Who will be the new Ram & Sita?:TOI

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Who-will-be-the-new-Ram-Sita/articleshow/15074058.cms

AVINA in probables

In a move that hopes to bring back the good old days when the entire family used to lounge together in the living room, hooked on to television, India's most widely viewed mythological series, Ramayan is all set to come back and enthrall the audiences in its yet new avatar.

Sukesh Motwani, head of fiction programming said, "Ramayan is a way of life that our future generations must carry on as their biggest legacy and as a story, it is timeless and will never lose its relevance. It is rich in the core values, ideals and principles that form the crux of Indian culture and upbringing. So, in bringing Ramayan back, we have a twin objective. First is to foster the concept of the whole family, right from grandma and grandpa to the baby in the house, engaging in a joint TV viewing experience. And our other equally important agenda is to reach out to an entire generation of youngsters who have unfortunately not had the privilege of growing up watching Ramayan like the rest of us have."

Ramayan will be an absolute recreation of the original classic. Based on Valmiki's ancient religious epic of the same name, it will thrive on authenticity of representation. Confident of recreating the aura and the nostalgia of the original classic, Motwani said, "We have roped in the only team in India truly equipped for the task and if anyone can make the magic of Ramayan come alive, it is the Sagars. Ramanand ji (Sagar) did it brilliantly once and Moti Ji & Minakshi, who have inherited Ramayan as a part of their core DNA, are all set to recreate the classic."

While the casting has not been frozen, prominent actors are being considered for the roles of Ram and Sita. While actors Aditya Redij, Avinash Sachdev and Amir Dalvi have been approached to play Ram, Sanjeeda Sheikh, Suhasi Dhami and Rubina Dilaik have been auditioned for the role of Sita. It remains to be seen which of them will make history on Indian television as Ram and Sita!

Edited by chalhov - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

august123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
all the best for Avi n Rubi
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Lets hope avina gets selected,Ramayana woud b great if pictured on screen, tfs chalhov
chocolate_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ramayan will be in which channel? I hope anyone except Zee. I hope Avina gets the role.
viprakshi thumbnail
I wish Avina will be finalized for the role of Ram and Sita!
Mona55 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
thanks pls pls let avina get the part but have a feeling avina is not getting the part as for some reason zee dont care for------------per their tx of cb---anyway hope avina get it at least avi should get it as rubi already has a role in another show
ushasri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
avina r perfect to play ram and sita and thanks for sharing chalhov
maya-kk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wish avina get it

all the best to them
v3gradev09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Oh wow great news !!!!!!!! Avina  will be great in Ram and Sita. Everyone please let us pray ! :) All the best for them !! Wishing Avina good luck and would love to watch this show ! 
chocolate_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Zee TV will do nothing with Ramayan. It has no creativity. Even Life OK mytho shows are more better equipped than Zee mytho shows. They know only one motto - "Do a Maha milan episode with the top shows" I hope they cant bring it with Ramayan.

This is a golden chance for Zee to recreate the magic by roping in AVINA as Ram and Sita. Their many sins will be washed away, I hope.

Sorry If I hurt anyone.