Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

India-Forums

Correlation currnt TRPs with need for Twist (Page 2)

poojabi Senior Member
poojabi
poojabi

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shamil

I would prefer a short term existence of a subtle sweet story any day to a dragfest OTT drama which can go for ever 

they care a damn what we want,i have understood that they will show only those thing which they think can improve trp,we dont give them trp or commercial success so they dont care for us,no matter how much we criticize,shout,write hate massages.like you youself said shamil that "gaali se dar nehi lagta,trp se lagta hai"LOL.i just now pray ki jitna crap dikhana hai ek bari me dikhalo,trp badhao,till  then i will take a break,and then hum pe thodi meherbani karo.

Edited by poojabi - 21 July 2012 at 4:28am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

crazy87Kunalrocksfatim30SilentsoulbsingapuryadoremevirgoshamilSunna_Deewani

memad IF-Sizzlerz
memad
memad

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged
sad but true...trp rules.
S.Stephy IF-Rockerz
S.Stephy
S.Stephy

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged

Its unfortunate to know that such illogical twists were required to increase the TRPs of the show. I guess this kind of proves that if the PH and channel want to make profit in their business, they have to continue making shows with melodrama and illogical twists... And simple, less-melodramatic stories like how NBT once was, do not have any market and cannot bring them any profits...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kunalrocks

adoremevirgo IF-Sizzlerz
adoremevirgo
adoremevirgo

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zandu37

If one were to analyze it mathematically, there is a very strong correlation between the current TRP level and the future story line. And remember a broad thumb rule indicates that if a serial is above the Safety TRP level of 3.0 it has already made a big impact and it just cannot be taken off air but would grow into a 500 or even a 1000 episode mega show. So serials like BV and DB are safe and established and do not need to resort to crazy twists or convoluted plots. They can afford to show full episodes of the lead couple doing mundane slice of life things like repairing the roof of a cow shed or traveling to Singapore to participate in a contest. It are the lower TRP shows who need to reach the safety zone who have to resort to crazy twists and fast moving plots to garner TRPs, a phase that NBT is currently going through. Thirdly and unfortunately it has been proved beyond doubt that with Indian audiences the best way to gain TRP is to introduce heart wrenching, unheard of and unrealistic twists especially those which at a first glance defy resolution. A case in point is SSK when TRPs jumped from 1.5 to 3 when the two lead pairs got married to the wrong persons and then both got divorced and remarried at the speed of light. Bizzare but it worked from the TRP point of view.

So as per this theory and the proven mathematical correlation, brace yourself more more bizzare twists and turns - its the price we need to pay to secure the long term existence of our favourite show. The saving grace is that we will get to see magical MM moments along the way - not because we love these and CVs loves us but because it works for CVs from the TRP point of view!!

TRP is the first and primary requirement - storyline and logic comes later

i agree with u completely zandu...the TRP is the ultimate goal of all shows...and lets face it...this is business not some charity...so earning revenue is the main priority...we hv to accept the fact that after a shows completes 100 epis...the story and logic will take a backseat...from then on unwanted twists will be inserted for TRP...

but i expect just one thing that the CVs must focus on the main story and character sketches...for example i mean they must not forget that this is mohan-megha's story and it is they who r to get married in the end...so watever illogical twists they bring...they shud be untangled to achieve this goal...

btw...wat is SSK...

Kunalrocks

Lekz IF-Rockerz
Lekz
Lekz

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Well said, sums up all abt indian telly shows and TRPs.

However I don't think the expectation is 3 + odd...anything above 2 should suffice to sail through I guess...looking at the charts anything above 2 falls in  the top 10 or 15 shows...
My only grievance is Y such unwarranted and regressive tracks...where are all the creative instincts lost...
Moreover every show falls in to a specific genre and is criminal to assume whats works for one will work for the other too...
If u look at the TRP story of NBT they were able to achieve a rating of 2 + only with the initial episodes, holi track, amar vyas innocence and the last 2 weeks...Mohan proposing Megha rejecting and the Manav engagement...They could as well have maintained something lighter on these lines...
Sadly they have ruined the show beyond hope...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KunalrocksSilentsoulmanesha76

manesha76 IF-Stunnerz
manesha76
manesha76

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lekz

Well said, sums up all abt indian telly shows and TRPs.

However I don't think the expectation is 3 + odd...anything above 2 should suffice to sail through I guess...looking at the charts anything above 2 falls in  the top 10 or 15 shows...
My only grievance is Y such unwarranted and regressive tracks...where are all the creative instincts lost...
Moreover every show falls in to a specific genre and is criminal to assume whats works for one will work for the other too...
If u look at the TRP story of NBT they were able to achieve a rating of 2 + only with the initial episodes, holi track, amar vyas innocence and the last 2 weeks...Mohan proposing Megha rejecting and the Manav engagement...They could as well have maintained something lighter on these lines...
Sadly they have ruined the show beyond hope...

@ Green , I agree . The PH just needed to stretch some Office moments & Amar Vyas case . TRP could have followed . 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KunalrocksLekz

..geeth.. IF-Sizzlerz
..geeth..
..geeth..

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Ohh the sad truth.. the TRP system sucks. But for gaining TRP the PH had to resort to a bigamy track. Yack.. Wel pity on them then. NBT got acclaim for its beautiful script n portrayal. Sad that they have to compromise on der storyline. Instead of this bigamy track they shld have resorted to many other options. Watz selling on DABH.. Dat concept. A husband trying to fulfilling his wife's dreams. Wel every women want dat. So can relate to it easily n hence with bad actors still manages high trps. For NBT PH all i can say ' kill not the goose that lays the golden eggs'..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KunalrocksLekz

crushed2012 Groupbie
crushed2012
crushed2012

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misty85

Exactly... that's why I'm bearing this rondhi track... I hope they gets some TRPs & this rondhi spare our lives. 

U said it my dear(for the highlighted phrase)... Pardon my irritation ... but  i just hope this Rondi drama/ saaga gets over quickly and i feel like ... just close the scean wiht some accident and let her just go away from the face of the story line... sorrry I am sooo rude... i actually stopped watching NBT because of this Rondi ... i read the daily updates , if the forum give me a positive feeling then i watch the epi Cry ...

Kunalrocks

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index