Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout: Sharthwa ve on pg103 (Page 130)

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

^^^
Exactly, reguser, the problem is in the way Anjali's loss is being shown. She seems more worried about the loss of her brother, rather than the loss of her husband when she HAS her brother, not one, but two, and her entire family ... her primary concern should have been about her husband, her baby's father ... and moved very slowly to the insecurity about her brother ...

I think a lot of the problem is in the writing. In their hurry to establish the insecurity about the loss of the brother/father figure, the writers have completely glossed over the loss of the husband factor, which is - or should be - the biggest issue, at the start, at least. First Anjali should have gone into shock, denial, grief ... Shyamji cannot do this, he can't be like this ... then doubts, why didn't he say anything, why hasn't he called me, then she could have gone into the 'Chotey didn't give him a chance, why did Chotey throw him out like this' ... and then she should have moved to 'Chotey didn't tell me anything, he didn't explain to me, he's hiding things from me' ...  and seeing Arnav with Khushi every time she wanted to ask him something ... and all this time we could have had some Arshi scenes, some more Payash, because they actually make more sense these days ... some scenes of Nani trying and failing to answer Anjali's questions ... and then slowly move to Anjali's insecurity about Chotey not being there to answer her questions, and not being there for her..

Moving straight from hubby being kicked out to being scared of losing her brother makes no sense ... especially as brother has been very much there ... it comes across as this very selfish attitude that "I'm sad, so the whole world should be sad" ... especially when all along she has been shown as the one who most wanted her brother to find true love in his life ... and was perfectly happy and delighted when he did ... see the Holi scenes ... and now suddenly she moves to 'you've changed since you fell in love?'
And if Anjali is purposely being shown as being selfish and weak, then the actress and scriptwriter and whoever else ... should not crib about viewer feedback ... we're seeing what you show us.

@Blue - Thats the reason the story looks like "Didi bani saut" LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsudspremparbat.S.A.

.S.A. IF-Sizzlerz
.S.A.
.S.A.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:36am | IP Logged

^^^
<font color="#CC0000">Exactly, reguser, the problem is in the way Anjali's loss is being shown. She seems more worried about the loss of her brother, rather than the loss of her husband when she HAS her brother, not one, but two, and her entire family ... her primary concern should have been about her husband, her baby's father ... and moved very slowly to the insecurity about her brother ...

I think a lot of the problem is in the writing. In their hurry to establish the insecurity about the loss of the brother/father figure, the writers have completely glossed over the loss of the husband factor, which is - or should be - the biggest issue, at the start, at least. First Anjali should have gone into shock, denial, grief ... Shyamji cannot do this, he can't be like this ... then doubts, why didn't he say anything, why hasn't he called me, then she could have gone into the 'Chotey didn't give him a chance, why did Chotey throw him out like this' ... and then she should have moved to 'Chotey didn't tell me anything, he didn't explain to me, he's hiding things from me' ... and seeing Arnav with Khushi every time she wanted to ask him something ... and all this time we could have had some Arshi scenes, some more Payash, because they actually make more sense these days ... some scenes of Nani trying and failing to answer Anjali's questions ... and then slowly move to Anjali's insecurity about Chotey not being there to answer her questions, and not being there for her..
</font>.

<font color="#CC0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Moving straight from hubby being kicked out to being scared of losing her brother makes no sense ... especially as brother has been very much there ... it comes across as this very selfish attitude that "I'm sad, so the whole world should be sad" ... especially when all along she has been shown as the one who most wanted her brother to find true love in his life ... and was perfectly happy and delighted when he did ... see the Holi scenes ... and now suddenly she moves to 'you've changed since you fell in love?'
And if Anjali is purposely being shown as being selfish and weak, then the actress and scriptwriter and whoever else ... should not crib about viewer feedback ... we're seeing what you show us.</font>

Dia,

I think thats exactly what they showed with Anji. "hum aapke bager nahi jee sakte" denial that her husband can do anything such. "jiske pitah ki koi izzat nahi" worry for the child. Not wanting to hear khushis name even. She is responsible. "tum itne jaldi sab bhul gaye chote" start of insecurity. Confusion yeh esa nahi kar sakte par arnav unhe ghar se nahi nikalte ... Sach kya hai?". Before she gets her answer she sees her brother lying to her. Hence rather than take the answer she passed on her verdict ...you changed. Scene is yet to play out. These din't make an impact as DB is stuck with 3 expressions and body language. I'm crying, I'm fainting and I'm sulking.

I guess knowing DB and veiwers they din't want to take the risk of elongating the track than it already is. If they took it slow they would have been stuck at denial phase still. Now that would have been ugly. They have FFed the track where shyaam can make his entry already because they neither show her grey nor white till she decides. I don't think viewer sympathy was target anyways, it just DB damaging the situation.

When i think of DB I remember a dialogue from movie Nayak played by Anil Kapoor -
"Ine kya pata, yeh toh bas apna muh fadh kar aye hain"

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-soapsudsDiyaS

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:46am | IP Logged
And I don't understand  DB at all. If she wanted more screen space I presume it was to show her acting chops. So why have a problem with being grey...it gives u much more opportunity to showcase ur range than just swooning and sulking. If a character is supposed to be grey for a while why moan about audience sympathy...why would audience sympathize with a grey character...at best they may understand the motivations...?
And whats the issue with sporting a baby bump? its not DB she is playing, its Anjali...so if Anjali is pregnant she has gotta look pregnant for the audience to connect...where is the professionalism in this unwillingness to do that?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Pallavi-DiyaSPr1yanka.S.A.

Moksha51 Goldie
Moksha51
Moksha51

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Good morning/afternoon/evening ladkiyon!

What's gup shup? New shart I see Tongue   Hmm.. Where shall I bet.. Gul's googly is not an option on this one... That's usually a safe bet Wink

Is the hangout still a spoiler free zone?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Newbiesoapfan

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sma121

^^^
<font color="#CC0000"

Dia,

I think thats exactly what they showed with Anji. "hum aapke bager nahi jee sakte" denial that her husband can do anything such. "jiske pitah ki koi izzat nahi" worry for the child. Not wanting to hear khushis name even. She is responsible. "tum itne jaldi sab bhul gaye chote" start of insecurity. Confusion yeh esa nahi kar sakte par arnav unhe ghar se nahi nikalte ... Sach kya hai?". Before she gets her answer she sees her brother lying to her. Hence rather than take the answer she passed on her verdict ...you changed. Scene is yet to play out. These din't make an impact as DB is stuck with 3 expressions and body language. I'm crying, I'm fainting and I'm sulking.

I guess knowing DB and veiwers they din't want to take the risk of elongating the track than it already is. If they took it slow they would have been stuck at denial phase still. Now that would have been ugly. They have FFed the track where shyaam can make his entry already because they neither show her grey nor white till she decides. I don't think viewer sympathy was target anyways, it just DB damaging the situation.

When i think of DB I remember a dialogue from movie Nayak played by Anil Kapoor -
"Ine kya pata, yeh toh bas apna muh fadh kar aye hain"

Sama, @bold ROFL That IS the main problem!!! 

@bold ... but if they had given Anjali some more solo scenes and scenes with Nani, rather than show her eavesdropping on Arnav's phone call, or gatecrashing his birthday celebration for his wife, it would have gotten her more sympathy ... and it would have given cv's time to put in a few more ArHi scenes. DB bhi khush, viewers bhi khush!Tongue

Anjali did get sympathy in that one Nani scene ... which she lost when she accused Arnav of lying to her to be with his wife, in the very next one.
Chalo, chodo ... let Shyam return soon, he is a much better Cupid for Arhi ... this one is just a KMH!!!  
LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Pallavi-soapsuds--Sari--NewbiesoapfanPr1yanka.S.A.

Hriju321 IF-Dazzler
Hriju321
Hriju321

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Put me done for Koi Shak please..just want to see SRnav's expression when khushi wears that sari
ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Hello, all.

New day and one less day to the reel world.

Jumped over a few spoiler bodies on. My way here. And of course I peeked.
Rain pyaar happened on Thursday.
Our dhaiyya ho is back to handle his binbag.
And 6 months happen which means more roothna manaana.
I don't know whether to be happy or sad for this.. but I look forward..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

suhanamausamashwink630NewbiesoapfanPr1yanka

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Moksha51

Good morning/afternoon/evening ladkiyon!

What's gup shup? New shart I see Tongue   Hmm.. Where shall I bet.. Gul's googly is not an option on this one... That's usually a safe bet Wink

Is the hangout still a spoiler free zone?

Payal face?

Go to top