role might be will benefit. That is what good team work is about. DB's demand for more screen space is inot justified because she will not be able to attract those kinds of TRPs. And the TRPs will speak.

And also I would attract your attention to a post by our regular spoiler giver - Mishi - Her post says in bold - ANJALI IS NOT THE LEAD. well that should give you some indication that this show is about Arnav and Kushi and if some actor wants to change that - the change will only come at the cost of the show's TRPs going to all time low.
Edited by Mahi122 - 11 years ago
minnie2308 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahi122

And buddy you should be carefull - ANJALI  ARNAV and Kushi - it is KUSHI, ARNAV and then Anjali and everyone else...

Here I am poking my pretty nose in theis wonderful discussion between Beagleboy and Mahi...
Well what can I say couldn't resist😛
For the underlined parts from Beagleboy: yeah we all know this serial was about Arnav, Khushi and their families😃
About understanding the story: I assume you are not from PH or are not directly involved with the story writing. Which means you, me and Mahi are all in even playing field. So while my demands on story are different from Mahi I can never 'DARE' say her understanding of story is incorrect because of her demands because in turn she would say the same about me...

But I am OK with story flow. Arnav, Khushi and how first Lavanya, then Payash, then Shyam and now Anjali are catalyst to thier love story. I never grudged Lavanya, Payash, Shyam and now Anjali their screen time.

And yeah, I perceive the story to be a love story about ARNAV, KHUSHI and other characters. They always promoted the show based on these 2 most important people.

Minnie pulls her elephant nose out and runs off to enigma's thread😊
JWMRK thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sammi5

You made your points but you stayed Politically correct. Very very good rebuttle, you did it with respect inspite of a difference of opinion to the author of this post who also stayed respectful. 

Thanks😊

The author of this post is someone I know from long and respect a lot...a woman who is very articulate, intelligent,  and a warm person...

We were both part of an earlier forum...and quite a few times on opposite sides of a viewpoint.😊

But that has never ever affected our friendship😊...and thats both a pleasure and a rarity on these forums where differing views mean dislike and no-tolerance.

Edited by JWMRK - 11 years ago
JWMRK thumbnail

Originally posted by: beagleboy

BB, you know briefly how I think of this...allow me to articulate

a) The soap

Point well taken that this is a soap and one cannot have 27 minutes of passion everyday. That is a VM not a story. However, a credible story needs a credible vision, a credible continuity and credible gumption to go ahead with it...all three of which are missing here. Because look at the scatter a mile approach in which they have dealt this...one minute its fun and games, next, drama, third fake marriage, fourth more fun and games

I agree totally and completely that the comedy tracks that are introduced in-between serious tracks dilute the story and the importance of the track gets sidelined and put in a 'to-do' pile.  There is lack of continuity in these instances and a person cannot jump from 'happy' to depressed to happy, unless they are smoking some kind of pot!

If Didi ki Saut was the idea, then Didi should have been the focus from day 1...Somewhere in the scheme of things whilst they set out to do this, they didnt bargain for the popularity that ASR-Khusi and Barun-Sanaya will unleash.

To me even though Didi was always immersed in her Thalis and poojas, and even though she did not have as much screen space earlier, she was ALWAYS an important character. If you look at the story- the way Shyam was introduced as Anjalis husband, and the very fact that he was Anjalis husband meant that Anjali would have a great role to play in the story and indeed the romance between the leads. 

This I agree

And to me she always seem deeply flawed- clingy, desperate and insecure. So her reactions and sudden possessiveness does not come as a shock.  

Yes, agree her reactions are not shocking...the way the screenplay is written and the way it is enacted is not in sync...the same result of her insecurity can be achieved by her telling ASR ..look I know Khushi is imortant but am I being compromised...is that why you threw out Shyam...now it comes accross as her being resentful for the shee proximity between ASR and Khushi

Now one can tell that the PH is caught in a chicken and egg situation...they want to continue with their vision...but the frankestien😆😆.. they developed by relying heavily on the chemistry between the leads is irreversible

So if they have to bring the focus back to the original story...or rather their idea of the original story then only credible compelling storytelling will achieve it.

The anger and frustration a large section of people are feeling is because the way this track has progressed it seems like a patch job...with no continuity again

b) Anjali has every right to resent Khushi...I myself have stated that in my posts...after all who will love/ accept a woman your husband was wanting to bed!...But again that has to be shown sensitively...not in Anjali resenting her brother cosying up to Khushi...In fact then Anjali should be happy that Khushi at least was never interested in Shyam

I still maintain that there is a time for romance.  If there was a death in the family, one would not be expected to romance? I don't think resents Arnav's happiness. I think she resents the timing.  Perhaps, she expects him to always be with her- she is irrational (she has made irrational demands before)...

BB I think a bit differently here...both ASR and Khushi were in great trauma and duress too...so now that tehy have found each other their "want" foor each other is coming to the fore...had the PH not resorted to the ill placed vcontract, then shart, and then comedy...this physical and emotional proxximity between them would not have been out of place to anyone...you come back from near death and realise this is the person I want to see every waking minute of my life...thats what ASR is doing

An irrational person will react in an irrational manner and her animosity towards Khushi is also a product of ignorance- she is still ignorant of my many truths. 

This I agree

c) BB, I differ from a lot of people I have met on IF in one thing...I actually have always thought and still do that this is a very mediocre PH...they just have a talented couple fronting them...there is sloppy execution in every possible area  almost every other day. In fact some of their tracks are so regressive whilst claiming to be not..its not funny...
 Agreed that some tracks are clearly regressive- take for example Anjali's pregnancy- she is pregnant for pete's sake! She and everyone else acts as though she has one foot in the grave. She seems as fragile as the sand castles she built!

😆😆...well said

d) As for Daljeet...I have nothing against her and am choosing my words with care...BB I saw a few statements she made and an interview...More power to her that she negotiated, if that indeed is the case and in saying this I am thinking from her personal capacity. I am a hard-core competitive person at work and know how difficult it is to sustain yourself in the race for recognition😊

But...and this is a huge but...her admonishing viewers on professionalism and story telling seems like a baloon of hot hair given that she is not willing to increase an inch of her clothing to show a pregnant woman's countenance...so what efforts is she putting in to make her own character look credible...secondly she expects us to be mature as she is working hard...so...my part time maid works hard too😆😆...thirdly and there is no other way to say this, to me, she has limited acting skills, save 3-4 scenes in the entire year...she either weeps or sulks or smiles sideways or giggles on simple situations/ dialogues that say ..coffee piyo na😆😆...so either the writer here is not getting an effective screenplay to us...or the actress is not able to convey it well

Not sure what she negotiated or not.  To me the current track is important.  I did not really get offended by what she said because I don't know what kind of mails she is getting.  She was reacting to all the hate mails she was getting.  People can be pretty nasty...probably second in line to football hooliganism!  

😆😆...I know the footbal stuff...thats scary at times

I don't think anyone even the writers know how pregnant she is! I have to say though that some women do not show until the very end.  They are very flat.  I know someone who was in her 7th month or 8th month and did not show at all.  

Ok I was not aware...thanks for clarifying...I have always seen women who have a lager tummy

TV is gruelling work...it is not easy to stand under lights and keep those hours and get rewarded with hate mail.  Everyone likes to be appreciated. Or, if you can't say anything nice, don't be nasty. So I guess the fans of the serial got the better of her.  

Thats a mature point of view and I now understand what you mean

Agree about the limited acting skills...definitely in comparison to the others on the serial ...perhaps now that she has some scope, other than smiling and frowning, she can showcase some of her talent.  I don't think the script demanded anything other than what she has been doing so far. 

Hopefully...lets see

Something is surely lost in transalation somewhere

Will write separately on the track now in a few minutes...guess I got carried away and the post is already long😃

Lotsaa love

JW😊

ðŸ¤— Millions and gazillions of them:)))))))

[/QUOTE]

BB🤗

Thanks much for the reply ..just a few points...in blue😃

Take care
beagleboy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
JW ðŸ¤—...lets take the discussion offline shall we ...I'll smack your bottom and let out some expletives and you do the same (be gentle though, my Tushy is never Khushi when it gets smacked!)
JWMRK thumbnail

Originally posted by: beagleboy

JW ðŸ¤—...lets take the discussion offline shall we ...I'll smack your bottom and let out some expletives and you do the same (be gentle though, my Tushy is never Khushi when it gets smacked!)

Ohh...I just came around to take a look at the other response

BB...no problem...I can appreciate

You have me with you for good...will pm in detail🤗🤗
askaman thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
first of all the brother sister bond was shown two sided, but by far i have naver seen anjali doing anything out of the way for chotte. if shaym means more to her than chotte than why cant khushi means more to arnav than di.
she never once questioned shaym and his credibility, a wife knows it when the husband is cheating and she had her doubts but she doesnt blame him even once.
she doesnt care that if khushi, nk , chotte and payal are right than shaym almost killed chotte but she is fine with that cuz she is pregnant and under immense stress and blah blah blah...
she is not happy cuz her brother is happy, showz that she is after all not that motherly a figure as we considered. she is self centered and only thinks of herself.
As for daljeet , well when she started this show when she signed it, she knew her worth and knew her role, why this need to negotiate after wards. i didnt like the way she handled the criticism, i mean abhaas handled it well, even others are doing a good job. when you are a "professional" than you dont have to justify your hard work. you can ask and beg for sympathy but cant beg for appreciation.
annet506 thumbnail
absolutely right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
You make some valid points and I do agree to an extent.

The point where Anjali attempted to abort her own baby, the forum was sympathizing for her. We understand her plight and ordeal and I know she's going through a rough patch at the moment, but after Friday especially, what little fans of Anjali there were on the forum, it drastically decreased.

The Didi angle has always been there and we've seen on many times this fabulous brother-sister relationship. However, the way the CV's are portraying Anjali's current fixation on Arnav doesn't seem to be everyone's taste. The original premise was for a love story, and that's what everyone has been loyally following for the past year, so if the story is taking a regressive turn and is nudging towards Anjali's viewpoint more, you can't blame fans for this sudden backlash.

Right now, the storyline seems to be 'Anjali is pregnant', therefore she must be neurotic, crazy, hormonal, dependent etc. Whatever. CV's can take this angle and do what they please with it, but at the moment they don't seem to be showing much substance behind Anjali's thinking. There should be shades of insecurity at her handicap, her abandonment issues with parents, the stigma of raising a child alone etc. And all we see is Anjali upset that Arnav is in love.

For me, it's kind of disappointing to say the least. But! TRP's will tell everything, so until then, we can only really wait and watch.