Correlation currnt TRPs with need for Twist

zandu37 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
If one were to analyze it mathematically, there is a very strong correlation between the current TRP level and the future story line. And remember a broad thumb rule indicates that if a serial is above the Safety TRP level of 3.0 it has already made a big impact and it just cannot be taken off air but would grow into a 500 or even a 1000 episode mega show. So serials like BV and DB are safe and established and do not need to resort to crazy twists or convoluted plots. They can afford to show full episodes of the lead couple doing mundane slice of life things like repairing the roof of a cow shed or traveling to Singapore to participate in a contest. It are the lower TRP shows who need to reach the safety zone who have to resort to crazy twists and fast moving plots to garner TRPs, a phase that NBT is currently going through. Thirdly and unfortunately it has been proved beyond doubt that with Indian audiences the best way to gain TRP is to introduce heart wrenching, unheard of and unrealistic twists especially those which at a first glance defy resolution. A case in point is SSK when TRPs jumped from 1.5 to 3 when the two lead pairs got married to the wrong persons and then both got divorced and remarried at the speed of light. Bizzare but it worked from the TRP point of view.

So as per this theory and the proven mathematical correlation, brace yourself more more bizzare twists and turns - its the price we need to pay to secure the long term existence of our favourite show. The saving grace is that we will get to see magical MM moments along the way - not because we love these and CVs loves us but because it works for CVs from the TRP point of view!!

TRP is the first and primary requirement - storyline and logic comes later

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fatim30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
totally agree with each and every word of yours 👍🏼,till then we dont get that DAMN TRP , i think we will bear these twists and turns 🤢 

i am really really surprised at viewers choice , what sadistic pleasure they got from these kind of torture? 👎🏼
Edited by fatim30 - 11 years ago
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@ zandu :

Thirdly and unfortunately it has been proved beyond doubt that with Indian audiences the best way to gain TRP is to introduce heart wrenching, unheard of and unrealistic twists especially those which at a first glance defy resolution. A case in point is SSK when TRPs jumped from 1.5 to 3 when the two lead pairs got married to the wrong persons and then both got divorced and remarried at the speed of light. Bizzare but it worked from the TRP point of view.

issi baat ka toh afsosh hai yaar !!😭😭
misty85 thumbnail
Exactly... that's why I'm bearing this rondhi track... I hope they gets some TRPs & this rondhi spare our lives. 
1973anu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
But I don't think we need to see this same but DIFFERENT twist in every serial. It is better for a serial like NBT to end on a happy note rather than torture us like this.
poojabi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
so can we expect that after getting a good trp they will go back to their old self and stabilize the show?
i can wait for that.i have accepted that whatever they are showing is not for us but for trp.kuch bhi dikha rahe hain.
the biggest example is the raddi-mom chaku churi scene,there's no seriousness in that scene,i found it comical,i was laughing like mad,i think they did it intentionally so that different poeple can get different fun out of it,trp audience toh bhai love those kind of scenes with" dhim tana na" horror film bgs.and they have choosen such bad actors and unpopular faces,its clearly shows even they are not interested and doing all this for the sake of trp.
SwastikAshNi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
To an extent True lekin Marriage dikhaneki itni jaldi kiyun thi,engagement type dikhake bhi to experiment kar sakte they,OK i wil b waiting fr next two weeks TRP..
shamil thumbnail
I would prefer a short term existence of a subtle sweet story any day to a dragfest OTT drama which can go for ever 
poojabi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shamil

I would prefer a short term existence of a subtle sweet story any day to a dragfest OTT drama which can go for ever 

they care a damn what we want,i have understood that they will show only those thing which they think can improve trp,we dont give them trp or commercial success so they dont care for us,no matter how much we criticize,shout,write hate massages.like you youself said shamil that "gaali se dar nehi lagta,trp se lagta hai"😆.i just now pray ki jitna crap dikhana hai ek bari me dikhalo,trp badhao,till  then i will take a break,and then hum pe thodi meherbani karo.
Edited by poojabi - 11 years ago
Rafangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
sad but true...trp rules.