Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

sumesh

IF-Stunnerz

sumesh

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Great tunes from KANK

source : http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/jun/16kank.htm

Rani Mukerji and SRK in KANKKaran Johar, with his penchant for big and bigger, has managed another cast evoking enthusiasm among filmgoers. Grandly set in the striking metropolis of New York City, Kabhi Alvida Ne Kehna promises to be worth the price of admission. upposedly inspired by Mike Nichols' Closer, it features Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukerji and Preity Zinta, and is set for an August 11 release.

Now for the music. It comes from the trio of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, who previously helmed the popular score for Johar's Kal Ho Naa Ho.

With everything about this film creating so much excitement and anticipation, you are almost nervous to push the play button. What if it turns out to be a huge disappointment?

Fortunately, this fear is short-lived. The music is delightful.

The tender play of flute and piano lends a gentle touch to tracks that are poignant in nature. The music directors go all out on the dance numbers with a spicy chorus and rhythmic percussions.

The album opens with the title track -- melodramatic, melancholic, opulent and everything else a Karan Johar film stands for, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is touching.

Uplifting and lively, the dazzling vibes of Mitwa belong to the genre of Euphoria's Mairi and Junoon's Sayonee. The synthesis of Fuzon vocalist Shafqat Amanat Ali, Shankar Mahadevan and Caralisa's voices with Javed Akhtar's compelling lyrics results in wonderful, rousing music. The remixed or revisited version (as the album states) by Sel and Indrajit Sharma with its escalated tempo and feverish temper is zippy. Very zippy.

Still more adrenalin is pumped via techno track Where's The Party Tonight. Its funky and infectious beats ensure this one's going to enjoy a lot of airplay at radio stations, nightclubs and iPods. Comparisons to It's the Time to Disco are inevitable, although the track is structured differently.

Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik's silvery rendition blends seamlessly with the dreamy poetry and comforting tunes of Tumhi dekho naa. The true beauty of this romantic duet lies in its unadorned appeal.

Jilted lovers voice their grievances through the medium of bhangra rock. Rock 'n' roll Soniye is fabulously spirited and flamboyantly composed, but catchy just the same. In Farewell Trance, DJ Shane combines the KANK theme with breezy electronic arrangement to create some soulful impact. Neat stuff.

Creative, emotional and vivacious -- the Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna album is a treat for the melody-starved.

Rediff Rating:

****Edited By Viewbie: Download links should not be posted as promoting music piracy is not allowed on IF! It is advised that you read the rules of the forum before posting here****

Pls share ur views abt this film & music here !!!

Edited by heart girl - 22 June 2006 at 7:58am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*%*%*% KANK Fever %*%*%*" in Music Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sumesh

IF-Stunnerz

sumesh

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Sony BMG MD - 7 Lac Audio Units Of K.A.N.K. For Overseas !

According to Shridhar Subramaniam , Managing Director, Sony BMG India , " 7 lac units of the 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' audio have been dispatced to the Overseas market , as per the first target ." He said this to India's leading news channel NDTV .

As may be recalled , the audio launch of Karan Johar's magnum opus starring Amitabh Bachchan , Shah Rukh Khan , Abhishek Bachchan , Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji was held in London on 12th June , 4 days before it hit the stores in India India . The second audio launch was held at the seventh I.I.F.A in Dubai , last Friday .

Sridhar also revealed the 30 lac sales figure of the 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' audio over the years . Well , we already knew that Sridhar , but thanks for confirming it for the sake of doubting peeps !

Source: http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayArticle.php?id=0618060 80308

Edited by sumesh - 18 June 2006 at 2:47pm

sonalkhullar

IF-Rockerz

sonalkhullar

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
the music is okie okie.. Smile

sumesh

IF-Stunnerz

sumesh

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
SRK's sensitive side in KANK

SRKAfter making inroads in Britain and the US, Indian films are now becoming popular in France, Germany and Poland, Shah Rukh Khan claims.

The Bollywood hearthrob, who was in London for the music release of his new film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, told newsmen that the film is scheduled to release on August 11. It will have French sub-titles.

Directed by Karan Johar, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna is a story of two relationships of marriage, disappointment and ultimately betrayal.

Khan says the theme of the film  -- extra-marital relations -- shows 'a sign of maturity of the director'. Till now Khan has only featured in more old-fashioned love stories like Dil To Paagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Veer-Zaara.

"It is a great story, with great music," he says.

Asked whether Bollywood directors produced films with NRIs in mind, Johar says, "We are an emotional lot of people and we produce films for Indians, whether in India or abroad."

Set in New York, the story revolves around the relationship between Dev (Khan) and Maya (Rani Mukherji). They are both married to different people. Dev is married to Priya (Preity Zinta) and Maya is married to Rishi (Abhishek Bachchan). However, when Dev and Maya meet, the shortfalls of their respective marriages become more apparent as they realise that they are perfect for each other. The film also stars Amitabh Bachchan.

Asked whether he planned to work in Hollywood films, Khan says, "I have not been offered any Hollywood roles. I feel proud of those Indian actors and actresses who have been offered Hollywood roles."

On the song and dance routine in the film, he says, "I love the fact that Karan and (choreographer) Farah Khan always stretch my dancing skills, and create scenes that are so vibrant and colourful in all the films we have done together.

"The mood of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna is very different -- it's very sensitive in some scenes and very exuberant in others. The soundtrack and the dances will take you on a parallel roller coaster to that of the film and the characters."

Johar says, "Many people view the music and dance in Bollywood films as purely incidental. I believe that the music is integral to a film, and for me, it is developed very closely within the structure of the film."

Source : http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/jun/13srk.htm

sumesh

IF-Stunnerz

sumesh

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
When Abhishek yelled at Rani

Shah Rukh KhanKabhi Alvida Na Kehna is a story about broken relationships. The trailer, in typical Kabhi Khushi Khabie Gham style, opens introducing us to our couples -- Shah Rukh Khan-Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan-Rani Mukerji.

Both marriages are fast on the downward spiral. Abhishek yells at Rani, asking why his wife won't sleep with him. Rani snaps back that there's more to marriage than sharing a bed.

Preity tells Shah Rukh that he's taking out his failed career frustrations on his marriage, and that's sad. SRK, eyes brimming with tears, turns and asks, 'you know what's sadder? us.'

The couples are estranged, and interlinked -- their paths cross. And then there's Amitabh Bachchan, sharing some relationship wisdom as he wheezes from a hospital bed.

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, a typically larger-than-life Karan Johar film, seems filled with heavy dialogues, tons of melodrama, and overdone emotions galore. And we all know how the Bollywood audience loves that.

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is slated to release in August.

Source : http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/may/29kank.htm?q=mbp&fi le=.htm

craZEEinlove

IF-Rockerz

craZEEinlove

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
kool!!! therz so many moviez bout extra maritial stuff but theyr mostlyy funny moviez but as alwyzz karan johar moviez i luv emm n they make me cry n laughh so yeahh ..icant wait for thsi moviie!!! n it has both rani n preityy!! and srk and abhi! and big B! and also i luv da songz! esp the title track nd rockstar soniye! i luv luv da beat to dat

sonalkhullar

IF-Rockerz

sonalkhullar

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
i just saw the promo of KANK on tv..it seems pretty gud Smile

sumesh

IF-Stunnerz

sumesh

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

I'm proud of 'Kabhi Alvida...' music: Karan Johar

The most awaited music soundtrack of the season is going to be out and filmmaker Karan Johar can't stop humming.

At a time when Himesh Reshammiya rules the roost, will Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy score with their music in Johar's "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" (KANK)?

"I am very proud of my music in 'KANK'. This is the second time that Javed (Akhtar) saab and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have teamed up for a Dharma production. And this is by far the more difficult score," Johar told IANS. The film stars the father-son duo of Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji and Preity Zinta.

"You have to hear the words Javed saab has written for the title song. I get tears in my eyes every time I hear it but my favourite is 'Mitwa', an evocative ballad picturised on Shah Rukh. It just rips the screen apart.

"There's a dance number 'Where's the party tonight' filmed on Abhishek and a love duet 'Tum bhi deko na' filmed on Shah Rukh and Rani. Our effort is to take my music ahead of 'K3G' ('Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham') and 'Kal Ho Naa Ho'."

In an unprecedented departure from filmdom's protocol, Johar has decided to release the soundtrack overseas first.

On June 16, the soundtrack will be released for the Indian market at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards in Dubai.

"That's indeed true. The music for 'KANK' was released in London for the overseas market on June 12 by Shah Rukh. I was only too glad for this coincidence because Shah Rukh is the single-most vital component of my life and creativity."

On the June 16 Indian release, "Amit-ji (Amitabh Bachchan), Abhishek, Rani and Preity will do the needful there", he said.

Source : http://www.webindia123.com/movie/gosips/na150606.htm

Edited by sumesh - 18 June 2006 at 4:06pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top