gatheringstorm

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Wow...this has gotta be the most intriguing take on Khushi ever

Edited by shar1988 - 05 September 2012 at 7:07am

dumas IF-Stunnerz
dumas
dumas

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:29am | IP Logged
may be i am bad but i laugh through this whole update loved how he gave her a choice and the count down was hilarious he her getting her problem fix was  just bloody cute thanks fo r the pm awesome update thanks for a rocking update

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Just wanted to let you know that you've got a serious fan here :)
Mrs_Darcy_17 IF-Sizzlerz
Mrs_Darcy_17
Mrs_Darcy_17

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:49am | IP Logged
wow!! update

this khushi leaves no chance to surprise meSmile

n must say, u'r a brilliant writer
arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by preetihere

Oh an update!

Edit:
My heart is beating in my mouth , i thought she would RUN! Phew!
Already in love with ASR and didn't know it?  hmmm so there is going to be a torrid love story after this! This Khushi is so complicated...she walks into Lavanya's world by choice, runs away from Arnav at first then offers herself...oh my ! What next?!

ps: hope u enjoyed ur hols!
I have bookmarked all the stories to read up someday ...is it too complex the books u quote from coz i may not be able to understand...i have read Jane Eyre and Count of Monte Cristo though!

Haha, it will be torrid and there will be love- not sure if it'll be a typical love story though. I hope you enjoy it nonetheless :)

I did indeed enjoy my holidays. The books I quote from vary in language and writing styles as well as complexity but if you've read Jane Eyre and Count of Monte Cristo, then I think the ones so far are fine. Though some books, like Lolita, take a lot of effort whatever level you're at. I had to spend a long time on it to understand properly as Humbert tends to ramble a lot. Definitely worth it though.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

preetihere

amritab Senior Member
amritab
amritab

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:50am | IP Logged
I'm not sure how to feel about her - the clinical manner in which she describes the loss of her virginity, the emotion she infuses in her discussion of her decision to move forward with Arnav, the throw away sentiment of her possible love for Arnav - she is in fact an unreliable narrator.

Great chapter - engrossing!
reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arisai

Originally posted by V323

R

Rafa!!!

First things first- Lolilta. I am in absolute love with that book. It was a profoundly eye opening read, and it made me want to open up to new ideas.

If my opinion counts... after Lolita's mother dies, Humbert and Lolita had no blood relation. They were free to do as they chose. And I agree. Humbert can hardly be called a reliable narrator. And somehow, the book didn't seem too scandalous to me. And to boot off, the book was funny.

Second thing... I'm second. LOL 

This was another beautiful chapter Rafa! WOW!! Khushi... the other day... I was showering and thinking about when you'd update next.

Khushi is such a complicated character. I can feel the doctor's desperation to unravel her growing on me. Like... I read one chapter and then I'm like... what next! what next! WHAT NEXT??///  Dude. The games you play with my heart! I'll die.

Are you back from Korea, just btw?

-V

Oh dear- you have engaged me in a talk about literature. Prepare to suffer the consequences woman ;)

I expected what everyone does before they actually read the book, to hate Humbert and pity Lolita- but Lolita was FAR more devious and twisted a character than I thought she'd be and at times, it got to the point where I actually pitied Humbert how easily he was being manipulated by his little nymphet. Hah yes, it was funny- except ngl, my A* in GCSE French was clearly not down to long-term memory as I had to look up a lot of the random French in it.  I thought the relationship was uncomfortable just because she was 12, I'm fine with bigger age gaps provided both of the people involved are of age. And I feel like, because Humbert acknowledges that what he does is wrong- you kind of... I don't know, you don't forgive him or sympathise- but you understand him. And that's kind of what I feel is the most disturbing aspect of the book.

It's different to the feeling of reading something like Suskind's Perfume when you hate the character but read on because his desperation and justification of what he does is fascinating, despite the fact that you yourself don't understand at all.

Haha thanks. I didn't update this while I was in Korea because I just didn't have the time and also Svengali was eating away at my head too much. LOL Yes indeed I am back- after what ended up being 43 hours of travelling (Jeju to Gimpo, Gimpo to Incheon, Incheon to Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi to Heathrow, Heathrow to Cambridge, Cambridge to Hull- with up to six hour waits in between) I have returned.  

From one booklover to anotherStar
I know right?

I don't have french as an add on subject... so that is when my cousins came to rescue!LOL

Yep. When I first heard about it... I was like bloody hell!! That mother f**king sonofabitch!

But as I read the story, I found I could... you know... understand him. Not forgive him. Maybe not even ever allow sympathy to creep into my heart for him... because the way I see it... Humbert was as much to blame as Lolita. In a way. I didn't HATE Humbert. But no... his desperation to soothe his conscience was indeed... disturbing. Very disturbing.

I know what you mean. Its like picking off a particularly HUGE scab, if you can relate. Like... you want to peel it off, and you do peel it off, but when you do it HURTS.  

ooohhh Svengali!! I... I... I LOVE IT!!! Like OHMAYYGOSH!!! What an absolutely brilliant concept. What I find intriguing is that in both Tainted and Svengali, Khushi is shown as an innocent girl, until the big bad world gets her. And then she changes. For better or for worse, that is for you to write and for me to readWink

I'm guessing you had a great trip?

-V
zuaireah Senior Member
zuaireah
zuaireah

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Oh my...Khushi is a hell of a lot calculative and gutsy...She reminds me of the Evil queen from Once Upon a Time... Loved the update

Go to top