Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Going out on a limb (Mods pls close) (Page 3)

-_-harsh42 IF-Dazzler
-_-harsh42
-_-harsh42

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Okay now I'm as sober as I could possibly be!

And let me tell you, I had, until a day ago, conphused Gautam Hegde with Ganesh Hegde, the choreographer!! Embarrassed LOL
And Harshu was wondering what on this good earth does he have to do with IPK!! Stern Smile

And then I came out of the rock that I was living under, and adjusted my eyes to the bright light which was shining down on the man!!

Before I could start typing about him being a little handicap on creativity, I did chide myself for being all bitchy about it. Did he really deserve so much of my thought?? I honestly do not know!!

But if he's falling short of creative ideas, and has these "great" ideas about copying from our bunch of FF writers, and does not even give a rat's ass of gratitude to them, I would be majorly pissed!! (And I've heard more than a few writers face the deja vu moment when they see their work being presented on screen, in the actual show!!)

Yes. Now I know it ain't a coincidence!!

Also, I know not what to say!! Confused

Edited by -_-harsh42 - 22 July 2012 at 4:43am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karismaBlueMystiqueboyznaka

arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 4:53am | IP Logged
reserved. Though my slowness in checking Scraps has resulted in me being relegated to the 3rd page.

How sad. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

blackdice1001karismaBlueMystique.Euphoria.

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -_-harsh42

Okay now I'm as sober as I could possibly be!

And let me tell you, I had, until a day ago, conphused Gautam Hegde with Ganesh Hegde, the choreographer!! Embarrassed LOL
And Harshu was wondering what on this good earth does he have to do with IPK!! Stern Smile

And then I came out of the rock that I was living under, and adjusted my eyes to the bright light which was shining down on the man!!

Before I could start typing about him being a little handicap on creativity, I did chide myself for being all bitchy about it. Did he really deserve so much of my thought?? I honestly do not know!!

But if he's falling short of creative ideas, and has these "great" ideas about copying from our bunch of FF writers, and does not even give a rat's ass of gratitude to them, I would be majorly pissed!! (And I've heard more than a few writers face the deja vu moment when they see their work being presented on screen, in the actual show!!)

Yes. Now I know it ain't a coincidence!!

Also, I know not what to say!! Confused

I think copying out an entire OS is..yeah. I'd be really pissed too. 
But copying out small sections or scenes. Like Arnav backing Khushi into a wall. Or, Arnav taking Khushi hand and pulling her to him? Or Khushi running to Arnav's arm and falling on him? 
Does that still warrant a credit?

E.g. Moanful Morning. That has yet to happen in the show. If it did happen, and Gautam Bloody Hegde takes all credit for it. 
Yeah I'd be really pissed about it. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

karisma-_-harsh42.Euphoria.boyznakaFireboltBlueMystique

.Euphoria. IF-Rockerz
.Euphoria.
.Euphoria.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:49am | IP Logged
I think after the disaster with the latest tweeting wars and so forth, GH wants to keep a cool relationship with the fans, so using FF ideas to him would sound like blasphemy. They mock me and now they expect me to use their ideas?!

The thing is, there should be a small elite group headed by the creatives whose sole job would be to read through various FF's and filter out possible ideas or scenes that CV's can explore. It wouldn't be considered as a time waste because even reading other pieces of literature can inspire writers.

*sigh*

Great post Rissy, muah!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

karismablackdice1001BlueMystiqueboyznakaGirlabouttownserialjunkieprincessunara

devsum IF-Dazzler
devsum
devsum

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:07am | IP Logged
HEY  KARISHMA... WHEN ARE YOU UPDATING"SEXY"?

some of the FF , SS Os are the best fiction i.ve read recently. Some of them are so original, and show such craft that i am speechless.  But let us not forget about the many, which are "inspired " by best sellers. I came across one, which was obviously "inspired" by "The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer". Now the CV's  seems to frequently use other "cinematographic " ideas... vide the scene where Shyam tied Khushi on the road.

I've edited. When are u updating? LOL!

Edited by devsum - 22 July 2012 at 9:57am
serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Awesome suggestion. 

There is nothing more exhilarating to a fan than knowing that they are acknowledged. Be it using their story ideas, receiving a thank-you note from the crew, or simply getting a reply on FB/Twitter.

They can absolutely use the ideas (mine anyway, however limited they are) but a word of acknowledgment would save them plenty of heartburn. 

The current track would have worked wonderfully, had they handled it with maturity drawing the true human emotions of a woman scorned by her husband. The emotions should have been
a. reliving the feelings of abandonment - my parents left me when i was young and now my husband.
b. feelings of rejection - did he do this because of flaws in me, perhaps my handicap turned him off
c. self introspection-what did i do wrong? how could this happen to me? what is wrong with me?
d. anger - how dare he do this to me? who does he think he is?
e. blame - this is not his fault. its circumstance. khushi tempted him. that must be it
f. flashback - show how these two got together and what could possibly be the reason for shyam's distaste for Anjali

finally, the zoo family never sat down to talk through her feelings, offer therapy and support. 

The makers were in a hurry to pit Anjali against Khushi. Woman against Woman - sells like hot cakes every time. 

Lack of sophisticated story telling has been the bane of this PH since day one. Their premises are lofty but execution stinks. They wanted to show a flawed man, they showed an abusive lover. They wanted to show a spunky girl, they showed a girl with no brain. They wanted to show a sister with dependence issues, they showed something dangerously close to incest.

Dialogs are pathetic of late. "Chotay thumhe pyaar ho gaya hai" sounded more like an accusation rather than a revelation. I literally pulled my hair out when I heard those unfortunate words. Is this the bigger effing issue in Anjali' life right now i.e. her brother fell in love?

I support the motion, MiLord and will happily share any ideas, should the CVs want it. I don't want to offer it freely to them though because given their proclivity for taking fans for granted, a free offer of ideas would be treated with the same level of frivolity.

Edited by serialjunkie - 22 July 2012 at 8:22am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

karismadevsumboyznakaBlueMystique.Euphoria.Sultan_Of_Swingprincessunara

karisma Goldie
karisma
karisma

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Ali n SJ thanks a lot 4 adding another extra mile to this discussion!
(replying to krani  4 now..in blue)

Originally posted by Krani

I think copying out an entire OS is..yeah. I'd be really pissed too. 
But copying out small sections or scenes. Like Arnav backing Khushi into a wall. Or, Arnav taking Khushi hand and pulling her to him? Or Khushi running to Arnav's arm and falling on him? 
Does that still warrant a credit?

These are the cliched scenes that are reaching their sell-by dates, through overuse.

So no credit for the same trappings

...Unless, say,it's sthg like on a late night at work he's backing his wife into one of the many office elevators which has got stuck with them both inside and where the security camera is not working Embarrassed(bcoz in a previous scene where Arnav,  the flirt-who-btw-used-to-have-a-live-in-girl-friend, had twisted the lense till it crackedShocked ) and he'd already refused to have it repaired by the personnel for the time being bcoz Arnav knew he'd end up cornering her alone in it again at one point, which happens, and then..

Waka waka baby!

(Which only means the elevator starts moving again. Ha!)

Seriously, the careful build-up is missing e.g the anklet scene worked bcoz we remember the night it was lost and we'd been waiting for the moment he'd give it back.

Currently, the Wall's  idea of romance is Arnav smirking in every scene wiv his wife, to the point of it being now an awkward grimace.

E.g. Moanful Morning. That has yet to happen in the show. If it did happen, and Gautam Bloody Hegde takes all credit for it. 
Yeah I'd be really pissed about it. 

HugThis is also the kind of straightforward reaction from I-F writers that this thread needs- who minds and who doesn't. 

You also mentioned it being difficult to find people to credit. That is what has got his  knickers in knots. With the free poaching being out in the clear, he should be upfront about it now.

Dear Wall, if I-F writers have not said anything before and are still covering up your tracks, what makes you think they would want to steal your limelight now??

Surely you can figure out a way to say a discreet thank you. 

I-F writers are chewing but unfortunately they can't swallow for you. You can still gain ground and IPK would be less slippery.

Now swallow.

MUSIC!

Edited by karisma - 22 July 2012 at 9:03am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NmyraKraniBlueMystiqueprincessunara

boyznaka IF-Rockerz
boyznaka
boyznaka

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:44am | IP Logged
How in the world did I miss this? :O
I'm soo sorry Lolo! 
Yeah, you can stop glaring now. :P

Ok. That is the best idea I've seen in a while.
And by in a while, I mean ever since my birth.

There are oh so many wonderful FFs here. I mean, honestly, every single one of them deserves a feature film at least.
Now, we all know how big a ghaati Gauutii is. So I have my doubts whether he'll be able to do justice to the stories. Because he doesn't write them. He's actually responsible for the end product. And we all know how that is.

I think if the writer does not have a problem with his/her works being reproduced, with due credit of course, then they should definitely consider it. And let someone other than an actual wall handle it.
No, really. I'm assuming Di Ki Saut wasn't as horrendous as they're making it appear. But, then again, I'm an assumptive idiot.

Well, that's about it. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

karismaBlueMystique.Euphoria.Sultan_Of_SwingRabba-Ve-Delenaprincessunara

Go to top