India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Why Anjali's Reaction doesnt sit well!

jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged
The audience like the audience of any entertainment piece... be it a play, a movie, a television show- are divided on their opinions of what they see. It is but natural and right...after all the people come from a sea of varied cultural, behavioural and environmental factors so they are bound to have difference of perceptions and views and I really think everyone should be allowed to expressed it cause most of the time its just an outlet of their immediate frustration they experience after watching an episode or a movie show and the internet has just given a great platform for that.

Now coming to the hottest topic of discussion ... character assassination of Anjali- Some see it going the twist/ pervert way (i am in that group), some beleive she is heading for mental breakdown and needs a shrink, some empathise with her, some just want to be nice and spread positivity cause they fear their fav show will loose it's viewership... - varied perceptions I was talking about.

I really cant talk about the thought process of the sections that defend her.. but talking about why it is going the twisted way for me... I am going to use one of my favourite writer's example to do that- Shakespeare wrote a sonnet where he talks about his  mistress and the lines are -
"My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head."
At face value, a lay person reading these lines would feel that he is insulting the woman he claims to love, but that is the brilliance of Shakespeare. A question to those who are reading -
the minute you read the lines say eyes are nothing like the sun, what is the visual that came to your head??? Eyes and Sun?? right!!
Thats the think with our brain - we make associations with the words we first recognize and hear - so even when he says eyes are nothing like the sun, we already finished visualising eyes that are like the sun, the nothing like registers later but by then the picture of a woman with eyes like the sun is set.Smile

Now why am I giving this reference - this is the same thing that is happening with us when Anjali delivers those questionable dialogues -
Love is of varied types and of varied dimensions and varied intensity. You can compare love only based on intensity - does a mother love one kid more than the other, does a man love his wife or the mistress more, does the kid love his dad or mom more???
The nature of love in all these cases is the same but the intensity may or may not vary so a comparison can be drawn.

But if someone where to ask me - Between your parents, your sibling, your friends, who do you love more? I will never be able to answer that cause they nature of love is so different, I can make a comparison. They all stand alone in their own corner but it is all love!

So coming to the point - you only compare similar type of love -  when Anjali says stuff like your wife is more important than me- she is doing what Shakespeare did - equating herself (a sister) with Khushi (a wife). But the problem is the kind of love is different - Sibling love is caring, fun, protective, parental to an extent; while a spouse love is of companionship, possessiveness, sexual, romantic.- these two cant be compared and that is why for ages people struggle to strike a balance between their family and their spouse and refrain from answering the question who do you love more.
Someone in their post wrote about mothers bullying their sons but this is not the same - mother-in law psychology has been studies and why mother's feel threatened by a daughter in law cause its a fear of loosing household control, control over their son who may have been answerable to them so far, loosing their importance and being reduced to nobody from being the one who ran the show. (not all mother in laws are like that, let me clarify!SmileSmile)
 So, when Anjali equates herself with her brother's wife and questions his love, in the audience's mind she is sowing the seed that the two love are the same - cause how do you compare that which is not of the same kind!
This is why for me its going the twisted way cause everytime she weeps at her brother romancing his wife... the bell sounds -  you are a sister right?? wht is the problem then? 

Edited by jules - 21 July 2012 at 2:00am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top