Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Reality Check people!

beagleboy IF-Dazzler
beagleboy
beagleboy

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Now consider this-

Romance in this story is more BY THE WAY. The whole premise for the story rests upon 'Didi ke Saut' or however else you would like to term it.  Everything that ever happened in the story so far is a precursor to where we are at right now.  The fact that Shyam, Anjali's husband, developed an obsessive attraction to Khushi, brought her to  RM, got engaged etcetc- every minute event so far was a build up to the current situation.  THIS is the main story- Arnav torn between his DI and his wife. Anjali's reaction to her farcical marriage and her sand castles tumbling is as important to the progress of this serial as is the love story building up between the leads. So for those who blame Daljeet or Anjali, let me tell you. What you see right now is NOT a result of Daljeets fantastic negotiating skills. This was always there in the story and was always an important part of the story.  Without this track the story is incomplete.  Anjali as a character is as crucial to the story as are Arnav and Khushi or Shyam.  Even Akash and Payal and Mami are all important in their own way to push the story ahead. 

In a family drama, every character has his or her importance. Be it Akash and Payal or Anjali. They are all important pieces of the puzzle that make up the story.  Good story telling is when the story is told from the point of view of every character.  It cannot be one dimensional...the romance between the leads rests upon these little pulls and tugs from various directions.  The writers have to give as much importance to Anjali and Arnavs relationship as to Khushi and Arnavs because this was always as much the focus as near kissing and rabba ves. 

And now for Anjali's reaction in the last few episodes-
I think it is necessary for the story line for Anjali to react the way she did. Lets consider two things-Anjali and Arnav shared a DEEP bond and a very close relationship 2) For Anjali, there were two pillars on whom she depended-Arnav and Shyam. One, she lost because of Khushi and the other she THINKS she is about to loose...because of Khushi. Now let us consider this- Anjali's identity and sense of existence revolved around these two. Its like she had NO identity of her own and everything she did and said in the past centred around these two men. So given these parameters, I think if she is being irrational, I think it is excusable...because 1)she needs the support of her brother to pull through this difficult phase 2)She has not accepted that her husband is a scoundrel and is confused about right and wrong...but she finds that her brother is wrapped in his own world and is preoccupied. So, as far as she is concerned he can romance, but EVERYTHING has a time and place. And frankly, family or no family, you cannot arrange a romantic rendezvous with your wife/lover etc in the living room of your family home! She is NOT against their relationship but she is against the timing of their relationship.

Now, In her foggy vision she considers Khushi her culprit and so the timing of his romance AND the object of his romance is a bone of contention between the siblings. Yet, yesterday she only said that he is in love and thus he has changed ...she was merely stating a fact, for indeed Arnav has changed. He has made room for one more woman and that woman is none other than Khushi, who caused the upheaval in her life. Now, if you were in her place, would you have reacted differently? I think if Anjali were to act rationally at this point it would be strange and out of line. Anjali is only reacting the way a normal person (with or without flaws and Anjali is quite flawed), would react in similar circumstances. And WHY should she believe Arnav? Because he is her brother? She loved Shyam equally and look at what he has done? She trusted Arnav, but did he not hide the truth from her...infact is still hiding the truth, he has Not come clean about WHY he threw shyam out of the house ( he has SEEN Shyams reality but Anjali does not know that!)... She trusted Khushi too, but when Khushi hid the truth about her husbands reality, Khushi too broke that trust. So just as Khushi is unquestionably a victim of circumstances, Arnav and everyone else- Anjali too is a victim ...Each character is a victim, each character is a prisoner in their own private hell, each of them is flawed and each of them is reacting to the situation in just the way their character is supposed to. And each of their reactions is important to the story. 

I say, please let the writers do their work- Only a writer (who ever he is) has the right to develop his story and characters.  He should be allowed to groom it and present it the way he visualises it.  Please sit back and enjoy the story rather than taking pot shots at actors and characters.  

***Not intended to cause offence**** 

The following 93 member(s) liked the above post:

ilham27123kamalannxayeshap14frenchyfriendshrepaG0lNik28Angelicdevilvidhathriannet506ipkknd159Asha_1973enakatchocobubblearn4vkhushichatritsrulingtheworldsweety_virgo1Jordinserendipity235Ava9339KamalikaGNrp77seoulbeats-Reva-AR_ArShilexaxelzeefan 1pkpkpklovesharunWhite.Pearlritzzziijennadkitty789Achinta97Rita.CdhivyMissPunjabiawwwwwwwgnainaKavita1000pasbarunherebedragonsjpatel1289arshi1986Armu4evainnocentgreenShaily.pieperrmizzraksha712.Aisha.annieKShalini76norolimEmerald-Banaya1go2sleep83mpk2011Arielmid-night-sunnonasileanne_1983eyesonmeDalmuthuyaNa1nazainzaanjaani07S.StephyVistaastardust-ZayaHarshikamanjhareena544OmaRamdassfj08pisces25divvkKeshriyasree07LivingInPajamasjessicadmints23GodhuliLogonLyssaPie.x-bumblebee-x.-ElmoFuj-ARS24SankiPagalmomma1128_TheJoker-xAaliyapolly_mk

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
WOW...the welcomesHugHugHug

Dost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me absorb this...and then will respondBig smile

Unreserved

First off am so glad you made a post...PartyParty...

And now some thoughts

BB, you know briefly how I think of this...allow me to articulate

a) The soap

Point well taken that this is a soap and one cannot have 27 minutes of passion everyday. That is a VM not a story. However, a credible story needs a credible vision, a credible continuity and credible gumption to go ahead with it...all three of which are missing here. Because look at the scatter a mile approach in which they have dealt this...one minute its fun and games, next, drama, third fake marriage, fourth more fun and games

If Didi ki Saut was the idea, then Didi should have been the focus from day 1...Somewhere in the scheme of things whilst they set out to do this, they didnt bargain for the popularity that ASR-Khusi and Barun-Sanaya will unleash.

Now one can tell that the PH is caught in a chicken and egg situation...they want to continue with their vision...but the frankestienLOLLOL.. they developed by relying heavily on the chemistry between the leads is irreversible

So if they have to bring the focus back to the original story...or rather their idea of the original story then only credible compelling storytelling will achieve it.

The anger and frustration a large section of people are feeling is because the way this track has progressed it seems like a patch job...with no continuity again

b) Anjali has every right to resent Khushi...I myself have stated that in my posts...after all who will love/ accept a woman your husband was wanting to bed!...But again that has to be shown sensitively...not in Anjali resenting her brother cosying up to Khushi...In fact then Anjali should be happy that Khushi at least was never interested in Shyam

c) BB, I differ from a lot of people I have met on IF in one thing...I actually have always thought and still do that this is a very mediocre PH...they just have a talented couple fronting them...there is sloppy execution in every possible area  almost every other day. In fact some of their tracks are so regressive whilst claiming to be not..its not funny...

d) As for Daljeet...I have nothing against her and am choosing my words with care...BB I saw a few statements she made and an interview...More power to her that she negotiated, if that indeed is the case and in saying this I am thinking from her personal capacity. I am a hard-core competitive person at work and know how difficult it is to sustain yourself in the race for recognitionSmile

But...and this is a huge but...her admonishing viewers on professionalism and story telling seems like a baloon of hot hair given that she is not willing to increase an inch of her clothing to show a pregnant woman's countenance...so what efforts is she putting in to make her own character look credible...secondly she expects us to be mature as she is working hard...so...my part time maid works hard tooLOLLOL...thirdly and there is no other way to say this, to me, she has limited acting skills, save 3-4 scenes in the entire year...she either weeps or sulks or smiles sideways or giggles on simple situations/ dialogues that say ..coffee piyo naLOLLOL...so either the writer here is not getting an effective screenplay to us...or the actress is not able to convey it well

Something is surely lost in transalation somewhere

Will write separately on the track now in a few minutes...guess I got carried away and the post is already longBig smile

Lotsaa love

JWSmile

Edited by JWMRK - 21 July 2012 at 10:08am

The following 49 member(s) liked the above post:

BelaSethinahoulareluctantfannewmember1ipkknd159dawnedgechocobubbleArshiL0veraskamanJordinanoushka_113noor2009luvipkknd4everdramasarangersita1150banglesmz.brarMoon_lighthasheyPiscineMolitormeghavnsaddafmahmoodErika1SuniKasu4lyfeHessa85yongshinswetha_ch..sur..beagleboyArielminnie2308nonasieyesonmecrazzyhrtredwine1bhangansree07KeshriyaLivingInPajamaspisces25stardust-CDlovesbk2Infofanmomma1128OmNaMaSteOm.x-bumblebee-x.-ElmoFuj-

NotKidding IF-Sizzlerz
NotKidding
NotKidding

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged

personally i dont have any problem whatever anjali think about khushi...

as long as she doesnot try to separate arshi all is fine wid me:)...for now am full on enjoying ASR the lover boy:)...passionate lovestory is what i always wanted and last week we had fab arhi scenesClap so i dont mind anjali n HP small interruptionLOL...my point is anjali's dialogue "tumhe pyaar ho gaya hai chhotteAngry...sab kuch badal gaya"...i mean love is only meant for her n shyam...or what??? any normal person even if affected by Bro's marital life wont blurt it out in front of him...Confused

Edited by arnavluv - 21 July 2012 at 9:44am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

askamanarshidreamzbanglesmissnida222sammi5Kasu4lyfePiscineMolitornonasieyesonmebeagleboysbk2

LivingInPajamas IF-Rockerz
LivingInPajamas
LivingInPajamas

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:45am | IP Logged
That was very well put!It made me see Anjali in another light-but I am still not sure that I like the way she is reacting.To start off,you said this was always a part of the story.I understand and have always know that Anjali is one of the main characters but then why was it ''A story between two star crossed lovers''?Why wasn't it first advertised as ''A man torn between his sister and wife''Infact Gul had herself said this WAS to be named Didi ki saut.Now from the angle I see if they had said this was Didi ki saut I wouldnt have started with the show.But what they did was start off with ipkknd and later say this is DKS or whatever and was in the first place.I feel cheated ,not because Daljeet's space time or anything but rather the way they have chosen to portray her breakdown.I am not against her feeling bitter towards Khushi but I disagree with the ''normal'' person point.A normal sister would have atleast CARED about her brother being locked up for days without food-whoever the perpetrator might be.I am supposed to feel bad for her-atleast show her to be pregnant.It is not just about knowing but ''seeing'' someone does bring sympathy.Times have changed have they?Anjali right now has the support of the WHOLE family.I know that she and Arnav are more close together but still the support of Nani,Mami,Akash Counts!She has seen Arnav coming to look for her,he takes her to her bedroom,calms her down,gifts her the red roses he got Khushi and YET all she sees is hisefforts to please his wife.Its not as if he is ignoring her-but the demand that ALL his time be dedicated to Anjali is lot I think.Plus,if living room is the wrong place so is Anjali barging into her married brother's room! Living room,taken but what if Arnav had barged into her room when she was romancing Shyam?Its not as if he is purposely trying to show her.Gah.I am sorry I wrote way too much O.O and I understand it is the writer's show after all.But I guess I have the right to criticise if I want?and I am honestly not against Arnav-Anjali bond,infact I have always seen it as the most beautiful bonds of the show.BUT what once was sweet and pure,now seems queasy.It looks as if Anjali is blackmailing Arnav and not asking for support.I agree with the flawed part thing but then this is just my twisted opinion :P

Edited by Risha_ipkknd - 21 July 2012 at 9:51am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

newmember1ipkknd159askamanMoon_lightFuzzbucketmeghavnsaddafmahmoodPiscineMolitorKasu4lyfespsharmilaSuninonasiLuvBarunSanaya..sur..arnshiswetha_chbeagleboy-ElmoFuj-OmNaMaSteOmxAaliya

innocentgreen Goldie
innocentgreen
innocentgreen

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Really good post. Since they have got news about daljeet quitting & negotiating with PH( supposedly),  for amendment in her script , some fans have gone berserk.I don't if they have really seen ipkknd from beginning or they haven't yet understood the concept of the story.They just bashed.now the true story is revealing.A man torn between the love of her motherly figure & the love of his life. The only person to suffer the most here will be Arnav.Coz anjali will have arnav support ,khushi will have her family support when all the chaos will reveal but arnav will be left with nobody support & that what we got as a glimpse after the hug scene.  

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sweety_virgo1AR_ArShiMissPunjabibeagleboympk2011nonasi

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
You know what a conspiracy theory is? Something like you know the first and last events and the rest are filled up by unlimited number of theories to make each theory sound possible.

That's what happened to IPKKND uff Didi Ki Saut. It has always been what it has been and suddenly there are these Daljeet quits rumours and we start spinning theories.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AR_ArShinonasibeagleboypalak32Keshriya

Mitz Newbie
Mitz
Mitz

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Beagleboy is Akshay Dogra.  Enough said.

Moon_lightsaddafmahmoodPiscineMolitornonasibeagleboy.DontKnow.

beagleboy IF-Dazzler
beagleboy
beagleboy

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Risha_ipkknd

That was very well put!It made me see Anjali in another light-but I am still not sure that I like the way she is reacting.To start off,you said this was always a part of the story.I understand and have always know that Anjali is one of the main characters but then why was it ''A story between two star crossed lovers''?Why wasn't it first advertised as ''A man torn between his sister and wife''Infact Gul had herself said this WAS to be named Didi ki saut.Now from the angle I see if they had said this was Didi ki saut I wouldnt have started with the show.But what they did was start off with ipkknd and later say this is DKS or whatever and was in the first place.I feel cheated ,not because Daljeet's space time or anything but rather the way they have chosen to portray her breakdown.I am not against her feeling bitter towards Khushi but I disagree with the ''normal'' person point.A normal sister would have atleast CARED about her brother being locked up for days without food-whoever the perpetrator might be.I am supposed to feel bad for her-atleast show her to be pregnant.It is not just about knowing but ''seeing'' someone does bring sympathy.Times have changed have they?Anjali right now has the support of the WHOLE family.I know that she and Arnav are more close together but still the support of Nani,Mami,Akash Counts!She has seen Arnav coming to look for her,he takes her to her bedroom,calms her down,gifts her the red roses he got Khushi and YET all she sees is hisefforts to please his wife.Its not as if he is ignoring her-but the demand that ALL his time be dedicated to Anjali is lot I think.Plus,if living room is the wrong place so is Anjali barging into her married brother's room! Living room,taken but what if Arnav had barged into her room when she was romancing Shyam?Its not as if he is purposely trying to show her.Gah.I am sorry I wrote way too much O.O and I understand it is the writer's show after all.But I guess I have the right to criticise if I want?

Anjali ignoring the fact that Arnav was kidnapped, infact every other character overlooking that fact- I put down to poor story telling and a loop hole in the story that the writers have to address.   

Anjali is a deeply flawed person. Her past has affected her more than it has Arnav.  While she had attachments to the other members in her family, it is HER BROTHER she has been most attached to- emotionally.  So even though the entire family is seen pussy footing around her and mollycoddling her with love, she finds peace only with two men- her brother and her husband. Given her husband is the cause of friction in her life, she turns to Arnav.  Sometimes you can have the whole world in your side but it wouldn't matter if the one person you find peace with is not there. And yes, she is being irrational...but her character is meant to be a little irrational- all the poojas and fasts and her previous manipulations all show that she is an obsessive, irrational human being.  Earlier it was to Khushis benefit, now the tables have turned. 

Like I said, I don't think she minds the romance- but her problem is with the timing of his romance. I would be upset if my brother romanced his wife a few days after a great upheaval to my life. It reeks of insensitivity.  Lets say Shyam is 'dead'! you would not expect your brother to romance his wife the next day would you? And let us also be clear that Anjali does not have a clear vision yet- she does not know of Arnav mistreating Khushi after marriage, hell, she does not even know that Khushi married Arnav under duress.  She does not know that Khushi suffered too.  Khushi as far she is concerned is still the cause of the upheaval in her life.  People have still kept Anjali in the dark.

And so,  she is clearly seeing this through frosted lens. When her vision clears you can expect her to react rationally. Until then she will be irrational in her demands.  

Asha_1973chocobubbleherebedragonsserendipity235Arielnonasi

Go to top