India-Forums

Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka
Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

trps

ashuS Senior Member
ashuS
ashuS

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Guys can anyone tell me on what basis trp's are based?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

arabicaAnkitaKaran

d.padmini IF-Dazzler
d.padmini
d.padmini

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged
even i want to know .. how are the TRPs calculated.. the info i git from search engine was not convincing 

arabicaAnkitaKaran

rainbowgirl IF-Rockerz
rainbowgirl
rainbowgirl

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
TRPs are calculated on the basis of a sample size taken geographically with in India. A log machine kind of device is attached to cable providers bandwidth. so when ppl who get connection from that provider switch on their TV, what channel they choose & what time is recorded. this is mostly done for the 1st time tele-cast time slots. whichever show is watched most is logged in the providers device & is collated with other areas to calculate TRPs.

for ex in 100houses 75 ppl tune into to colors at 9.30pm & are on that channel till the end of the show then parichay will gain maximum number of TRPs that week. hope i was able to make u understand Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

naz1312arabicaAnkitaKaran

chitsss IF-Dazzler
chitsss
chitsss

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rainbowgirl

TRPs are calculated on the basis of a sample size taken geographically with in India. A log machine kind of device is attached to cable providers bandwidth. so when ppl who get connection from that provider switch on their TV, what channel they choose & what time is recorded. this is mostly done for the 1st time tele-cast time slots. whichever show is watched most is logged in the providers device & is collated with other areas to calculate TRPs.

for ex in 100houses 75 ppl tune into to colors at 9.30pm & are on that channel till the end of the show then parichay will gain maximum number of TRPs that week. hope i was able to make u understand Confused

Never never again!!!Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

arabicad.padminirainbowgirl

d.padmini IF-Dazzler
d.padmini
d.padmini

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
I agree
rainbowgirl IF-Rockerz
rainbowgirl
rainbowgirl

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chitsss

Originally posted by rainbowgirl

Never never again!!!Angry

I was just giving an example Chitra Ouch...i want the TRPs to tank to the pits this week & all the weeks coming up so that they can take it off air Angry...But BT ppl are backing up on all the aunties who like their daily dose of melodrama Ouch

arabicad.padmini

Mages IF-Addictz
Mages
Mages

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
but yaar why is trps needed...bcz olden days shows they don't have even trps...n those was golden days how logical each show was...now anything is based on trps n bcz of it ratings...they ruin a show...
ashuS Senior Member
ashuS
ashuS

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Rather than torturing us with this silly stuffs why cant they end the show?This would be much better.Cry

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top