Pratigya
Pratigya

Shakuntala, a real mother (Page 2)

trina_saras IF-Stunnerz
trina_saras
trina_saras

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ThatOneGal

I feel for that woman...what an irony that she fell victim to SS's lust and she's the one to bear all the humiliations ! That's that power of a MALE DOMINATED society...Dead
I am glad despite enduring so much pain...she has raised her child in a good manner and made him a lawyer !

I agree ThatOneGal.  She was victim to him, and now Komal and Shakti are accusing her of being a golddigger and trying to entrap SS which is so ridiculous.  Come on, we've never even seen her go up to his room or ask for anything.  The poor woman was with SS because of his own weakness, now she is with these strange people ensuring their garbage because of Abhimanyu's determination to establish the truth.  

And yes, it's a patriarchal society that requires children have to bear the father's last name.  What's so wrong with the mother's?  Because the identity is considered to be linked with the father.  It's disgusting.  How about those women nowadays who don't change their name after marriage?  They don't need to.  Ermm  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Love-u-allFleurBleue

abhiloveriya IF-Sizzlerz
abhiloveriya
abhiloveriya

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
gud post!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trina_saras

trina_saras IF-Stunnerz
trina_saras
trina_saras

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mdsaifu14

I dont agree with u... because she & his son first came in hayoli... And she remerried another person...

They came because Abhimanyu needed an identity like the other three Thakur siblings.  Shakuntala wanted no part of it, she was supporting her son.  When SS came to the farm, she pledged that they would leave and it was her son's idea to move in.  She did not remarry another person, she was never married to SS as far as the storyline goes.  Her marriage to Sudama was an arrangement between SS and his manservant to give her and her son a name, albeit a false one. 

liipsaLove-u-all

Devil86 IF-Rockerz
Devil86
Devil86

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged
i feel very bad for shaku and for his son abhi

he is hospital

hope krishna make his wish full filled

to calling him a brother and calling her mother

in front of of all

Devil86 IF-Rockerz
Devil86
Devil86

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:22am | IP Logged
his father is watching her to leave and only krishna call her to stop

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Thrustiing yourself upon someon is never going to necessarily endear you to that person or his family

If love and acceptance is what ASY wanted He could have gone about it another way

As for Shakuntala - I totally agree that her quiet dignity is appealing,

But at the same time, her son rode roughshod over her when he overreached her and demanded to stay in the Haveli - exactly why would she support her son for this?

Isnt it insulting in a way to al the sacrifices she no doubt made - as if to say having a loving mother is simply not enough? I have to discover the father that rejected me in order to feel whole?

I think it is...

ASY isnt the first and wont be the last - but as an educated man he should have held his head high, been proud of his mother and declared he doesnt need an absent father of the blood - his mother did a grand job of mother and father all of her own. No way does society require you to have to decalre whether or not you are illegitimate in order to get somewhere in life.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Love-u-allBruce_Lsuk4Caped_CrusaderHamiSky-Sheena-babithajVeena.S

Love-u-all IF-Rockerz
Love-u-all
Love-u-all

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by corvette

Thrustiing yourself upon someon is never going to necessarily endear you to that person or his family

If love and acceptance is what ASY wanted He could have gone about it another way

But at the same time, her son rode roughshod over her when he overreached her and demanded to stay in the Haveli - exactly why would she support her son for this?

Isnt it insulting in a way to al the sacrifices she no doubt made - as if to say having a loving mother is simply not enough? I have to discover the father that rejected me in order to feel whole?

I think it is...

ASY isnt the first and wont be the last - but as an educated man he should have held his head high, been proud of his mother and declared he doesnt need an absent father of the blood - his mother did a grand job of mother and father all of her own. No way does society require you to have to decalre whether or not you are illegitimate in order to get somewhere in life.

I think ASY's case is a bit different. He was forced to live with one of the servants of SS by SS and may have called him as his dad growing up, until he was told the shocking reality,

An arrangement that will create a person like ASY wanting to punish SS for a very humiliating arrangement.

Edited by PRAGMATIC - 23 July 2012 at 10:16am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trina_saras

-Sheena- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sheena-
-Sheena-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PRAGMATIC

Originally posted by corvette

I think it is...

I think ASY's case is a bit different. He was forced to live with one of the servants of SS by SS and may have called him as his dad growing up, until he was told the shocking reality,

An arrangement that will create a person like ASY wanting to punish SS for a very humiliating arrangement.

He was not forced to live with his mother, then why not appreciate her upbringing and be better known as a mother's son rather than a father's child..Even by all means, according to Shakutala, her husband was a noble man, a good man, so he did a better job of raising ASY even though he was a servant

I strongly disagree to this as that makes ASY even more of superficial human being and that being associated to a servant is something bad..He grew up to become an lawyer and that alone should give him a sense of belonging to society...

He has handled the situation in the wrong way and being educated he should have found a better way for SS to accept him as his son..

Bruce_LCaped_Crusader

Go to top