Pratigya

7/20/12 episode

trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Well basically am glad to see Abhimanyu regain consciousness after the drama which occurred during his unconscious state.  Honestly, a beautiful face is a terrible thing to waste.  Am also glad for Shakuntala's sake because he is her only family in the world, and I don't think she deserves to lose him after all of the garbage dished out at her from SS' family.   

The fight that happened in the Kriya bedroom is expected.  Not fight, but disgreement.  Krishna feels she didn't support his brother.  But Pratigya feels she has to support the truth.  And I believe her when she said earlier had Shakti been innocent she would have supported him too. 

Back in the Maika, with the whole Saxena family, I think the Professor was rightly concerned about his daughter.  He knows what a wild bunch they are in the Niwas.  One daughter's husband is in jail, and the other is trapped with a load of illiterate people who aren't her family.  Exception Krishna Singh.  Komal yelling at her daughter is her being defensive because of her brother being in jail, and because of her own shame at being related to the lawyer.  She is in denial, so now she has to strike out.  Just like when the Prof said she should remarry and move on and she claimed she was happy with her memories of Adarsh.  Komal had absolutely no time during her visit to the hospital to call home and ask how her only child is, but she had all the time in the world to call her father's house and inform Shakti that the lawyer was going to live.  We get to see how really important Chinky is.  πŸ˜†   As for Komal running off in tears, I thought that was hogwash.  Because she doesn't care how she made Abhimanyu's mother cry in front of everyone and called her names, but she only feels sorry for herself.  Now that Adarsh is gone, it's time for her to revert back to Thakur-speak.  Like Merarai said, when people's buttons are pushed, they go back to their old character and Komal Singh Saxena is no exception. 

In the Niwas, I thought it was so cold and stupid how Kesar stopped Prats from feeding her son.  I mean come on, Prats is the boy's aunt can she not do anything with him?  Just because she wouldn't defend her murdering, physically abusive and arrogant husband, now she is enemy number one.  How soon we forget Kesar,  who exactly looked after your son when you were away from him?   Kesar's identity, now that she has one, is just a vase full of Thakur bakwas.  She has no values of her own apart from whatever the family believes.  She should clean up her own mouth. 

The last part when SS comes home, and his family are berating him for his behavior, I felt sorry for the guy.  He spent all night listening to his kids shouting and one of them threatening murder, then he gets to come home to his mother's lecture.   Am glad Ghanti Dadi decided to change from her puke yellow sari which didn't suit her much, but the dialogues coming from her mouth would make anyone sick.  SS and Pratigya are not trying to punish Shakti, but they can't protect him from the wheels of justice either.  Shakti never gets punished for anything, which makes him worse. 

When Krishna and Shakti finally come back, it was a disappointing turn of events.  Shakti as usual triumphs, and of course he gives SS his demands.  He is just worried about the property and wealth, not anything else.  Can Shakti just get a life?  If Samar turned out to be someone else's son, I have no doubt Shakti would have tried to kill him too.  SS not keeping Shakti out of jail is the biggest slap in the guy's face, worse than what he did previously.  I don't think Krishna did the right thing by bringing him back.  But I think it's more about the fact that he is so blinded by his own dislike of Abhimanyu than love for his brother.  It's easier to take his sibling's side than understand what SS is going through.  When the truth about the poison comes out, and I think it will, I am not sure Krishna will remain on Shakti's side.  I also find it very interesting that Shakti is upset about the shattering of a big vase, but he doesn't care about destroying far more expensive medical equipment used to save lives.  Only because the former is owned by his family. 

When Shakuntala came into the hall and had her things packed, it was kind of sad.  I felt for her because she never wanted to stay there in the first place, she just went along with her son's wishes.  I think it was a wise move on her part, because now the truth is out like Abhimanyu wanted, and no sane woman would want to stay in that place anyway.  A place that has the water shut off, the kitchen off-limits and the dining table also off-limits.  I bet she was missing the village the entire time and didn't want to say it to her son. 

The heart always listens to whatever it feels is right.  So Krishna's heart tells him one thing, Pratigya's heart another.  Kesar I think needs some medication.  SS also, is conflicted.  He can't ignore the charges against him by his three children, but he can't deny what he feels for his fourth child either.  The truth however, is this, Abhimanyu does not have any less right to live than any of his other offspring. 
I don't think the guy's using his father's bathroom, or teaching Samar pushups is a crime.  The only one thing he did wrong was his framing someone else, but again as another member said in her post, it was payback. 

To be frank, I am missing Chandu-Krishna scenes and basically anything funny, because it's hard to laugh at any of this track.  hopefully the cvs do something about it.  And of course, the hey hey hey theme would be nice, even if it's some flashback to the good old days.      

Star of the episode:  SS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suk4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Good review, Trina😊
Kesar's such a pain in the rear.  As well as the rest of the nautankis, we've got her attitude to put up with as well
Agree, we badly need some lighter, funny moments as a respite from all the family politics going on.

CrAzYRED thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
A little bit of lovey dovey can change a womanπŸ˜• never, Kesar's has always been like that, now we are getting to see the real Kesar. Edited by mia12 - 11 years ago
piyarapiyari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hmmm agree we need some funny and light moments bt seems cv,s r not in mood of giving anything like that so better enjoy that wht they r giving us !!!
And for me star of the episode was KST :))
Love-u-all thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Trina what a post to end the week, hat is off once again for you πŸ‘, you have beautifully summed up this flip-flopping story with a sharp and thoughtful review.

I am with you in hoping to see some lighter moments, some beautiful recaps from the good old past. πŸ‘πŸΌ

This is unarguably the best post of the day πŸ‘
Edited by PRAGMATIC - 11 years ago
trina_saras thumbnail
Originally posted by: PRAGMATIC

Trina what a post to end the week, hat is off once again for you πŸ‘, you have beautifully summed up this flip-flopping story with a sharp and thoughtful review.

I am with you in hoping to see some lighter moments, some beautiful recaps from the good old past. πŸ‘πŸΌ

This is unarguably the best post of the day πŸ‘

Thanks Pragmatic.  πŸ˜ƒ

I miss the theme tune so much, I am going to watch it on yt. 

abhiloveriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Very gud analysis...
hussainramso thumbnail
Great review Trina
The walk from her room to Baba must have been the longest walk of Shakuntla's life. All those hateful stares .. I felt horrible for her.
ssrbaqri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: trina_one

Well basically am glad to see Abhimanyu regain consciousness after the drama which occurred during his unconscious state.  Honestly, a beautiful face is a terrible thing to waste.  Am also glad for Shakuntala's sake because he is her only family in the world, and I don't think she deserves to lose him after all of the garbage dished out at her from SS' family.   

The fight that happened in the Kriya bedroom is expected.  Not fight, but disgreement.  Krishna feels she didn't support his brother.  But Pratigya feels she has to support the truth.  And I believe her when she said earlier had Shakti been innocent she would have supported him too. 

Back in the Maika, with the whole Saxena family, I think the Professor was rightly concerned about his daughter.  He knows what a wild bunch they are in the Niwas.  One daughter's husband is in jail, and the other is trapped with a load of illiterate people who aren't her family.  Exception Krishna Singh.  Komal yelling at her daughter is her being defensive because of her brother being in jail, and because of her own shame at being related to the lawyer.  She is in denial, so now she has to strike out.  Just like when the Prof said she should remarry and move on and she claimed she was happy with her memories of Adarsh.  Komal had absolutely no time during her visit to the hospital to call home and ask how her only child is, but she had all the time in the world to call her father's house and inform Shakti that the lawyer was going to live.  We get to see how really important Chinky is.  πŸ˜†   As for Komal running off in tears, I thought that was hogwash.  Because she doesn't care how she made Abhimanyu's mother cry in front of everyone and called her names, but she only feels sorry for herself.  Now that Adarsh is gone, it's time for her to revert back to Thakur-speak.  Like Merarai said, when people's buttons are pushed, they go back to their old character and Komal Singh Saxena is no exception. 

In the Niwas, I thought it was so cold and stupid how Kesar stopped Prats from feeding her son.  I mean come on, Prats is the boy's aunt can she not do anything with him?  Just because she wouldn't defend her murdering, physically abusive and arrogant husband, now she is enemy number one.  How soon we forget Kesar,  who exactly looked after your son when you were away from him?   Kesar's identity, now that she has one, is just a vase full of Thakur bakwas.  She has no values of her own apart from whatever the family believes.  She should clean up her own mouth. 

The last part when SS comes home, and his family are berating him for his behavior, I felt sorry for the guy.  He spent all night listening to his kids shouting and one of them threatening murder, then he gets to come home to his mother's lecture.   Am glad Ghanti Dadi decided to change from her puke yellow sari which didn't suit her much, but the dialogues coming from her mouth would make anyone sick.  SS and Pratigya are not trying to punish Shakti, but they can't protect him from the wheels of justice either.  Shakti never gets punished for anything, which makes him worse. 

When Krishna and Shakti finally come back, it was a disappointing turn of events.  Shakti as usual triumphs, and of course he gives SS his demands.  He is just worried about the property and wealth, not anything else.  Can Shakti just get a life?  If Samar turned out to be someone else's son, I have no doubt Shakti would have tried to kill him too.  SS not keeping Shakti out of jail is the biggest slap in the guy's face, worse than what he did previously.  I don't think Krishna did the right thing by bringing him back.  But I think it's more about the fact that he is so blinded by his own dislike of Abhimanyu than love for his brother.  It's easier to take his sibling's side than understand what SS is going through.  When the truth about the poison comes out, and I think it will, I am not sure Krishna will remain on Shakti's side.  I also find it very interesting that Shakti is upset about the shattering of a big vase, but he doesn't care about destroying far more expensive medical equipment used to save lives.  Only because the former is owned by his family. 

When Shakuntala came into the hall and had her things packed, it was kind of sad.  I felt for her because she never wanted to stay there in the first place, she just went along with her son's wishes.  I think it was a wise move on her part, because now the truth is out like Abhimanyu wanted, and no sane woman would want to stay in that place anyway.  A place that has the water shut off, the kitchen off-limits and the dining table also off-limits.  I bet she was missing the village the entire time and didn't want to say it to her son. 

The heart always listens to whatever it feels is right.  So Krishna's heart tells him one thing, Pratigya's heart another.  Kesar I think needs some medication.  SS also, is conflicted.  He can't ignore the charges against him by his three children, but he can't deny what he feels for his fourth child either.  The truth however, is this, Abhimanyu does not have any less right to live than any of his other offspring. 
I don't think the guy's using his father's bathroom, or teaching Samar pushups is a crime.  The only one thing he did wrong was his framing someone else, but again as another member said in her post, it was payback. 

To be frank, I am missing Chandu-Krishna scenes and basically anything funny, because it's hard to laugh at any of this track.  hopefully the cvs do something about it.  And of course, the hey hey hey theme would be nice, even if it's some flashback to the good old days.      

Star of the episode:  SS

Beautiful review as usual.
@red: Professor is right if he thinks the people at TN r a wild bunch. Who else would know their wild ways better than the person who has been insulted & kicked out of the mansion umpteen number of times. I feel like renaming TN as JN (i.e; Jahil Juglees' niwas). πŸ˜ƒ 
Komal's absurdities r on the rise & it makes me pity at the li'l Chinky...that unfortunate girl definitely deserved a better mother. 
trina_saras thumbnail
I agree with you ssr, Chinky definitely deserves a better mother than Komal and her cousin deserves a better one than Kesar. 

The only reason Samar is so well-behaved is because Prats and Krishna have served as surrogate parents, teaching him real values.   Shakti would mold him in his own pathetic image as a controller and negator of other people.  I shudder to think what would happen to the two if they didn't have the influence of the Saxenas aside from their parents.