sammi5
sammi5

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JWMRK

WOW...the welcomesHugHugHug

Dost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me absorb this...and then will respondBig smile

Unreserved

First off am so glad you made a post...PartyParty...

And now some thoughts

BB, you know briefly how I think of this...allow me to articulate

a) The soap

Point well taken that this is a soap and one cannot have 27 minutes of passion everyday. That is a VM not a story. However, a credible story needs a credible vision, a credible continuity and credible gumption to go ahead with it...all three of which are missing here. Because look at the scatter a mile approach in which they have dealt this...one minute its fun and games, next, drama, third fake marriage, fourth more fun and games

If Didi ki Saut was the idea, then Didi should have been the focus from day 1...Somewhere in the scheme of things whilst they set out to do this, they didnt bargain for the popularity that ASR-Khusi and Barun-Sanaya will unleash.

Now one can tell that the PH is caught in a chicken and egg situation...they want to continue with their vision...but the frankestienLOLLOL.. they developed by relying heavily on the chemistry between the leads is irreversible

So if they have to bring the focus back to the original story...or rather their idea of the original story then only credible compelling storytelling will achieve it.

The anger and frustration a large section of people are feeling is because the way this track has progressed it seems like a patch job...with no continuity again

b) Anjali has every right to resent Khushi...I myself have stated that in my posts...after all who will love/ accept a woman your husband was wanting to bed!...But again that has to be shown sensitively...not in Anjali resenting her brother cosying up to Khushi...In fact then Anjali should be happy that Khushi at least was never interested in Shyam

c) BB, I differ from a lot of people I have met on IF in one thing...I actually have always thought and still do that this is a very mediocre PH...they just have a talented couple fronting them...there is sloppy execution in every possible area  almost every other day. In fact some of their tracks are so regressive whilst claiming to be not..its not funny...

d) As for Daljeet...I have nothing against her and am choosing my words with care...BB I saw a few statements she made and an interview...More power to her that she negotiated, if that indeed is the case and in saying this I am thinking from her personal capacity. I am a hard-core competitive person at work and know how difficult it is to sustain yourself in the race for recognitionSmile

But...and this is a huge but...her admonishing viewers on professionalism and story telling seems like a baloon of hot hair given that she is not willing to increase an inch of her clothing to show a pregnant woman's countenance...so what efforts is she putting in to make her own character look credible...secondly she expects us to be mature as she is working hard...so...my part time maid works hard tooLOLLOL...thirdly and there is no other way to say this, to me, she has limited acting skills, save 3-4 scenes in the entire year...she either weeps or sulks or smiles sideways or giggles on simple situations/ dialogues that say ..coffee piyo naLOLLOL...so either the writer here is not getting an effective screenplay to us...or the actress is not able to convey it well

Something is surely lost in transalation somewhere

Will write separately on the track now in a few minutes...guess I got carried away and the post is already longBig smile

Lotsaa love

JWSmile

You made your points but you stayed Politically correct. Very very good rebuttle, you did it with respect inspite of a difference of opinion to the author of this post who also stayed respectful. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JWMRK

arshidreamz Groupbie
arshidreamz
arshidreamz

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arnavluv

personally i dont have any problem whatever anjali think about khushi...

as long as she doesnot try to separate arshi all is fine wid me:)...for now am full on enjoying ASR the lover boy:)...passionate lovestory is what i always wanted and last week we had fab arhi scenesClap so i dont mind anjali n HP small interruptionLOL...my point is anjali's dialogue "tumhe pyaar ho gaya hai chhotteAngry...sab kuch badal gaya"...i mean love is only meant for her n shyam...or what??? any normal person even if affected by Bro's marital life wont blurt it out in front of him...Confused

perfectly said..I too hav a problem with her dat one dialogue. For me that spoiled the whole beauty of the brother-sister relation which was portrayed so far. She proved that she is just me-mine-I person.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113PiscineMolitor

dnyd Goldie
dnyd
dnyd

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
I've asked this elsewhere but never received any answer. What if Arnav was sitting on the couch reading the papers and Khushi was sitting across having chai.. Would Anjali have felt as betrayed?? Or was it because she walked into a romantic scene is what bothered her. Would she have accused Arnav of being a liar if the scenario was a different one???

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113OmNaMaSteOm

seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Not only Anjali but the entire Raizada family has to be blamed. Anjali was kept inside a cocoon for her entire life where all the family fawned over her left, right and center. Essentially she led a very sheltered life and was more than happy to live in her dream world, constantly ignoring her husband's misdoings and never being suspicious of his actions. Anjali was always dependent on the people around her. Her woe-is-me attitude isn't a new thing at all. The CVs are actually expounding this aspect of her nature and hence at least there is character coherency here which is more than I can say for Khushi.

Also she has not been told the entire truth as of yet. There has been no confrontation, no meeting where the entire Raizada household gathered and spoke about the truth. They are either blaming the daughter-in-laws or mourning for Anjali's plight.Sweeping the truth under the carpet is no solution for when the truth finally crops up again it can only create misunderstandings as it did in this case.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235PiscineMolitor.Euphoria.OmNaMaSteOm

AR_ArShi Senior Member
AR_ArShi
AR_ArShi

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
I totally agree with you TM! 
Very well written and I feel exactly the same
the story was built up to lead to this point 
in regards to the whole IPKKND or didi ki saut name I personally think they must have decided to change the name because if it was called didi ki saut after this track (after anjali finds out the truth and like khushi again) would the show not have to finish? whereas it being named IPKKND allows scope for other tracks following this one..but thats my opinion we dont actually know the real reason
also I think had the show been named didi ki saut the intial promos would have to have been related to that and would have probably not pulled in as many viewers however the initial promos that were shown pulled in many viewers like me and also I am enjoying this track even when we found out shyam was anjalis husband I was interested and still am

I am one of the few that can understand anjalis reaction we have always know anjali to be insecure and for her to act this way it goes well with her characterisation

she has always been able to rely on arnav..he has always been there for her..and yes she wanted him to have someone else in his life who could love him the way her husband loved her (or so she thinks) and now her world has come crumbling down and she needs arnav the most right now so it is understandable that she will be upset when she sees him celebrating with his wife just after a day of her world crumbling

we know why arnav is doing this..he has alot to make up for with khushi..but anjali doesnt know this..she doesnt know why/how he got married to khushi and how he treated her after...all she knows is he chose to trust what khushi said about shyam over shyam himself..(who according to her has not been anything like what khushi said) she doesnt know that arnav already knew about shyam..

only after she knows the whole truth will she be able to understand that her and khushi were not so different in their circumstances anjalis husband pretended to love her whilst cheating on her and khushis husband although loved her didnt trust her and accused her of being a cheater...they have both been hurt by the ones they love
S.Stephy IF-Rockerz
S.Stephy
S.Stephy

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Very well-written!!

Even though 'Didi ki saut' is not the title of the show... this theme had always played in the background of the story right from the beginnng. Ever since they had shown that Shyam is Anjali's husband and everytime Arnav always said that his Di is the most imp person for him... it was obvious such a situation would arise at some point in the story. And this track has finally come. I guess since this track has been so late in coming, people might have thought that it would never come... and so when it did come, peope are frustrated.

Reg Anjali's reactions... I think her reactions are justified based on how her character has been portrayed thus far. She can't clearly support Khushi and conclude that her husband is the villian because she doesn't know the whole truth. She thinking that Khushi is the cause of all these problems and she not wanting to talk to or see Khushi... is all justified.

Again Anjali saying that Arnav has changed and he is in love, etc. is all correct. She has just drawn some conclusions about her brother based on her perception. Now it is upto Arnav as to how he will react to these statements; if he is going to take out his frustrations on Khushi or ignore her then it is Arnav's fault and not Anjali's. Instead if Arnav would take these in the right spirit and try to balance his time and attention to his wife and sis, then kudos to Arnav...

As of now I found all of Anjali's reactions well within her character and I had no problems in watching these. But I wouldn't like it if she starts to become some kind of vamp trying to take revenge against Khushi, etc... now, this is something i won't be able to tolerate and I hope this doesn't happen...
PiscineMolitor Goldie
PiscineMolitor
PiscineMolitor

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mitz

Beagleboy is Akshay Dogra.  Enough said.
true.Wink

Edited by rmipkknd - 21 July 2012 at 10:09pm
Moon_light Senior Member
Moon_light
Moon_light

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mitz

Beagleboy is Akshay Dogra.  Enough said.

ROFL ROFL Thank you!!! Now that post completely makes sense!!!
ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122

Go to top