Aasman Se Aage

Article mentioning ASA

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Just saw this on the other site and picked up a portion which I do feel is unfortunate to have axed Asa

The audience is herd mentality and will never move victims are some novel shows
Very unfortunate that room for quality and differnt angle of creativity is never given room

First this TRP system is a killer which never gives room to growth and people who want to see change I'm viewing

Excerpt

Colors' launched Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon with much fanfare.

And the worry is beginning to show. Vivian's girlfriend Vahbbiz Dorabjee went on to tweet, "Hi guys a request 4 u all..the trps of Madhubala r dipping..plz watch it at sharp 8.30pm. NOT on the net. It will help the show..spread d word (sic)."

We called up Vahbbiz and quizzed her about her tweet. She stated, "It is quite sad that the Indian audiences seem to like only saas bahu stuff. Whenever something different is offered, like for example Pyaar
Ki Yeh Ek Kaahani or the more recent Aasman Se Aage, it never rates."

The latter Life OK show on behind-the-scene happenings on reality shows went off air in a couple of month's time since its launch.
"One of the main reasons I tweeted was for I feel that large sections of the urban youth are not watching the episodes on TV, but later checking it out on online and hence their viewership is not getting registered," observed Vahbbiz.

The channels don't allow shows to explore other angles, how much of saas bahu shows can one watch I being a mom parent wife does watch to an extent but when they have shows which show behind the scenes of shows mapping to understanding of how the life of the character dwells into fame and many angles it's a treat to understand that and Asa is an eye opener.

Dramatization of these angles presentation of the workmanship of these stories is very good attempt and should be watched but audience have a long way to go and selective audience are the ones who are the big loosers ..

Wish Asa had more time it deserved it!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harianjana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing the article dear...

agree most of urban viewers watch it on net, but the reason was their family too. ASA type of shows are mostly watched by youngsters in house, but at same time the elders in house want to watch the saas bahu soaps, for example take me ... I badly wanted to watch ASA but my daadi and mausi ended up taking remote from my hands and watching Punar vivah. In such cases, youngsters can't protests much becoz, parents will tell them to go and sleep, as we people had colleges or offices to leave. and we had no option but to watch the show on net, as it had very less number of repeates.

This was one of the problems, which was found in urban cities...

thats why I always wish, there should be single time slot in different channels for all those shows that show reality of any thing . then it would be easy to watch as there won't be any saas bahu shows, /
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
so true shanti
Shows like Asa are the shows for new generation, not only that it's also for all ages why not after all it deals with human emotions inner strength, zeal for achieving goals and how TRP drives everything, older people are still stuck with family drama where is there room to allow for such creativity when all the channels promote majority of that, understanding such shows should be given time and it's an intelligent show which works on different angles and it's toned well with less melodrama but then audience are only seeing those shows never give room to this type of show and more so victims are the selective audience whom the channel dose'nt bother...
 Timing and if you don't give room for 3 months proper and just stop things the ph suffers and that's what this ruthless channel did...
Edited by sami01 - 11 years ago
anizor thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing shanti, so true . sas bahu sagas are trp magnets. wonder why with young urban audience diffrent shows should get trps.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I feel that viewers have a long way to go to understand shows like ASA...

The show has been very crisp in grooming an individual, But audience will never move on, They are  still stuck with the same type of shows which are packaged differently,,

This is a show which deals with behind the scenes of reality show and how TRP drives everything looks like only a certain section of audience you understand the pace of this show and its angles and the masses who watch family dramas and the saas bahu shows in quantity hit the channel with their side...

Urban crowd or even larger cities crowd who want to see something different as shown the door with the show which is where they want to see some specific quality stuff or change  but end up seeing online

A seperate channel for urban crowd needs supprt for establishment will any of the GEC risk that I doubt as room for creativity is still not given enough encoruagement and the carpet below them can be pulled overnite...

Its ridiculous and ruthless of the channel to have axed ASA... Its a shame !