India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Shakuntala, a real mother

trina_saras IF-Stunnerz
trina_saras
trina_saras

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:32pm | IP Logged

In the wake of everyone insulting her and her son, and making sure every moment they spent in the haveli was a painful one, Shakuntala has held her head up high and never, ever complained to SS about anything.   And today, after 48 hours of what is probably going to be the worst ordeal of her life as she watched her son fighting for his life, she showed a lot of class.

She has been called cheap and servant class by the children of SS, but she never once tried to defend herself or even throw a GLARE back at any of them.  She didn't even call the police and report Shakti when he threw her son off the bed.  If anything, we have all seen Amma use cheap language and behavior to instigate her sons as well as physically abuse her then-expecting daughter-in-law.  Compared to the wife of SS, Shakuntala is a princess.  She may not deck herself in gold jewelry and fine threads, but she acts with dignity and decorum.  She never threw it in their face that her son was the son of SS. 

When she came back to collect her belongings, and went up to Krishna to apologize and beg his forgiveness, I was really ashamed of the whole family apart from Pratigya.  If you saw that scene carefully, after she asked him with every ounce of humility she had, Krishna couldn't even look at her.  It isn't what she did to him, it's what he did to them.  You could tell that at least he had some regret about what was happening.  He doesn't approve of them staying there, but he doesn't feel that Shakti and his violence is right either.  And when face-to-face with the victim of his bonfire from the day before, he couldn't look her in the eyes.  He didn't reply and say yes, "I forgive you."  But he didn't say "I will never forgive you" either.  This is because he knows most of the fault is his father's, and even some of it is his own family's.  And this closing scene is even more powerful because it happens right after Krishna brings his saintly brother home from jail.  Where I am sorry to say, he truly belongs for reasons aforementioned. 

Shakuntala promised they wouldn't trouble them, and there is absolutely no reason why I would think she would break her word.  Of course, there is still time for this character to change colors, but in today's episode I saw a lot of substance.  In her entire time on the show, she has always been this silent, passive character who hasn't opposed any of the Thakur's children.  My goodness, how I wish SS had spoken up and said no Shakuntala, most of what happened is my fault.  But it was more moving to just see everyone speechless.  This woman, has never lied or tried to cover up her faults.  If any mess has been made, she is attempting to clean it up.  That is more than anyone in the house has done, apart from Pratigya. 

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Mohinti97aziza7liipsakumarmahadevanzamina02Raadhnissrbaqrisuresh555teensssuk4Love-u-alldhakarnbabithajpiyarapiyariSnigdha_Khanamabhiloveriya

mdsaifu14 Newbie
mdsaifu14
mdsaifu14

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
I dont agree with u... because she & his son first came in hayoli... And she remerried another person...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

idreeskhan123

babithaj IF-Sizzlerz
babithaj
babithaj

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Even K n P are CLASS...Especially K showed class act in yest epi... i see Shaku as a gud mother and as a humble woman... who brought up in village and their group belongs to slaves... acc to them whatever Malik likes them to do, they hv to budge and that is their first job. thts how she might hv got preggies with ASY. or she cud be SS's first love... let's W & W...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Raadhniheera1702teensssuk4Love-u-alldhakarnCaped_CrusaderpiyarapiyariSnigdha_Khanam

Raadhni Goldie
Raadhni
Raadhni

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
I don't think she herself wanted to marry Sudama Yadav while being pregnant with SS's child at that time. It was SS who forced Sudama Yadav marry his pregnant Shakuntala. He was not man enough to own up the child then and give his name. All this happened solely because of SS and his lust or love whatever you call it.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

aditiaroraLove-u-allsuk4FleurBleuebabithajtrina_saras

trina_saras IF-Stunnerz
trina_saras
trina_saras

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Raadhni

I don't think she herself wanted to marry Sudama Yadav while being pregnant with SS's child at that time. It was SS who forced Sudama Yadav marry his pregnant Shakuntala. He was not man enough to own up the child then and give his name. All this happened solely because of SS and his lust or love whatever you call it.

I feel that SS completely regrets the price others are paying for his mistake.  It was committed in his youth, but his sons in their youth are now making him pay.  I agree, he wasn't man enough to own up to it then, and now when his other son was facing danger, he was.  Abhimanyu is still a part of him, whether you want to say legally or illegally.  Sudama himself probably wasn't man enough to refuse SS.  And noone in that community would have married Shakuntala, so she did it basically as a last option.  I feel Shakuntala would have been happy to have spent the rest of her life as a secret, as long as she could keep her son and see him happy.  But Abhimanyu wanted to know the love of a father as well as a mother, and no contract marriage could change that.  He could have taken SS to court, then Shakti, and he didn't.  He wanted the voluntary admission of this man that yes, they are related.  How I wish he did take Shakti to court then at least, everyone will know what the guy did.  It would have been an open and shut case. 

Yes, SS may have lusted after others, but doesn't Shakti do it all the time?  The only difference is we haven't seen tangible proof of his lust because he threatens everyone he hires.  Plus, I am not so sure all of his kids would be so annoyed unless there was money involved. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

suresh555Love-u-allsuk4FleurBleuebabithaj

Love-u-all IF-Rockerz
Love-u-all
Love-u-all

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by trina_one

In the wake of everyone insulting her and her son, and making sure every moment they spent in the haveli was a painful one, Shakuntala has held her head up high and never, ever complained to SS about anything.   And today, after 48 hours of what is probably going to be the worst ordeal of her life as she watched her son fighting for his life, she showed a lot of class.

She has been called cheap and servant class by the children of SS, but she never once tried to defend herself or even throw a GLARE back at any of them.  She didn't even call the police and report Shakti when he threw her son off the bed.  If anything, we have all seen Amma use cheap language and behavior to instigate her sons as well as physically abuse her then-expecting daughter-in-law.  Compared to the wife of SS, Shakuntala is a princess.  She may not deck herself in gold jewelry and fine threads, but she acts with dignity and decorum.  She never threw it in their face that her son was the son of SS. 

When she came back to collect her belongings, and went up to Krishna to apologize and beg his forgiveness, I was really ashamed of the whole family apart from Pratigya.  If you saw that scene carefully, after she asked him with every ounce of humility she had, Krishna couldn't even look at her.  It isn't what she did to him, it's what he did to them.  You could tell that at least he had some regret about what was happening.  He doesn't approve of them staying there, but he doesn't feel that Shakti and his violence is right either.  And when face-to-face with the victim of his bonfire from the day before, he couldn't look her in the eyes.  He didn't reply and say yes, "I forgive you."  But he didn't say "I will never forgive you" either.  This is because he knows most of the fault is his father's, and even some of it is his own family's.  And this closing scene is even more powerful because it happens right after Krishna brings his saintly brother home from jail.  Where I am sorry to say, he truly belongs for reasons aforementioned. 

Shakuntala promised they wouldn't trouble them, and there is absolutely no reason why I would think she would break her word.  Of course, there is still time for this character to change colors, but in today's episode I saw a lot of substance.  In her entire time on the show, she has always been this silent, passive character who hasn't opposed any of the Thakur's children.  My goodness, how I wish SS had spoken up and said no Shakuntala, most of what happened is my fault.  But it was more moving to just see everyone speechless.  This woman, has never lied or tried to cover up her faults.  If any mess has been made, she is attempting to clean it up.  That is more than anyone in the house has done, apart from Pratigya. 

Again great analysis Trina. Your take on Shakuntala is bang on target. Will she change into a negative character or harbor grudge against any member of TN is still too early to tell.

CVs probably had a two fold purpose in introducing this character and ASY, One the adultery which is so prevalent with Thakurs !!! merely because they are powerful and that they can cover it up with money and force, and they can get away with it so easily !!! may be not LOL.

Secondly the feeling of a grown up man who was searching for his true identity and was willing to initially destroy anyone belonging to those who were responsible for his current status.

But then ASY seemed to have a change of heart after seeing SS, he seems to have lost all his grudges and his only motive was to force SS to give him and his mother the recognition they deserve.

For SS the tipping point was when he saw ASY fighting dozens of his men and endured immense pain but stood his ground, a clear evidence of a thkur blood, SS was surly shocked, but not surprised when he was told that who he went there to punish is his own son.

SS seems to have realized his mistake now, his behaviour towards Shakuntala and ASY shows a lot of remorse and he is willing to give them the status they deserve, also to some extent he is willingly taking all this abuse from his legitimate children, perhaps as a punishment, otherwise he is fully capable of keeping everyone at bay.

Edited by PRAGMATIC - 21 July 2012 at 5:30am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jackeyjssrbaqrisuk4babithajtrina_saras

FleurBleue IF-Sizzlerz
FleurBleue
FleurBleue

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:22am | IP Logged
I feel for that woman...what an irony that she fell victim to SS's lust and she's the one to bear all the humiliations ! That's that power of a MALE DOMINATED society...Dead
I am glad despite enduring so much pain...she has raised her child in a good manner and made him a lawyer !

Edited by ThatOneGal - 21 July 2012 at 5:14am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

jackeyjssrbaqrisuk4Love-u-allhussainramsopiyarapiyaritrina_saras

piyarapiyari IF-Sizzlerz
piyarapiyari
piyarapiyari

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by babithaj

Even K n P are CLASS...Especially K showed class act in yest epi... i see Shaku as a gud mother and as a humble woman... who brought up in village and their group belongs to slaves... acc to them whatever Malik likes them to do, they hv to budge and that is their first job. thts how she might hv got preggies with ASY. or she cud be SS's first love... let's W & W...

Well said Star
Trina gud post I feel for that women Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ssrbaqrisuk4babithajtrina_saras

Go to top