Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

New FF: A New Beginning - Chapter 1 Pg 13 Updated (Page 13)

SmileyStar IF-Rockerz
SmileyStar
SmileyStar

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
CHAPTER 1

MAKING THE RIGHT DECISIONS

She sat on the bed staring blankly into space in the dimly lit small room, one hand methodically stroking Anaya's back while the other lay motionless over the children's bedtime story book that she had just finished reading to her. She looked down at Anaya's peacefully sleeping face and tucked a lock of stray hair behind her ear and sighed. There, she had done it again; Another day, successfully concluded.

Being the only guardian, she had Anaya's full responsibilitily and she was determined to give her as normal and stable a home life as possible. She always tried to put on a happy face for her. This nightly bedtime story ritual was just as it always had been with the exception that now her parents were missing. Khushi had always been the one to read Anaya her bedtime story in animated voices of different characters but Payal and Akash would be there too, listening quietly with soft smiles on their faces. She had tried to keep things as close to before as she could but it wasn't possible. Their house was no longer the same. The nice house that they lived in before was entitled to Akash by the company he worked in and after his death, they had to move out. Khushi's pay as a school teacher wasn't much; So she had accepted her friend, Unsa's offer and moved in her small two bedroom house but had insisted on giving half the rent. Unsa lived here alone, away from her family due to her studies. She was doing her Bachelors and she had been Khushi's closest friend ever since Khushi had moved to Goa from Dehli.

Making sure that Anaya was deeply asleep, she rose slowly, gingerly, trying to avoid making the least sound which might wake her up. She tiptoed out of the room and went to the living room and slumped on the couch, fully aware that this was the first time since morning that she'd been able to just sit down.

Like always, for a moment the silence came as a relief before it all crowded on her, the fatigue, the weight of responsibility, the worry about bills and the endless details of running a house. And the loneliness. She felt as though she were at the bottom of a great sea of loneliness and there was no way out. Tears prickled her eyes, threatening to fall. She didn't had to worry about any of these things when her Jiji and Jija Ji were alive.

"Khushi?" She heard Unsa call out tentatively and furiously blinked her eyes to avoid the tears from falling.

"I knew you would be awake so I made some tea for both of us." Unsa announced on entering the living room, carefully carrying two mugs of steaming hot tea.

"Here you go!" She said handing Khushi her mug and earning a 'Thanks' before sitting down cross-legged on the couch next to her. "Anaya's asleep?"

"Yes" Khushi replied, "How was your day?"

"Boring! Had a quiz today... Hopefully I'll pass. Didn't get time to study cos I was too busy reading Harry Potter 7!" She replied, her brown eyes sparkling.

"You've read that book a hundred times!" Khushi exclaimed.

"Its Harry Potter, Khushi! I can read it a thousand times! And you should give it a read too! Its awesome!" She said excitedly.

"Yes yes, I know." Khushi replied, rolling her eyes and sipping her tea.

"Khushi?" Unsa called out softly after a few seconds of silence and Khushi knew where this was headed.

"Have you thought about what you're going to do?" She asked tentatively.

"I don't know, Unsee! I just don't know!" Khushi sighed heavily, using Unsa's nickname that only she was allowed to use.

"I think you should go for it. Anaya's getting older and you have to think about her future." Unsa coaxed her gently.

"I know! But this is Dehli we're talking about. I don't want to go back there."

"But Khushi, you can't just stay away from Dehli because HE lives there." Unsa chided her gently. "The job's really good. I think you should go for it."

Khushi stared at her cup of tea as his mention sent piercing pain through her heart and brought back a flood of memories. She knew Unsa was right. She can't keep running away from him forever. He wasn't that important. Anaya was.

Everything was going fine until a few days ago when Khushi had returned back from work and Anaya had suddenly sprang up a wish for starting school as all of her friends already had. It was then Khushi had realized how she had a new responsibility on her shoulders and her pay wasn't good enough to get Anaya in a good private school.

Unsa had made her apply for various jobs and yesterday she had found out that she had been called for an Interview at 'Mehra Group of Companies' but at their main office in Dehli because their was no vacancy in their Goa branch. She had been selected as a candidate for the position of Secretary for the MD of that company and the interview was on the upcoming Monday. It was a good job as it was a huge and famous firm and they paid well but they only problem was that it was in Dehli and Arnav lived there...

Please LIKE AND COMMENT!! Embarrassed

The following 100 member(s) liked the above post:

aparna7swati2011kk10Sna1288arshifan4evrbestfrndz4evercappacuinojyogulpranaadarkangelpmrignRabba_VegagsysakadafiPedaaa_mnhsDreamer-89C3_IF-divya-luv angel--SKALOVE--sval000AnuLovesBarunnupsiiitmowladimple288oroniArShitanu_15WanieApurplelovedamonzladyShweta1691rparash-Siaa-P4ROseabeautymizzraksha712butterfly7Princess_MansiSamaira32meera06desilover101desikalakaarAdorableTroublehighonshows-Manal.A-ArhiDeewanismileyhug7679inshuuswetha_chsanny-beautifulSweet_AshumCharmz_58nazibah__blossom__jen_xTwilightStar_JPmehak06simi58segadclaireDDsushnapavi1chandana.sphillips_2909srijaaa127Hot.Pink.Heelskriti_atharvfarheen75ashred12TeeshaShiningStar18AR_LOVERkvarshacherry227Amti4usarra0pakpearl-Areeba-VSai2008drunkiiebabeverisimilitudeViji79prerna1flowers4ulaksh65angeldream14LyssaPiemorning_dewsChitraFsummaiyasayedTia.0snoopy84fffan123noclapspleasevandana.sagartash10Fazila~dumas-Xpress-

kriti_atharv IF-Rockerz
kriti_atharv
kriti_atharv

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
r

*edited*

yay me first n for the first time in any of your work..*faints*..

wow awsuuum update dear,...poor khushi bearing the brunt of everything...now she has to back to delhi apparently where she does not want to go...cz of arnav...would love to know what happens now...cannot wait for the next part n thnx 4da pm dear...

Edited by kitzdoll - 06 August 2012 at 8:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmileyStar

--SKALOVE-- Senior Member
--SKALOVE--
--SKALOVE--

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
that was awesome plz continue soon thx for pm

SmileyStar

SmileyStar IF-Rockerz
SmileyStar
SmileyStar

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kitzdoll

r

<font color="#000066" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">*edited*</font>
<font color="#000066" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">
</font>
<font color="#000066" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">yay me first n for the first time in any of your work..*faints*..</font>
<font color="#000066" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">
</font>
<font color="#000066" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">wow awsuuum update dear,...poor khushi bearing the brunt of everything...now she has to back to delhi apparently where she does not want to go...cz of arnav...would love to know what happens now...cannot wait for the next part n thnx 4da pm dear...</font>

Hehehe! Congrats on being first Wink I get really happy on reserving the first place too Tongue Glad you liked the update hun! Yes Khushi doesn't want to go back to Dehli... But I'm sure fate wants her there LOL Thanks for reading and commenting! Here's a hug for you Hug
SmileyStar IF-Rockerz
SmileyStar
SmileyStar

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --SKALOVE--

that was awesome plz continue soon thx for pm

Awww Thanksss Embarrassed and I will continue with the next chap sooner Insha'Allah Tongue and as for the PM, no problem! Embarrassed
fffan123 IF-Sizzlerz
fffan123
fffan123

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Loved the update.Felt bad for Khushi as she does not want to go to Delhi but has to for Ananya.

SmileyStar

-ElmoFuj- IF-Sizzlerz
-ElmoFuj-
-ElmoFuj-

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Omggg you updateddd! *does a mental jig*! 
This was so sad. Khushi misses her sister and her husband so much Unhappy I already realy like her friend, Unsa! Ananya 's responsibility is even on Khushi's shoulders. Hmmm. 
Ooo so she already knows Arnav? Thats interestinggg! I wonder what happened that makes her hate him so much, wonder what makes her want to stay away from him! Shocked So now i get the title. 'A New Begining', eeekkss i'm excited! Embarrassed
 I wonder whether in this FF she has a connection with the Gupta's or anything. Please update sooonnn! I'm wanting to read moreee! Big smile

SmileyStar

arushi05 Goldie
arushi05
arushi05

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
I read both the prologue and chapter 1 and i found it very interesting. Want to read more. Update soon. Thanks for the pm

Edited by arushi05 - 06 August 2012 at 9:46pm

SmileyStar

Go to top