Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Reality Check people! (Page 3)

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

Everything you wrote is 100% true, but as my pal JW said - something is getting lost in translation.

No one has any clue what is playing in Anjali's mind.  Is she angry at Khushi, everyone else has said that Anjali holds Kh accountable, but we haven't heard that from her.  And I would be prepared to see an unstable Anjali lash out at ASR and Khushi for how cruel her life is right now.  I would be prepared for her to say shyam is not like this, you both did this to me.  Yet, being prepared to digest all this, I see Anjali saying Chotte you changed when you got married, but I am telling you this now and not 4 months ago because then I didn't care, but now I do - how can you be with your wife.  This may not be the intent of the CVs, but that is how it is coming off.
What we are being fed is an anticlimactic love story (we have waited a year for) that can't get off the ground and what is slowly but surely looking to be a saas bahu kitchen drama in between.  For what?  So that we can force the re-entry of a good for nothing villain at the cost of all the other relationships in the show.  Nice and regressive.

The reality check is in the TRPs, so let's wait and watch.

Anu

DITTO to thisBig smile

BB

Let me now come to the storyline...and again I have a different take on it

We all agree Anjali has been wronged...in more ways than one...by not just Shyam but by ASR and Khushi too...They dud that the moment they kept Shyam's truth away from her...I have always maintained it, they had no right to take away Anjali's own decision about her own life

Secondly, a lot of us have this reaction after two weeks of showtime after the revelation. I can speak for myself...I made posts sympathising with Anjali...after all she shared her life her personal space with that man...I still understand her plight...what I cannot understand is her one dimensional approach

Again I understand her resentment towards Khushi...which wife would not

The point as Anu (momma1128) mentioned is in the scripting or execution  or both...no one will have a problem if this is put accross well. So show us what Anjali thinks...show us her monologues...show us her outburst

One moment she is ready with a bowl of Kheer (which for an extremely superstitious and overtly religious Hindu like Anjali shoudl be associated with auspicious or happy occasions)...the next minute she sees her brother with Khushi and flipsShocked

Why...Khushi had her birthday, as a husband he arranged a private pool side party for just them...did he arrange for a party ...no...did he force Anjali to attend...no
 ...But in the same vein I agree with you that the living room romance could have been avoided...again as I said the PH cannot turn around the frankenstien they have unleashed by the lead paid chemistry focused story all along

Moving on you say she does not have a problem with him loving Khushi she has a problem with timing...So why does Anjali not consider the following

a) After being gagge, beaten, humiliated, almost killed...ASR has returned back and is focusing on her ...his first priority was getting her to rest, getting her to a doctor, explaining things to her...Had he walked out of that dining room rama with Khushi in hand I can understand his priorities have changed...But no thats not the reality

b) ASR is bothered about Anjali...is Anjali bothered about ASR...you too agree he is like a son to her...so should she, as his emotional mother not ask him how he fared for taht one month in captivity

c) Anjali's husband has been thrown out...Khushi's husband almost lost his life...there is a huge perspective here BB...when you have been in that situation you would want to cherish get close to the person that matters...which ASR and Khushi are doing in the few moments of privacy they get...So why is the PH not highiling Khushi or ASR's post traumatic stress

d) You are right that she has a fogged vision and frankly always had...but her vision works well for Nani who is the next best person in her life after Shyam and ASR...so why is she not upset with Nani...Nani is in Khushi's home ground too

In summary...they can show us a well developed story...side characters developed, Anjali's resentment towards all...and we will buy it...but to make it one dimensional twain that Chottey you changed and now are not before me 24/ 7 is jarring...when was he 24/7 before her anyways...he is the same Chottey who shoved Lavanya right before their faces...did he listen to her then??

I will say it again...something is lost in translation somewhere

And two...If Anjali is so bothered about Shyam...and believes him...(because you are right in your analysis that for Anjali why shoudl she believe ASR/ Khushi)...then as a wife she has an option to leave the RM and go with her spouse...to want her brother to bring back the very man who is lusting after his wife is plain unreasonable...no matter how fogged one's vision is

Cheers!

Loved discussing with you after a long timeHug...

Edited by JWMRK - 21 July 2012 at 11:03am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

reluctantfannewmember1hasheyktjaKasu4lyfesaddafmahmoodstardust-KeshriyaOmNaMaSteOmmomma1128

beagleboy IF-Dazzler
beagleboy
beagleboy

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged

BB, you know briefly how I think of this...allow me to articulate

a) The soap

Point well taken that this is a soap and one cannot have 27 minutes of passion everyday. That is a VM not a story. However, a credible story needs a credible vision, a credible continuity and credible gumption to go ahead with it...all three of which are missing here. Because look at the scatter a mile approach in which they have dealt this...one minute its fun and games, next, drama, third fake marriage, fourth more fun and games

I agree totally and completely that the comedy tracks that are introduced in-between serious tracks dilute the story and the importance of the track gets sidelined and put in a 'to-do' pile.  There is lack of continuity in these instances and a person cannot jump from 'happy' to depressed to happy, unless they are smoking some kind of pot!

If Didi ki Saut was the idea, then Didi should have been the focus from day 1...Somewhere in the scheme of things whilst they set out to do this, they didnt bargain for the popularity that ASR-Khusi and Barun-Sanaya will unleash.

To me even though Didi was always immersed in her Thalis and poojas, and even though she did not have as much screen space earlier, she was ALWAYS an important character. If you look at the story- the way Shyam was introduced as Anjalis husband, and the very fact that he was Anjalis husband meant that Anjali would have a great role to play in the story and indeed the romance between the leads.  And to me she always seem deeply flawed- clingy, desperate and insecure. So her reactions and sudden possessiveness does not come as a shock.  

Now one can tell that the PH is caught in a chicken and egg situation...they want to continue with their vision...but the frankestienLOLLOL.. they developed by relying heavily on the chemistry between the leads is irreversible

So if they have to bring the focus back to the original story...or rather their idea of the original story then only credible compelling storytelling will achieve it.

The anger and frustration a large section of people are feeling is because the way this track has progressed it seems like a patch job...with no continuity again

b) Anjali has every right to resent Khushi...I myself have stated that in my posts...after all who will love/ accept a woman your husband was wanting to bed!...But again that has to be shown sensitively...not in Anjali resenting her brother cosying up to Khushi...In fact then Anjali should be happy that Khushi at least was never interested in Shyam

I still maintain that there is a time for romance.  If there was a death in the family, one would not be expected to romance? I don't think resents Arnav's happiness. I think she resents the timing.  Perhaps, she expects him to always be with her- she is irrational (she has made irrational demands before)...An irrational person will react in an irrational manner and her animosity towards Khushi is also a product of ignorance- she is still ignorant of my many truths. 

c) BB, I differ from a lot of people I have met on IF in one thing...I actually have always thought and still do that this is a very mediocre PH...they just have a talented couple fronting them...there is sloppy execution in every possible area  almost every other day. In fact some of their tracks are so regressive whilst claiming to be not..its not funny...
 Agreed that some tracks are clearly regressive- take for example Anjali's pregnancy- she is pregnant for pete's sake! She and everyone else acts as though she has one foot in the grave. She seems as fragile as the sand castles she built!

d) As for Daljeet...I have nothing against her and am choosing my words with care...BB I saw a few statements she made and an interview...More power to her that she negotiated, if that indeed is the case and in saying this I am thinking from her personal capacity. I am a hard-core competitive person at work and know how difficult it is to sustain yourself in the race for recognitionSmile

But...and this is a huge but...her admonishing viewers on professionalism and story telling seems like a baloon of hot hair given that she is not willing to increase an inch of her clothing to show a pregnant woman's countenance...so what efforts is she putting in to make her own character look credible...secondly she expects us to be mature as she is working hard...so...my part time maid works hard tooLOLLOL...thirdly and there is no other way to say this, to me, she has limited acting skills, save 3-4 scenes in the entire year...she either weeps or sulks or smiles sideways or giggles on simple situations/ dialogues that say ..coffee piyo naLOLLOL...so either the writer here is not getting an effective screenplay to us...or the actress is not able to convey it well

Not sure what she negotiated or not.  To me the current track is important.  I did not really get offended by what she said because I don't know what kind of mails she is getting.  She was reacting to all the hate mails she was getting.  People can be pretty nasty...probably second in line to football hooliganism!  I don't think anyone even the writers know how pregnant she is! I have to say though that some women do not show until the very end.  They are very flat.  I know someone who was in her 7th month or 8th month and did not show at all.   TV is gruelling work...it is not easy to stand under lights and keep those hours and get rewarded with hate mail.  Everyone likes to be appreciated. Or, if you can't say anything nice, don't be nasty. So I guess the fans of the serial got the better of her.  Agree about the limited acting skills...definitely in comparison to the others on the serial ...perhaps now that she has some scope, other than smiling and frowning, she can showcase some of her talent.  I don't think the script demanded anything other than what she has been doing so far. 

Something is surely lost in transalation somewhere

Will write separately on the track now in a few minutes...guess I got carried away and the post is already longBig smile

Lotsaa love

JWSmile

Hug Millions and gazillions of them:)))))))

[/QUOTE]

Edited by beagleboy - 21 July 2012 at 10:59am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JWMRK

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stardust-

You know what a conspiracy theory is? Something like you know the first and last events and the rest are filled up by unlimited number of theories to make each theory sound possible.

That's what happened to IPKKND uff Didi Ki Saut. It has always been what it has been and suddenly there are these Daljeet quits rumours and we start spinning theories.

If I were Daljeet will I ever think of quitting the show when i get so much screen space????
Not really, it is quite evident that the tracks were changed even zee on fuze said Khushi will be shot.

saddafmahmood

saddafmahmood Goldie
saddafmahmood
saddafmahmood

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mitz

Originally posted by JWMRK

Originally posted by Mitz

Beagleboy is Akshay Dogra.  Enough said.

Hey!!

The few people who know me here ...know I have a long rope when it comes to temper

But I have to say this...you are being extremely offensive and personal

You have a counter point state it respectfully...dont get personal

Thanks!

Wow... Calm down. Ok let me explain my response.

The post author has presented their points of view / sentiments in a very articulate and considered manner, whilst also presenting the ideology of the PH and associated creatives.  As such one has to think - that whilst all the other actors of IPKKND are talented and attractive actors - I have only ever found Akshay Dogra to be this articulate and possess the vocabulary and grammer as presented in this post.  Thus my assumption that the writer may actually be Akshay Dogra and therefore the views coloured?  Nothing personal, abusive or offensive intended.  

Better?

Dear u may not be Akshay but u r definitely some how  linked with the IPKKND protect cause now a dayz they r the only one who r trying to shove down our throat their ideology with a weird story line Confused 

OmNaMaSteOm

saddafmahmood Goldie
saddafmahmood
saddafmahmood

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Risha_ipkknd

That was very well put!It made me see Anjali in another light-but I am still not sure that I like the way she is reacting.To start off,you said this was always a part of the story.I understand and have always know that Anjali is one of the main characters but then why was it ''A story between two star crossed lovers''?Why wasn't it first advertised as ''A man torn between his sister and wife''Infact Gul had herself said this WAS to be named Didi ki saut.Now from the angle I see if they had said this was Didi ki saut I wouldnt have started with the show.But what they did was start off with ipkknd and later say this is DKS or whatever and was in the first place.I feel cheated ,not because Daljeet's space time or anything but rather the way they have chosen to portray her breakdown.I am not against her feeling bitter towards Khushi but I disagree with the ''normal'' person point.A normal sister would have atleast CARED about her brother being locked up for days without food-whoever the perpetrator might be.I am supposed to feel bad for her-atleast show her to be pregnant.It is not just about knowing but ''seeing'' someone does bring sympathy.Times have changed have they?Anjali right now has the support of the WHOLE family.I know that she and Arnav are more close together but still the support of Nani,Mami,Akash Counts!She has seen Arnav coming to look for her,he takes her to her bedroom,calms her down,gifts her the red roses he got Khushi and YET all she sees is hisefforts to please his wife.Its not as if he is ignoring her-but the demand that ALL his time be dedicated to Anjali is lot I think.Plus,if living room is the wrong place so is Anjali barging into her married brother's room! Living room,taken but what if Arnav had barged into her room when she was romancing Shyam?Its not as if he is purposely trying to show her.Gah.I am sorry I wrote way too much O.O and I understand it is the writer's show after all.But I guess I have the right to criticise if I want?and I am honestly not against Arnav-Anjali bond,infact I have always seen it as the most beautiful bonds of the show.BUT what once was sweet and pure,now seems queasy.It looks as if Anjali is blackmailing Arnav and not asking for support.I agree with the flawed part thing but then this is just my twisted opinion :P

well said dear Smile
beagleboy IF-Dazzler
beagleboy
beagleboy

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

Everything you wrote is 100% true, but as my pal JW said - something is getting lost in translation.

No one has any clue what is playing in Anjali's mind.  Is she angry at Khushi, everyone else has said that Anjali holds Kh accountable, but we haven't heard that from her.  And I would be prepared to see an unstable Anjali lash out at ASR and Khushi for how cruel her life is right now.  I would be prepared for her to say shyam is not like this, you both did this to me.  Yet, being prepared to digest all this, I see Anjali saying Chotte you changed when you got married, but I am telling you this now and not 4 months ago because then I didn't care, but now I do - how can you be with your wife.  This may not be the intent of the CVs, but that is how it is coming off.
What we are being fed is an anticlimactic love story (we have waited a year for) that can't get off the ground and what is slowly but surely looking to be a saas bahu kitchen drama in between.  For what?  So that we can force the re-entry of a good for nothing villain at the cost of all the other relationships in the show.  Nice and regressive.

The reality check is in the TRPs, so let's wait and watch.

Yes, I do agree that a monologue would at least justify her temper tantrums and is crucial here.  One needs to know what she is thinking rather than assume what she may be thinking. There have been episodes when people comment on how Anjali holds Khushi responsible but I never read it that way because there is no explicit resentment. It would be good to see Anjali's thought process and perhaps it would help the audience understand her.

momma1128

pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Let me ask you a single question- are we suppose to see the story from
Anjali 's point of view nw onwards! She is living in denial and needs to
accept the harsh reality. Why Arnav-khushi shd stay away frm each other as Anjali thinks its not time for making love. Its absurd in my opinion.
Intimacy btween couple is extremely personal affair and no one shd interf
Ere in that matter. Anjali is creating a scene by nt eating. Meds etc. She is a control freak regarding her chotey. Her recent behaviour is unjustifed.she is unable to cope up with stress. Is it arnav or khushi fault! one of her interviews, daljeet said viewers shd give benefit of doubt. S
sorry i tried to, bt nt after yesterday. She is behaving pathetically and trxing to gain sympathy in d name of being bechari.

I am genuinely nt interested to see the story of arnav-khushi on d basis of
what anjali thinks.

Sorry in advance if my comments are offending you.ti

Edited by pinkeye - 21 July 2012 at 3:35pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

newmember1OmNaMaSteOm

beagleboy IF-Dazzler
beagleboy
beagleboy

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JWMRK

BB

Let me now come to the storyline...and again I have a different take on it

We all agree Anjali has been wronged...in more ways than one...by not just Shyam but by ASR and Khushi too...They dud that the moment they kept Shyam's truth away from her...I have always maintained it, they had no right to take away Anjali's own decision about her own life

Secondly, a lot of us have this reaction after two weeks of showtime after the revelation. I can speak for myself...I made posts sympathising with Anjali...after all she shared her life her personal space with that man...I still understand her plight...what I cannot understand is her one dimensional approach

Again I understand her resentment towards Khushi...which wife would not

The point as Anu (momma1128) mentioned is in the scripting or execution  or both...no one will have a problem if this is put accross well. So show us what Anjali thinks...show us her monologues...show us her outburst

One moment she is ready with a bowl of Kheer (which for an extremely superstitious and overtly religious Hindu like Anjali shoudl be associated with auspicious or happy occasions)...the next minute she sees her brother with Khushi and flipsShocked

Why...Khushi had her birthday, as a husband he arranged a private pool side party for just them...did he arrange for a party ...no...did he force Anjali to attend...no
 ...But in the same vein I agree with you that the living room romance could have been avoided...again as I said the PH cannot turn around the frankenstien they have unleashed by the lead paid chemistry focused story all along

Have no problem with his celebrating the birthday in the privacy of their room. And I just cannot understand this habit of walking into rooms without knocking! But, if you wear Anjali's sadly twisted tinted glasses, SHE is affronted because she cannot see clearly or think clearly. For, her mind is in deep fog, alone. It is not where she wishes to be, neither does she even begin to fathom how she got there. You see she had her route clearly drawn out and according to her, had one of those reliable SUVs too...but the SUV stalled, leaving her stranded, alone in a dark, foggy road.  There may be comforting voices, but she probably hears silence. There may be reassuring nods and loving glances, but she sees nothing- the fog is too thick and too deep. At most she sees empty glares. I don't think she knows HOW she will walk out of this fog, I don't she COMPREHENDS.  Perhaps the only thing she recognises is a growing resentment to the reason the SUV stalled- its like Khushi stopped the SUV and drained out the battery fluid!

Now, I can't agree more that a monologue is the need of the day- we need Anjali to reflect. But perhaps when she slowly starts to clear the fog in her mind we will have one- I hope we will.  

Moving on you say she does not have a problem with him loving Khushi she has a problem with timing...So why does Anjali not consider the following

a) After being gagge, beaten, humiliated, almost killed...ASR has returned back and is focusing on her ...his first priority was getting her to rest, getting her to a doctor, explaining things to her...Had he walked out of that dining room rama with Khushi in hand I can understand his priorities have changed...But no thats not the reality
My only defence (and frankly, I should get a black coat and sell myself as a lawyer!) for Anjali is that she is by nature an irrational woman.  Now this irrational woman knows only half the truth (now half truths are the most dangerous), is confused, and I doubt she even knows what she is thinking.  All she knows is that she is not where she wants to be and she is trying to comprehend how she got there. I don't think she is focussing beyond that. Besides, I think if she applies her brain some more she will probably faint ...not just have dizzy spells!!!

b) ASR is bothered about Anjali...is Anjali bothered about ASR...you too agree he is like a son to her...so should she, as his emotional mother not ask him how he fared for taht one month in captivity

The only explanation here is that Barun Sobti was not available for a month- they introduced a kidnap plot to nudge the story forward, now that he is back the writes have erased that bad phase of their career from their memory and from the memories of all their characters!

c) Anjali's husband has been thrown out...Khushi's husband almost lost his life...there is a huge perspective here BB...when you have been in that situation you would want to cherish get close to the person that matters...which ASR and Khushi are doing in the few moments of privacy they get...So why is the PH not highiling Khushi or ASR's post traumatic stress
 Because the PH under stress introduced the kidnap track- clearly (or it seems to me) that they want to let bygones be and do not want to walk down memory lane to the street called 'kidnap'!

d) You are right that she has a fogged vision and frankly always had...but her vision works well for Nani who is the next best person in her life after Shyam and ASR...so why is she not upset with Nani...Nani is in Khushi's home ground too

Hey, she did not catch Nani red handed with her Saut!

In summary...they can show us a well developed story...side characters developed, Anjali's resentment towards all...and we will buy it...but to make it one dimensional twain that Chottey you changed and now are not before me 24/ 7 is jarring...when was he 24/7 before her anyways...he is the same Chottey who shoved Lavanya right before their faces...did he listen to her then??

I will say it again...something is lost in translation somewhere

And two...If Anjali is so bothered about Shyam...and believes him...(because you are right in your analysis that for Anjali why shoudl she believe ASR/ Khushi)...then as a wife she has an option to leave the RM and go with her spouse...to want her brother to bring back the very man who is lusting after his wife is plain unreasonable...no matter how fogged one's vision is

JW, I also want to say that yes, I agree this is not the neatest piece of showbiz one can watch, but we are not comparing it with Fraiser or Buniyaad. In relative terms, this show is infinitely better than the utter trash around.  I compare it with the Kasturis and Kasam se's of this world. There are no scheming vamps and one dimensional characters. Most characters have a few layers to them- they are neither WHITE nor black.  (OK so you do have the doormat in Payal and the sadly not so comic Mami!). But much better than the other crap around.  They have a good story and if they take it in the right direction it will remain good.  I think what you say is lost in translation occurs when Production Houses chop and change story lines to suit the audience. That is when the story they are trying to tell becomes choppy and lacks continuity.  Perhaps, if we let them do the story telling the way they intended to, we will have a fine product.   For example the brief meeting between Khushi and Arnav during the kidnap saga- what purpose did that serve?! Now because a large majority of the audience are hopping mad - instead of taking the story ahead and giving Anjali a much needed monologue, they will give us more meaningless Rabba ve's and there we will be, stuck in quick sand. 

<HUGS>

Cheers!

Loved discussing with you after a long timeHug...

Edited by beagleboy - 21 July 2012 at 3:34pm

Go to top