reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arisai

Originally posted by V323

From one booklover to anotherStar
I know right?

I don't have french as an add on subject... so that is when my cousins came to rescue!LOL

Yep. When I first heard about it... I was like bloody hell!! That mother f**king sonofabitch!

But as I read the story, I found I could... you know... understand him. Not forgive him. Maybe not even ever allow sympathy to creep into my heart for him... because the way I see it... Humbert was as much to blame as Lolita. In a way. I didn't HATE Humbert. But no... his desperation to soothe his conscience was indeed... disturbing. Very disturbing.

I know what you mean. Its like picking off a particularly HUGE scab, if you can relate. Like... you want to peel it off, and you do peel it off, but when you do it HURTS.  

ooohhh Svengali!! I... I... I LOVE IT!!! Like OHMAYYGOSH!!! What an absolutely brilliant concept. What I find intriguing is that in both Tainted and Svengali, Khushi is shown as an innocent girl, until the big bad world gets her. And then she changes. For better or for worse, that is for you to write and for me to readWink

I'm guessing you had a great trip?

-V

I've been trying to keep up with my fiction reading in between all the medical books I'm reading now (though a lot of Doctors write hilariously- Confessions of a GP cracks me up every few pages and I'm currently ploughing through The Emperor of All Maladies- sounds a little Mulan, is in fact about the fight against cancer). I LERRVV BEERRKSS (if that made sense to you PLUS ONE, if it didn't, you're a normal human being and have not heard of the ERMAGERD I LERV BERKS/ GERSBERMPS meme) LOL

Yeah. I find that I really like all my characters, regardless of how messed up and just plain twisted they are (ngl though, I genuinely despised Shyam from Intoxicated because he wasn't a grey character- he was all black...) because it makes them more interesting for me to write. I love getting inside their heads- though as they are all figments of my imagination- not entirely sure what this says about me.

I'm glad you enjoy my writing. Genuinely- whenever people compliment me on it, I'm at a bit of a loss for words. Svengali is planned out in my head entirely- I know exactly where it's going, but getting the images in my head into words is proving harder than I thought as it's such a precarious topic I have to be careful. Tainted has certain key turning points that I want to reveal straight away but know I need to pace it. Something I've known since Chapter Two probably won't be revealed to readers until near the end and it's KILLING ME AND I WANT TO TELL SOMEBODY BUT I CAN'T LOL

My trip was BEYOND incredible. I'm so sad it's over. Seriously, if you ever get the chance- DEFINITELY go. It's very couple-friendly btw. :') Relationships are a massive deal there.

I javen't hear of confessions of a GP... and BERRRKKKSS... I guess it makes me a normal human?

I know what you mean. I'm writing a story on the forum Glass... which is basically MY spin off after the Shyam exposure...and ohmayygoodd!! It is SO difficult trying to write what is on your head! Like shit scary. Like all these thoughts, they are tango-ing away and you're like... TANGO ON THE DAMN LAPTOP, lol!

I know what you mean. In Glass, Shyam has the oedipus complex.. (though how it is related to Khushi.. that is too complicated to explain right now) and sometimes, I catch myself trying to think like him, so that I can make the update more... shall we call it true to the character?

I like all my characters too. Because yeah, I kind of accepted that they are humans... and humans have there flaws and strengths. You can;t make a character all superman, JUST because. :D

You're not wierd. Because I try to think like my characters... and I'm vain enough to think I am not wierd.

You do medical? OHMAYYGOSH!! you are brave. Can't stand blood... I can read it, write about it... but when I see it... RUN FOREST RUN!! LOL

Korea sounds fun. Couples only?? #rushes off to dial on her phone.

-V 

.nirvana. IF-Sizzlerz
.nirvana.
.nirvana.

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:35am | IP Logged
wow kushi is in love with arnav...
so they finally did it!!!
loved it...cant wait for next...
PersieV IF-Rockerz
PersieV
PersieV

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
I PLAN TO INTRUDE HERE 

AND JUST 

SAY 

SUP BLADRIN

I SPENT MY WHOLE DAY IN THE STUPID NATWEST BANK WITH THIS SEXY HUNK WHO SERVED ME 

LOL
arhifrvr Senior Member
arhifrvr
arhifrvr

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged
ohkayyy... This definitely puts my mind to rest... Khushi did certainly fall for arnav atleast in the I future... =D
ChocoDamon Senior Member
ChocoDamon
ChocoDamon

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:04am | IP Logged
wow... that was simply "wow"...
sorry for my lack of more proficient vocabulary... but you are one heck of a writer... absolutely amazing!!! 
snoopy84 IF-Sizzlerz
snoopy84
snoopy84

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Great update seems like Khushi is getting more deeper by each chapter. Love how clever she is and how she converses with the doctor.
Also i have now ordered Lolita and will give it a read as im intrigued by your mention of it.
__blossom__ IF-Dazzler
__blossom__
__blossom__

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Amazing!!!!!!
Khushi is so complicated!!!! but I dont know wat's in her...I love her...spl in this fic...she's a bomb Wink
great update...she actually did that for nk...and she thinks she was already in love with Arnav...wow!!!
Me likey :)
damonzlady Goldie
damonzlady
damonzlady

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
waited sooo long for this update!awesome update!it gets better with every 
update if such a thing is even possible as it has always been awesome 
from the very first chapter!Clap

Go to top