Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout: Sharthwa ve on pg103 (Page 44)

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

Originally posted by docgirl

Originally posted by DiyaS

Doc, the problem for me is that Anjali is not coming across as this way. Yes, Nani is not giving her any answers ... but there were two occasions when Arnav tried to talk to her, she shut him up both times ... the first day itself - he tried to talk to her immediately, he even asked the rest of the family to wait their turn ... but she didn't want to listen to anything ... it was 'Arnav, go away.' Flat, cut and dried ... okay, understandable, her world just collapsed ... but doesn't she want to know why?! And when she collapsed and asked Nani those questions, could she not tell Nani - I need an answer now ... if you don't have the answer, then I want them from Chotey.
No, she doesn't, because she prefers not to get the ugly truth, she's still clinging to the hope that Chotey has somehow misunderstood things, and Shyam is pure as the driven snow. And if Arnav sits and talks to her, he will tell her the truth if she asks ... and she's not ready yet to accept it. 
Today, when he tried to give an explanation as to why he was back home, she assumed straight off that he was lying ... well, she and the family were also back home unexpectedly for a reason, couldn't Arnav also have a valid reason for coming back home? But she's not willing to even consider that one ... he's lying because he wanted to spend time with his wife.
Although Arnav did make that easier to believe with his carpet of red roses ... what a time the man chooses to discover his romantic side!!! LOL

When Arnav was ready to cancel his meeting for her, she was happy, because it showed she was paramount in his life ... over his work. And she was able to magnanimously send him off ... SHE was in control. When it appears that he cancelled his satsang meeting with Di for his wife, all hell breaks loose ...

So yes, it's not about about her not wanting him to be happy ... but it IS about her resenting his romancing his wife ... at the cost of his devotion to his Di - especially at a time when her own life is suddenly torn to pieces. If he romanced his wife after his Di graciously gave him the time off to do so, she would be perfectly happy ... after all, didn't she send Khushi to sew a button on his shirt? And if Shyam was still around, would she mind Arnav romancing his wife? I'm really not sure on this one ... I cannot say a firm NO ... and that's part of the problem.

More and more Anjali is coming across as a control freak ... she wants the world to run on her terms. And maybe it's due to her damaged past ... but if the cv's don't buck up and show that past, and keep showing her as the Saut in her own brother's life, then it's going to be very difficult to find any audience sympathy for Anjali.

When the story was about Didi ki Saut, Anjali got some sympathy, Khushi was even bashed for not being forceful enough with Shyam, for talking to him, not pushing him away etc. That's because the other woman never gets the sympathy, and Khushi was the other woman in Anjali's life.

Now Anjali is coming across as the other woman in Khushi's life ... from 'Didi Ki Saut' to 'Didi Bani Saut' ... and for her to get any sympathy now is going to be very difficult.

Diya, the 2 occasions - day 1 was way too soon... she was in shock she couldn't have processed anything! Today... c'mon she was totally justified in thinking he had a romantic assignation with his wife - carpet of roses and kissing???? he did all that prep but couldn't call to let someone know? That was just lame. Tongue

Of course, she thinks Chottey had misunderstood the situation --- that puts her life back together. But the point is she is lost... she doesn't begrudge him his happiness, but he is not available to her. She's miserable and needs him and he just isn't there. The one time he said he'd be with her, she let him off on work grounds. She turns around and it seems like he lied. I think it's understandable that she is hurt. 

I think she does have a problem with not having control --- she has NONE. Arnav kicked Shyam out without ever checking with her or talking her thru it. Of course she feels rudderless. 

For now I can understand it...  I think it's a pretty touch crisis - people take weeks, months sometimes more to process it and come to terms with it. Families have to deal with it and provide LOTS of support. It infects everyone - it's not pretty or easy BUT it does happen. Let's see where the show takes it! Big smile

for first bold...he cleared that he tried to call but was unreachable...and he didn't know whre they went..so they were his first priority as well

second bold...this is in her head...he is available 24/7...he spends extra time with khushi...when both ladies went away in different direction..he went to pacify Di...not khushi...she is still his first priority...but anji is in a mood to MU Arnav...this is Arnav's karma for MUing khushi which is coming back to bite him on his A**

Yep, it's a question of attitude also, isn't it? How you see things through your own perspective ... The problem for Arnav and Anjali is that they are at two different phases of the Shyam disclosure. Arnav has known about it for months, the shock factor has worn off, and this is more of a closure for him. His first reaction when he heard was to tell Di, and kick Shyam out ... for various reasons, including Di's pregnancy, he couldn't do that ... now both jobs done - Di informed, Shyam kicked out - end of the Shyam story.
Now the more important one for him is the issue he's just started to face - that he MU'ed Khushi big time, that's what is on his mind 24/7, and he has to make up to her for it. He is still trying to be with Anjali as much as possible ... but not exclusively ... and that's the problem.

While Anjali is in the first phase of the Shyam saga ... as shocked as he was when he first saw and heard it ... trying to come to terms with it ... and going the same way as her brother ... not ready to hear the full picture, because she's scared of hearing the truth - that her Shyamji is a scumbag.
And she's not ready to see that Arnav is with her as much as possible ... because 'as much as possible' is not enough for her, this issue is THE most important thing for her right now, and she expects it to be the most important one for everyone around her too ... which it is for Mami and Akash, because they are at the same phase as she is.  But Arnav is not ... and that's not enough for Anjali, she wants Arnav's entire attention all the time also.

Like I said, I can understand Anjali on paper, but either the cv's are writing her badly, or she's acting it badly ... the sympathy gets lost somewhere in the execution.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-monalisa-soapsuds-Jamba-

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Diya exactly, we know what the CVs are trying to do and we really should be feeling sympathy for her character but instead its the exact opposite, problem is because of the way its been executed. If it weren't for Sanjana's post, I would still be lost about her dialogues. CVs need to stop making things so complicated, make it simple with some flashbacks so you understand a character's mindset better.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsuds-Jamba-DiyaS

.S.A. IF-Sizzlerz
.S.A.
.S.A.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Like I said, I can understand Anjali on paper, but either the cv's are writing her badly, or she's acting it badly ... the sympathy gets lost somewhere in the execution.

Dia,

DB is acting it badly. They are not getting it wrong even with Payash anymore. Why will the cvs get it wrong with Anjali now??

Sama

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Jamba-DiyaS

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
@ diya: u a doc too? Hug
didn't know. Wondered actually when u mentioned abt the artery forcepsLOL

sorry for the random comments...at work...haven't really read anything on the thread yet. just popping in and out

Edited by soapsuds - 20 July 2012 at 11:53pm

-Jamba-DiyaS

pinky_blueskies IF-Sizzlerz
pinky_blueskies
pinky_blueskies

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
love the post, sari and everyone, enjoyed reading the takes.

dunno what to say anymore after last night's epi - i loved the hug part the most Embarrassed

--Sari---Jamba-

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by soapsuds

So true Sheila...and the way she looked in the car...if she is so pale and swooning that too towards the latter part of the second trimester no less (and not early pregnancy) they should have taken her to hospital for medical attention ...rather than return home...and interrupt the far more delicious happening there...Evil Smile
why should she be on anything other than iron and calcium supplements and vitamins? All her prenatal visits with shyamu never indicated a problem...now suddenly she is popping pills all over the place!
She looks anemic...I can even accept intermittent momentary swoon when she gets up...may be postural hypotension...no preeclampsia...they keep showing closeups of her dainty unswollen feet walking to Arnie's room...no bloated look...gestational diabetes is likely given family history...but then they should be giving her insulin shots?...So just give it up Sheila...soaps have not even a small shred of medical logic...don't stress urself...the needle holder says it allWinkLOL

Biraj, she doesn't have a baby bump and you're looking for swollen feet and bloating...??? we can take those as imaginary too! LOLLOL. They just need to tell by way of expostion what her problem is - "Dr ne kaha ..." kind of thing and also what stage of her pregnancy she's at. Why fudge so much  ... it's such an easy fix! Confused

Agree with you on just letting it go... normally I do but then they keep showing idiocy like pushing pills on her and I just have a hard time with that. 

We should have a subgroup of spice girl docs to vent on the injustice done to medicine!!! There's the 2 of us, Diya, Bobop and perhaps some others? 

Ooo - that sounds like fun, can I join too? Pwetty pwease?

My claim to science fame - 

1.  I took Biology in tenth grade and actually managed to score a passing grade 
2. I snarked at the young-ish science teacher when she stuttered while explaining the male and female reproductive system - had my class in splits
3. I fainted (very gracefully too) when I dissected a rat and saw the heart still beating.

Am I eligible? Day Dreaming

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99savvy05-monalisa-DiyaS

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Jamba-

So true Sheila...and the way she looked in the car...if she is so pale and swooning that too towards the latter part of the second trimester no less (and not early pregnancy) they should have taken her to hospital for medical attention ...rather than return home...and interrupt the far more delicious happening there...Evil Smile
why should she be on anything other than iron and calcium supplements and vitamins? All her prenatal visits with shyamu never indicated a problem...now suddenly she is popping pills all over the place!
She looks anemic...I can even accept intermittent momentary swoon when she gets up...may be postural hypotension...no preeclampsia...they keep showing closeups of her dainty unswollen feet walking to Arnie's room...no bloated look...gestational diabetes is likely given family history...but then they should be giving her insulin shots?...So just give it up Sheila...soaps have not even a small shred of medical logic...don't stress urself...the needle holder says it allWinkLOL

Biraj, she doesn't have a baby bump and you're looking for swollen feet and bloating...??? we can take those as imaginary too! LOLLOL. They just need to tell by way of expostion what her problem is - "Dr ne kaha ..." kind of thing and also what stage of her pregnancy she's at. Why fudge so much  ... it's such an easy fix! Confused

Agree with you on just letting it go... normally I do but then they keep showing idiocy like pushing pills on her and I just have a hard time with that. 

We should have a subgroup of spice girl docs to vent on the injustice done to medicine!!! There's the 2 of us, Diya, Bobop and perhaps some others? 

2. I snarked at the young-ish science teacher when she stuttered while explaining the male and female reproductive system - had my class in splits
3. I fainted (very gracefully too) when I dissected a rat and saw the heart still beating.

and...

4. u can say "STAT!!!"

So J that qualifies u on all countsWink

Been missing u on the hangout...and the take 5Hug

Also noticed the little bit of ramanchi...snarky take 5 missing on the SKD day?...and there in full force with cryAnj?...did u too wander of into SKD just for a moment yesterday?...common common tells all...Tongue

pssst...won't tell anyone...Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Jamba-

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Jamba-

and...

4. u can say "STAT!!!"

So J that qualifies u on all countsWink

Been missing u on the hangout...and the take 5Hug

Also noticed the little bit of ramanchi...snarky take 5 missing on the SKD day?...and there in full force with cryAnj?...did u too wander of into SKD just for a moment yesterday?...common common tells all...Tongue

pssst...won't tell anyone...Wink

Biraj - of course! Hug# 4 is the most important!!!

Take 5 flows the easiest on the days when everyone is wallowing in SKD - I absolutely Heart busting that bubble. Evil Smile  Also on days when we have absolute stinkers for epi's. 

Today was just an escape valve - needed an outlet since the snark had been building up for so many days. Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsuds

Go to top