India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saif or SRK in Kal Ho Na Ho?

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
So the other day, my sister was watching Kal Ho Na Ho for the first time. LOL (yeah, she's not into bollywood)...so I decided to join her as I had nothing better to do.

I've watched that movie 3 times (with this being the third). The first time I saw it, I loved SRK's performance & loveddd Aman's character. I watched it the second time, and felt Rohit's character was better than that of Aman's..and NOW, after watching it the third time I feel not only do I like the character of Rohit more than that of Aman's..I think Saif performed way better than SRK in that film, and this is coming from a SRK fan. Saif was made for Kal Ho Na Ho's Rohit and I personally think he was the best part about KHNH (I'm no Saif fan by the way..)

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I just finished watching Cocktail. & since I just saw Kal Ho Na Na a day back, I couldn't help but think of how Saif's best goofy/rom-com kinda performance was that of Rohit from Kal Ho Na Ho... Not to mention, I couldn't help but notice how Saif really has aged...and how he looked cuter back then...I'm sure it  all has to do with me seeing back to back films of Saif that are nearly a decade apart. LOL

anyway, just wondering..whose performance did you guys honestly like in KHNH btwn SRK & Saif? 

Edited by starstruckk - 20 July 2012 at 8:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

lentils IF-Dazzler
lentils
lentils

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
They were both really cute and adorable.

But I prefer Aman because he basically convinced Rohit to marry Naina. I don't think he would have fallen in love with her if Srk didn't help him notice her.

Plus, Aman is the guy that hid his love because he knew he would die. It was just so sad and sweet. This movie always makes me cry.

Saif was really cute and fun too. Esp the gay scenes with Srk & Saif was hilarious. But his love wasn't as intense as Aman's, so Aman definitely took him over in the romance part.

But in real life, if I were in Naina's place, I would also marry Rohit. He's a realistic guy, a little naive and foolish perhaps. But he's good at heart and simple. Not to mention, easy to influence which is always a plus LOL

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Can a biased Saif Ali Khan fan leave an opinion? LOL Embarrassed

Edited by desigal90 - 26 July 2012 at 5:42pm
HeartEmWatson Goldie
HeartEmWatson
HeartEmWatson

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
saif all the way! rohit was so relatable in this film, he had his own faults but thats what made him endearing in the movie! he had good sense of humor, he was a great friend, he was a man that could love, he faltered...loved the layers of Rohit. He married someone knowing he was not her first love...really poignant again. 

aman was over the top at least for me. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07lentils

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
I like the scenes that Saif has with Preity. He looked cute with preity. But SRK was charming by himself without anybody standing next to him Or even if here was someone next to him. SRK made Kal ho na ho what it was. Take out srk and its not the same movie

shirani7lentils

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

Can a biased Saif Ali Khan fan leave an opinion? LOL Embarrassed

of course. LOL

I actually am a SRK fan, but I honestly loved Saif in this film..and way more than SRK. I think his character as Rohit was far more interesting & realistic than that of Aman's which is one of the main reasons. From whatever I've seen & heard, a lot of people associate Kal Ho Na Ho with SRK or Preity..but I don't think anyone else could have played a better Rohit than Saif..so I'd say he had a lot to do with the film doing well. 

MaSqUeRaDelentils

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
@ terenaina & burcidi: I'm not saying SRK was horrendous in KHNH..but I personally don't rate his performance as Aman as one of his best... and this is coming from a fan...I just couldn't connect with his character in anyway. Moreover, I liked Naina and Rohit's relationship way more maybe because it just seemed realistic? 

and Burcidi..I think Aman's love for Naina just seemed more intense because of all the things he did for her. Rohit loved Naina too..but his way of showing it wasn't the same as that of Aman's..and I think that's just how their characters were supposed to be.I  actually liked Rohit & Naina's friendship more than any other relationship w/in the movie. 

Edited by starstruckk - 26 July 2012 at 9:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lentils

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top