India-Forums

Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

BEST SHOW IN TELEVISON IN RETURNING!!!

ThE_kHan07 IF-Rockerz
ThE_kHan07
ThE_kHan07

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged

I LOVE THIS SHOW AND I HOPE THIS WILL GET MY MID OFF FROM YE MERI LIFE HAI!!

Hum Paanch returns in June
   By: Upala KBR
   May 2, 2005

TUG-OF-WAR: A still from Hum Paanch. (From left ) Vandana Pathak (holding a portrait of Priya Tendulkar), Amita Nangia, Ashok Saraf, Rakhee Tandon, Bhairavi Raichura and Shoma Anand
Ekta Kapoor's popular comedy show, Hum Paanch will be back on Zee from June.

The serial, initially directed by Kapil Kapoor and later Rajat Rawail, will now have a new, yet-to-be-finalised director.

Says Kapoor, "Hum Paanch was very popular and people had been asking us to bring it back for a long time." The serial was Kapoor's second foray into TV, and she is understandably nostalgic.

"This is the first and last Balaji serial that didn't begin with the letter K." So will the serial retain its name? "Yes," says Kapoor. "We are signing on a new director but 90 per cent of the cast remains the same."

Ashok Saraf and Shoma Anand will play the Mathurs (Anand and Beena). Their daughters will be played by Rakhee Tandon (Sweety), Vandana Pathak, and Bhairavi Raichura (Kajal bhai). Amita Nangia, who played the fourth daughter, Behri, will be replaced by a new actress.

The casting for Anand Mathur's first wife (Priya Tendulkar, represented in the show by a portrait) is being changed as Tendulkar is no more. "Sudha Chandran will be enacting Priya's character," informs Kapoor.

The youngest Mathur, Chhoti, was played by producer Umesh Mehra's daughter Priyanka. 

"We are trying to get her back; she has become a journalist today," says the Balaji head. A Balaji source reveals that Raichura and Pathak have almost been finalised, but "are asking for too much money. Once that matter gets sorted out, they are on."  

Hum Paanch aired on Zee TV between 1995 and 2000. It will return after a gap of five years.

Adds Kapoor, "In keeping with the times, we have moved the story five years forward. The serial had ended with the Mathur family moving to USA.

The story takes off from what happens to the Mathur family five years later. The first episode will have them coming back from the US to host a Page 3 party.

One of the future episodes will have the casting couch in it. We have weaved contemporary issues into the plot and yet it is as funny as it used to be."

Says Shoma Anand, who plays Beena Mathur, "It's very exciting — I am going back to my first family again after five years." Hum Paanch was Anand's first TV role. She also acts in Bhabhi and Shararat (both Star Plus).

Balaji's lucky mascot

Hum Paanch revolves around the crazy capers of the Mathur family — Anand Mathur, his wife Beena and their five daughters.

After Balaji began operations with Mano Ya Na Mano (Zee), the second serial the company produced was Hum Paanch, also on Zee.

To start off their production house, Ekta Kapoor and mom Shobha made six pilots with three episodes each — all were rejected.

Jeetendra told them not to lose heart and offered money to try again.
The team clicked with Hum Paanch, Balaji's first ever success before their saas-bahu staple took over.

Kant Wait till June! No Skool,Exams,Homeworks...Jsut: HUM PAANCH Big smileClapClap

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
OMG, can't wait. It used to be my fav. show. Sweety was my favorite character.
Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:46pm | IP Logged

THAT WAS EKTA KAPOOR'S SHOW!!!

SHE CAN WRITE COMEDY TOO!!!

I AM IN SHOCK!!

THAT MEANS THATS THE FIRST SHOW I LOVED BY EKTA KAPOOR!!!

fingirl Senior Member
fingirl
fingirl

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
lol Ms. Bholi Bhali..i didn't know that either until much later..all the same I LOVED that show and can't wait for it to be back again
bhangra rulez Goldie
bhangra rulez
bhangra rulez

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
omg i can't belive it! i loved this show! i can't wait to watch it! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!Wink
desi gurl IF-Dazzler
desi gurl
desi gurl

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
wow. i used to love that show. im glad its coming back.
anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
I loved that show. But won't the eldest daughter Vandana Pathak (who plays Pooja's mom in YMLH) look old now? I also heard that Ekta Kapoor has objections for restaring this show without her permission.

Thanks for the news.

Edited by bluepink - 02 May 2005 at 3:24pm
|iami5o4| Goldie
|iami5o4|
|iami5o4|

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
hmmm... I've never seen it before but I will. Cool Must be good considering all the praise its getting. Star

Go to top