India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Depth (My first topic!)

deys86 Groupbie
deys86
deys86

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
In no way, shape, or form am I bashing our beloved IPKKND. I hate all the bashing posts and cringe when I see them because everything the CV's do is a mistake in most people's eyes and there's no winning. But now my patience is wearing thin as well.
I feel like this show had so much potential. I agree with the fact that they are on a tight schedule and we do not understand the mechanics of an everyday serial. But I think this is where they are wrong. WE are the only reason why these shows take place. If no one watches them, what is the point of all the production? Why not take what viewers want into consideration?
The CVs seem to be taking the easy way out with the telling of this could-have-been intense story. They don't want to think and add dimension and depth – rather they just take the old fashioned route of every serial that has aired thus far.
For instance, if you want this serial to air for a long time – add some surprises. When people first mentioned on the forum that it could have been Akash that was the kidnapper rather than Shaym (the most predictable choice) – that would have been the perfect twist. Why not try the angle of Akash being tired of always listening to ASR and deciding to take things into his own hands. We could have gone with the track of Arnav feeling such a heavy sense of betrayal from family – only strengthening his views on how people are never to be trusted and further pushing his character into the dark side.
Okay, fine, if that was too much – let's get to the much debated Anjali topic. I understand her pain, I do. It's a shock to find someone you love has betrayed you in the truest sense. But is it really a shock? I'm sorry but we are not DUMB. If your husband acts shady all your life and is never there – you have to sit down and think. Does she not care that her brother was going to get KILLED by her husband? Where is her concern for the one person she should put above all others? She didn't even flinch to see her brother haven been gone for a month and beaten up daily. Rather – she is mad at him. Why not take some of the forum writer's ideas here and make it so Anjali came out of this stronger? Okay – give a few episodes for her to be upset at the situation but show that she doesn't blame her brother and sister in law because they in fact were not to blame. Show her meeting someone else – coming out smarter and happier on the other side. That story alone will provide many episodes if developed carefully.
Finally, where is Arnav's apology to Khushi? Has he gone mad? There is no comedy, no romance, nothing until you set right your sins. There doesn't have to be a redemption track, separation track, railroad track for all I care. How about one episode that's just a conversation between them with Arnav outlining that he was sorry for ruining what was supposed to be the happiest moments of her life? Can't he at least acknowledge that?
I seriously love this show and all that has been done with it thus far. But mostly only because of the actors that play these characters and how they brought them to light. The CVs need to work hard for the story aspect – if not hire some of these brilliant writers on this forum. I want the intense, clean, and intuitive story back which entwines you in the complexities of relationships and how they shape our destiny.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

kashevhbkumarPaarijatabby2181Sham33rahVkjThomsunbewakoofLadkiLivingInPajamasARS24

TojoursPur IF-Dazzler
TojoursPur
TojoursPur

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged
  ur first topic? welcome to the forum :-)
deys86 Groupbie
deys86
deys86

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by medhasarkar

ur first topic? welcome to the forum :-)

Thanks! I've always read the topics but never wrote one :)
VkjThomsun Goldie
VkjThomsun
VkjThomsun

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 7:48am | IP Logged
hi,

Edited by ROYALTHOMSON - 21 July 2012 at 7:48am
bewakoofLadki IF-Rockerz
bewakoofLadki
bewakoofLadki

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:00am | IP Logged
aap mahaan ho.itney tym se kaha the?lol.wel written. .i only wish sum 1 4 d prdctn house c ol ths.
LivingInPajamas IF-Rockerz
LivingInPajamas
LivingInPajamas

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Congrats on your first post and woah!Worth it it definitely was.I am glad you decided to break your ''maun-vrat'' :D Now talking about everything you wrote-the story!Uff!There could have been so much and I agree about the Akash thing.I mean he is rude now isn't he?If he had to be a shade darker then why not that ways?It would have been so intriguing not to mention way more interesting.Anjali-I have given up any hope on her.True that-everyone has forgotten the kidnapping track as if Chote had never gone!!And the Arnav and Khushi not having a convo-let us say that the CVs think we will be dying over the forced cake in mouth track[literally and figuratively] But then they say-you cant have the cake and eat it too =/ Last line-ah!How I wish we had gone ''On the path not trodden by'' to quote Robert Frost.

Edited by Risha_ipkknd - 21 July 2012 at 8:18am
deys86 Groupbie
deys86
deys86

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ROYALTHOMSON

hi,

</div>

<div>

Aww thank you so much! Smile
deys86 Groupbie
deys86
deys86

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by massu91

aap mahaan ho.itney tym se kaha the?lol.wel written. .i only wish sum 1 4 d prdctn house c ol ths.

Hahah! Thank you yaar, I was right here, just observing Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bewakoofLadki

Go to top