Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout: Sharthwa ve on pg103 (Page 129)

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

Originally posted by soapsuds

6 months over? third trimester and no bump? then why the tea and sympathy?...

Sheila I know u r still batting for Anj...and in my head I agree...but what I see on screen doesn't evoke that emotion...which just means they r not getting it right...

Give that one up, Biraj... it's all by exposition. They tell us, we buy it! Tongue

I'm still feeling for her, Biraj... I've watched someone go thru something similar - it was brutal and there were times we all wanted to bop her over the head, but we held it together. It took months ---- our patience wore thin. I actually like how they're writing this - it's subtle, complex even. That's why we're getting so many different negative reactions. If they'd made her a snarling SIL, maami part 2 that would have pissed me off. I like ambiguity - I think it's true to life. Big smile

Maybe the execution is a problem, that's why most people are not feeling it. Daljeet is not an actress with a huge amount of range. 

Just catching up with the last few pages ...
Doc, I've seen people go through marriage break ups, and they keep it together far more, especially when they have kids ... have seen a woman lose her husband when her kids were 4 and 2 ... she lived outside India, and she couldn't return home, she had no maternal home or in-laws as back up support. This woman has everything ... she has the whole family with her, no financial worries, which counts for a LOT ... she has gotten enough hints, but has refused to put them together ... her only recollections are the wrong ones ... so I'm fast losing what patience I had with her. That and the lack of baby bump is what is killing it for me. If cv's want us to feel sorry for a pregnant abandoned woman, at least show her looking pregnant, for Gods sake!!!

Agree with your last line 100% ... DB is just not able to portray the range required ...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Pallavi-soapsudsPr1yanka

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:05am | IP Logged

Sharthwa Ve: Yeh Sari Baatein (YSB), Teej Special

This sharth is a Teej special and courtesy Vee. She's been duking it out in the boonies and is the only one I know of amongst us who will be fasting for her Arnav on Teej (ladeej, if there are others of you fasting on Teej speak up and be counted!) 

Vee, this sharthwa ve comes with a very special dedication to you, hope IPK and the masala ladkis help you get done asap and return to your Arnav. Hug

Teej last year brought a spectacular and memorable celebration on the show. This year Hariyali Teej is being celebrated on Sunday July 22(thanks, Vee!).

Hot words flew, anger boiled and frustration uncoiled when Arnav gave Khushi this gift

Will Khushi wear the pink sari for Arnav on Teej? 

Your options:

Koi shak? : But of course, dil se pati maan liya! Blushing 
                   Teej happens, Khushi is in pink sari for her saiyyan 

Nahin!: This sari like maa's chithi will languish in IPK's props closet Ouch
             Teej happens, Khushi fasts for saiyyan but NOT in a pink sari

Bwahaha: What Teej? Teej is only off screen this year yaaron! Evil Smile
                  Teej happens only in SKD (sapnon ki duniya) NOT on the show!

Jumanas: 
ONLY IF YOU WANT TO PAY - NO COERCION!!!!!!
DO IT FOR YOU, DON'T DO IT FOR ME Tongue

Koi Shak: If you lose, tell us which was your favorite Khushi fainting sequence (apart from the Teej one last year) and why.  

Nah!: If you lose, tell us when the CVs missed a money shot swoon worthy Rabba Ve by not having Khushi faint. 

Bwahahaha: If you lose, tell us about an event/festival the show ought to have used/use in the story to create some excitement and fun. 

The Players: 
Koi Shak: Mona Darrling, Rag1ni, Bop, Savs, Vee, Ippy, Joey, Mandy, Sci-Payal,  Maggie, chatterbug, payal
Nah!: Mona Darrling, Docgirl, Biraj
Bwahahaha: Mona Darrling, J, Israt, Ratna, Paarijat, howcome, sarada

Mona Darrling, you HAVE TO, HAVE TO win this one. Hug I love you dearly but I don't viswaas you to make the winning choice. Wink So here's my solution! Evil Smile 

Lagi Sharth? 

Found this ... Put me down for Koi Shak ... eternal optimist! LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsuds

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Sheila I know u r still batting for Anj...and in my head I agree...but what I see on screen doesn't evoke that emotion...which just means they r not getting it right...

Give that one up, Biraj... it's all by exposition. They tell us, we buy it! Tongue

I'm still feeling for her, Biraj... I've watched someone go thru something similar - it was brutal and there were times we all wanted to bop her over the head, but we held it together. It took months ---- our patience wore thin. I actually like how they're writing this - it's subtle, complex even. That's why we're getting so many different negative reactions. If they'd made her a snarling SIL, maami part 2 that would have pissed me off. I like ambiguity - I think it's true to life. Big smile

Maybe the execution is a problem, that's why most people are not feeling it. Daljeet is not an actress with a huge amount of range. 

Doc, I've seen people go through marriage break ups, and they keep it together far more, especially when they have kids ... have seen a woman lose her husband when her kids were 4 and 2 ... she lived outside India, and she couldn't return home, she had no maternal home or in-laws as back up support. This woman has everything ... she has the whole family with her, no financial worries, which counts for a LOT ... she has gotten enough hints, but has refused to put them together ... her only recollections are the wrong ones ... so I'm fast losing what patience I had with her. That and the lack of baby bump is what is killing it for me. If cv's want us to feel sorry for a pregnant abandoned woman, at least show her looking pregnant, for Gods sake!!!

Agree with your last line 100% ... DB is just not able to portray the range required ...

I agree with u Diya...I am fast losing patience with Anj...and I was predisposed to being empathetic to begin with...but the way she comes across is not working for me...I keep trying to remind myself of her circumstances, of all she has been through, of grieving time and giving her time to heal...and in my head I kinda get that...but when I see it on screen watching her...what I feel is annoyance...so for me its not working...its more like I want to feel for her but am not quite able to...

I think they should make up their minds about how they want to go with Anj and portray it accordingly...this is not working...I am ok with Anj going grey if thats the story they r telling...just go ahead and show it...and the baby bump too...if the 6 months are almost up...then for chrisake she is in her third trimester...

At the moment all my sympathy goes to khushi for the situation that she is trapped in and some to Arnie for the fix he is in...not much to spare of Anj if she is portrayed like this...

And mami and akash are annoying the hell out of me...mami's character has so much potential to be potrayed differently...I loved her in the manorama Bond avatar...she was totally in character even then but had interesting shades...this present MIL caricature just gets on my nerves...what a waste of a character and an actor who can do so much...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Pallavi-DiyaS

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bobop

Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Have to go now... bye... have an exam :-(

Think about Arnav however... Di ke liye -- mandir satsang !
Khushi ke liye -- fast -- why not? Also this could be one of the 101 ways to manaofy biwi!

all the best..u r also a doc..right'which exam..if u dont mind sharing??

No doc ... I am not a doc! I am a techie... am doing an advanced program in management -- so have classes on sat and sun and exams every month!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630Pr1yanka

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:20am | IP Logged

Sharthwa Ve: Yeh Sari Baatein (YSB), Teej Special

This sharth is a Teej special and courtesy Vee. She's been duking it out in the boonies and is the only one I know of amongst us who will be fasting for her Arnav on Teej (ladeej, if there are others of you fasting on Teej speak up and be counted!) 

Vee, this sharthwa ve comes with a very special dedication to you, hope IPK and the masala ladkis help you get done asap and return to your Arnav. Hug

Teej last year brought a spectacular and memorable celebration on the show. This year Hariyali Teej is being celebrated on Sunday July 22(thanks, Vee!).

Hot words flew, anger boiled and frustration uncoiled when Arnav gave Khushi this gift

Will Khushi wear the pink sari for Arnav on Teej? 

Your options:

Koi shak? : But of course, dil se pati maan liya! Blushing 
                   Teej happens, Khushi is in pink sari for her saiyyan 

Nahin!: This sari like maa's chithi will languish in IPK's props closet Ouch
             Teej happens, Khushi fasts for saiyyan but NOT in a pink sari

Bwahaha: What Teej? Teej is only off screen this year yaaron! Evil Smile
                  Teej happens only in SKD (sapnon ki duniya) NOT on the show!

Jumanas: 
ONLY IF YOU WANT TO PAY - NO COERCION!!!!!!
DO IT FOR YOU, DON'T DO IT FOR ME Tongue

Koi Shak: If you lose, tell us which was your favorite Khushi fainting sequence (apart from the Teej one last year) and why.  

Nah!: If you lose, tell us when the CVs missed a money shot swoon worthy Rabba Ve by not having Khushi faint. 

Bwahahaha: If you lose, tell us about an event/festival the show ought to have used/use in the story to create some excitement and fun. 

The Players: 
Koi Shak: Mona Darrling, Rag1ni, Bop, Savs, Vee, Ippy, Joey, Mandy, Sci-Payal,  Maggie, chatterbug, payal
Nah!: Mona Darrling, Docgirl, Biraj
Bwahahaha: Mona Darrling, J, Israt, Ratna, Paarijat, howcome, sarada

Mona Darrling, you HAVE TO, HAVE TO win this one. Hug I love you dearly but I don't viswaas you to make the winning choice. Wink So here's my solution! Evil Smile 

Lagi Sharth? 

Found this ... Put me down for Koi Shak ... eternal optimist! LOL

One more sharth-- am luving it !! Am for Nah! She has to take the saree to GH!
-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged
TongueTongue

I agree with u Diya...I am fast losing patience with Anj...and I was predisposed to being empathetic to begin with...but the way she comes across is not working for me...I keep trying to remind myself of her circumstances, of all she has been through, of grieving time and giving her time to heal...and in my head I kinda get that...but when I see it on screen watching her...what I feel is annoyance...so for me its not working...its more like I want to feel for her but am not quite able to...

I think they should make up their minds about how they want to go with Anj and portray it accordingly...this is not working...I am ok with Anj going grey if thats the story they r telling...just go ahead and show it...and the baby bump too...if the 6 months are almost up...then for chrisake she is in her third trimester...

At the moment all my sympathy goes to khushi for the situation that she is trapped in and some to Arnie for the fix he is in...not much to spare of Anj if she is portrayed like this...

And mami and akash are annoying the hell out of me...mami's character has so much potential to be potrayed differently...I loved her in the manorama Bond avatar...she was totally in character even then but had interesting shades...this present MIL caricature just gets on my nerves...what a waste of a character and an actor who can do so much...

Anjali's pain is not seen because she is contradicting her own words - Through out the beginning of the serial she kept telling ASR about "Hosh ud jayenge" when he will meet his love. Though it is filmy, she gave an impression that one of her living maksad is to see her Chotey falling in love. 

But now Anjali doesn't have her husband, which is a big thing for any woman and mostly women like Anjali. Totally agree. Having a rich supporting family also doesn't compensate her loss. Because in reality, everyone becomes busy with their life and loneliness will kill Anji who as such is a dependent woman. 

However, the main problem is she is pure jealous that her brother has found his love and is happy with it. Then what is the meaning of those words which she kept telling initially? Does it mean that he can be happy only when she is happy, otherwise not? Which mother (considering ASR is her child) will actually think like this about her child? She is spoiling all the relations in that house and she is just not bothered. She wants everyone to be with her and mourn with her. Ok, even if we agree that it is just 3-4 days, I am sure she will make the atmosphere like this till she finds her Shyamji. So according to Anji everyone including her old-nani also has to suffer because she is suffering. Which shows that she is pure selfish and nothing beyond that. 

The problem is DB is also not doing a good job to attract sympathy factor. Her crying and going to satsangs doesn't evoke emotions in many of us. The dialogues given to her are also not helping. I remember a scene when Kushi talks to her DM before ASR-LA's engagement ceremony when ASR kept on torturing her emotionally by getting close to LA infront of Khushi knowingly. She was tormented inside, she was engaged to a person that time whom she doesn't love and the man whom she loves tortures her daily by his ego and attitude. She told DM that she just wants ASR-La engagement to be over and then she will get rid of all these feelings and worries. Then she asked her DM - "Aap hai na hamare saath?" - Such a beautiful scene - writing, screen play, Khushi's self-less nature and Sanaya everything clicked together. 

This is lacking with Anji - because she is doing the opposite. Going to satsangs/mandir and instead of telling god to be with her, she wants every one in the house to be with her and keep mourning. Where Khushi puts others' happiness before her's, Anji is putting her happiness before others. 

Viewers are comparing her with Khushi and sorry to say DB with Sanaya and hence most of us are not getting any sympathy for this woman. 

And GH's rants about "Didi ki saut" and the story is about Anjali and Arnav's relation also increasing the angry in viewers who watch the serial for Khushi-Arnav. 

The best is to show Anji as grey now. Redeem her later. We can hate her now and symathize with her later.  Good for the story, DB and viewers also Tongue

Edited by reguser - 22 July 2012 at 2:50am

ashwink630soapsudsPr1yankaDiyaS

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:58am | IP Logged
^^^
Exactly, reguser, the problem is in the way Anjali's loss is being shown. She seems more worried about the loss of her brother, rather than the loss of her husband when she HAS her brother, not one, but two, and her entire family ... her primary concern should have been about her husband, her baby's father ... and moved very slowly to the insecurity about her brother ...

I think a lot of the problem is in the writing. In their hurry to establish the insecurity about the loss of the brother/father figure, the writers have completely glossed over the loss of the husband factor, which is - or should be - the biggest issue, at the start, at least. First Anjali should have gone into shock, denial, grief ... Shyamji cannot do this, he can't be like this ... then doubts, why didn't he say anything, why hasn't he called me, then she could have gone into the 'Chotey didn't give him a chance, why did Chotey throw him out like this' ... and then she should have moved to 'Chotey didn't tell me anything, he didn't explain to me, he's hiding things from me' ...  and seeing Arnav with Khushi every time she wanted to ask him something ... and all this time we could have had some Arshi scenes, some more Payash, because they actually make more sense these days ... some scenes of Nani trying and failing to answer Anjali's questions ... and then slowly move to Anjali's insecurity about Chotey not being there to answer her questions, and not being there for her..

Moving straight from hubby being kicked out to being scared of losing her brother makes no sense ... especially as brother has been very much there ... it comes across as this very selfish attitude that "I'm sad, so the whole world should be sad" ... especially when all along she has been shown as the one who most wanted her brother to find true love in his life ... and was perfectly happy and delighted when he did ... see the Holi scenes ... and now suddenly she moves to 'you've changed since you fell in love?'
And if Anjali is purposely being shown as being selfish and weak, then the actress and scriptwriter and whoever else ... should not crib about viewer feedback ... we're seeing what you show us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630nancynair-Pallavi-soapsuds--Sari--.S.A.

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:12am | IP Logged

^^^
Exactly, reguser, the problem is in the way Anjali's loss is being shown. She seems more worried about the loss of her brother, rather than the loss of her husband when she HAS her brother, not one, but two, and her entire family ... her primary concern should have been about her husband, her baby's father ... and moved very slowly to the insecurity about her brother ...

I think a lot of the problem is in the writing. In their hurry to establish the insecurity about the loss of the brother/father figure, the writers have completely glossed over the loss of the husband factor, which is - or should be - the biggest issue, at the start, at least. First Anjali should have gone into shock, denial, grief ... Shyamji cannot do this, he can't be like this ... then doubts, why didn't he say anything, why hasn't he called me, then she could have gone into the 'Chotey didn't give him a chance, why did Chotey throw him out like this' ... and then she should have moved to 'Chotey didn't tell me anything, he didn't explain to me, he's hiding things from me' ...  and seeing Arnav with Khushi every time she wanted to ask him something ... and all this time we could have had some Arshi scenes, some more Payash, because they actually make more sense these days ... some scenes of Nani trying and failing to answer Anjali's questions ... and then slowly move to Anjali's insecurity about Chotey not being there to answer her questions, and not being there for her..

Moving straight from hubby being kicked out to being scared of losing her brother makes no sense ... especially as brother has been very much there ... it comes across as this very selfish attitude that "I'm sad, so the whole world should be sad" ... especially when all along she has been shown as the one who most wanted her brother to find true love in his life ... and was perfectly happy and delighted when he did ... see the Holi scenes ... and now suddenly she moves to 'you've changed since you fell in love?'
And if Anjali is purposely being shown as being selfish and weak, then the actress and scriptwriter and whoever else ... should not crib about viewer feedback ... we're seeing what you show us.

Exactly. 

If they want sympathy - slow transition would have been excellent. 

I don't know why they didn't take this path. It would have been great for DB because this is the time to show her potential as an actress, for viewers because we would have got Arnav-Khushi scenes uninterrupted. And finally when she shows her anger with her brother and Khushi, it would have been justified. After all, these two played God (especially ASR) to her which is not totally right irrespective of the fact whether she can take it or not. 

Edited by reguser - 22 July 2012 at 3:17am

ashwink630soapsudsNewbiesoapfanDiyaS

Go to top