-Life and it's ways- FF - Chapter 28 (pg 49) - Page 12

Posted: 11 years ago

Chapter 12
- - - -
"Sshh...I think they're waking up" he heard someone whisper. Uday opened his eyes, Jai and Unnati, both were staring at him. He opened his eyes wider, and felt something shift underneath him. He sat up straight, and beside him Manyatha woke up. "Awww! That was so cute" Jai giggled. Uday rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, "What do you mean?" he asked. Manyatha yawned beside him, "Yea what do you mean?". Jai showed them her phone, it was a picture of both of them asleep, Manyatha was leaning on Uday, with her head on his shoulder, and Uday had his head on hers. "Delete that Jai!" Manyatha tried to take the phone from her. Jai laughed and ran out of the bus, Unnati was close on her heels. The only person left in the bus was Seema. "Yuvrani Sa I tried to wake you" she said. Manyatha shook her head, "It's okay". Seema nodded and moved towards the exit, she stopped and waited for Manyatha. Manyatha got up to get past Uday, and at the same time Uday was standing up too. They had a collision and ended up falling back onto the seats, Manyatha on Uday. The two looked at each other sleepily, "Sorry Uday" Manyatha muttered. "It's okay" he answered with a yawn. The two dragged themselves outside, "Morning Royals!" an middle aged man shouted popping up beside Uday. "Oh, hello Mr. Gill" Manyatha greeted him. "Hello! Shello after! I want you two refreshed and ready in ten minutes!" he clapped. "What why?! We just got here!" Uday argued. "Nuh-uh! You two woke up late, all of you arrived an hour ago! It's7:55am!Hurry! Everyone else is ready! We are going for a hike!" Mr. Gill explained. Manyatha sighed, "Okay Mr. Gill, but where are our cabins?" she asked. Mr. Gill pointed to two fancy wooden cabins, "The right one is for Princesses and the left for Princes". Manyatha stretched, "Okay see you in a few minutes" and began to walk away. Uday was still confused, "I thought his was a picnic, it feels more like a camp!". Manyatha laughed, "When we first came here that's what we thought, Mr. Gill did that on purpose, he named his camp Picnic, but trust me it's really fun here" she said smiling. Uday was still unconvinced. They split up and went to their cabins. Exactly ten minutes later they stepped out, Manyatha was wearing khaki capris with a white full sleeve shirt and runners. Uday was wearing shorts and black puma t-shirt with runners too. They met up with everyone else and the edge of the forest. Jai was wearing short-shorts and a tank-top with flip flops, and Unnati was wearing sweats with a hoodie and boots. The twins were wearing black shorts and runners, but Sushant had a shirt with Mario on it, and Dilip a shirt with Sonic printed onto it. Rajveer was wearing something that looked like what Uday was wearing, black shirt, shorts, but he was wearing sandals*. "We will be hiking to the top of that cliff" Mr.Gill pointed upwards. Manyatha looked up and to her it looked like a slanted pointy rock, and to Uday, it looked like a place where Rajveer could harm Manyatha, he glared at Rajveer, who casually looked at him and rolled his eyes.

The hike was peaceful, the air was nice and pollution free, everyone was enjoying themselves except for Manyatha. Her head felt heavy, and every step she took sapped her strength. Uday had drifted off from the group, and was now following Manyatha, incase Rajveer decided to do something. Finally at one point Manyatha collapsed, but Uday was there to catch her. He caught her just before she hit the ground, he crouched and shifted his position so that now he was crouching on one knee, and at the same time cradling Manyatha in his arms. "What happened?!" he asked. Manyatha moaned, "Haven't eaten anything". "Then why didn't you say so!" Uday shouted exasperated. "Mmmhf" she mumbled. Manyatha tried to stand up but failed, she ended up falling back on Uday. "We have to get you back to the cabins!" Uday said. Manyatha shook her head, "I want to get to the cliff!". "Why?" Uday was confused. She smiled and reached out her hand, she patted his cheek, "I want to show you something". "How will you get there?" he asked. She shrugged and pulled back her hand. Which left Uday again disappointed, for once it was Manyatha showing her affection. WAIT! Manyatha showing her affection, Uday squinted at her, did Manaytha have feelings for him? He'd get Unnati and Jai to find out. Manyatha again tried to stand up, and once again fell onto Uday. Uday smirked, "Your in no shape to walk, I'll carry you". Manyatha didn't struggled, she was happy to have some support. The rest of the hike only took fifteen minutes, both Uday and Manyatha enjoyed every second of it! Even though they didn't show it. By the time they reached the cliff, everyone else was already scattered along it, looking down at the ocean and clicking pictures. He set Manyatha down on a large rock, "I might have a granola bar in my pocket" Uday muttered pulling one out. He gave it to Manyatha who scarfed it down. "Now what did you want to show me?" he asked. Manyatha looked confused, "Huh? Oh I thought you were Rajveer" she laughed. Uday abruptly stood up, "What?!". "Just Kidding!" she giggled. Manyatha stretched out her legs, "Come on I'll show you" she grabbed his hand and pulled him along. They passed Dilip and Sushant who were arguing about what would happen if they pushed their nannies in the ocean, and their Nannies were standing off to a side, trying to call their parents. "EXCUSE ME!" Mr. Gill shouted. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. "My camp is electronics free! So I'd like everyone's phones and other devices here!" he held up a big brown basket. They all let out groans and threw their expensive cells in the basket. "Good! Now, you have exactly five minutes to enjoy the splendors of The Cliff! Then we leave, with or without you!" Mr. Gill shouted over the voices that complained about their cells. Manyatha began to drag Uday, "Hurry!". "How can he be so blunt! We're royals we could shut down his business!" Uday muttered. "That's why everyone respects him so much! He's straight forward and not a suck-up!" Manyatha smiled. Uday still didn't like him. Manyatha brought him back to the forest, "We just came from here!" Uday sighed. "Stop complaining!" she pushed him thought the bushes. Uday stumbled for a bit and then stopped, he was awe-struck. This was another cliff, but not so high up like the other one. Around it was the ocean, nice and calm, it was a turquoise blue colour, the water shimmered in the sunlight. The waves lapped at the white sand and rocks, "Woww..." was all that came out of his mouth. "I call it 'Me, Myself and I'" Manyatha came and stood beside him. "Why?" he asked. "For the first few years I was the only one to come here, and I needed a name for it, so thats what I came up with it, your the only other person whose seen it before" she smiled. Uday walked to the edge of the cliff and sat down. Manyatha sat down beside him, "Speechless, am I right?" she laughed softly. He nodded, "Am I really the only other person that's seen this?" he asked. "No, there was Rajveer!" Manyatha poked his arm. He shot her a glare, "I'm joking!" she giggled uncontrollably. Uday relaxed, "Why do you always get angry when I mention him?" asked Manyatha. Uday let out a sigh, "Do you remember when you broke your arm?".
"Yea?" she answered.
"He's the one who pushed you down the stairs".
"What?!" Manyatha was shocked.
"And the time you got food poisoning...he's the one who had switched your sandwich with a moldy one" Uday explained. "But all I remember his him twisting my-" Manyatha began to speak but stopped. "He twisted your what?" Uday turned to face her. "Uh...Nothing" Manyatha grumbled.
"Tell me what happened?" urged Uday.
She slowly explained everything, Uday was furious. "How dare he!" he got up. "Look Uday! Just forgive and forget! We've grown up now! He must've changed!" Manyatha pulled him back down. "You haven't seen his true form Manyatha!" Uday exclaimed. "Uday! Your too paranoid!" Manyatha shook her head. It was quiet again, "Why'd you bring me here?" Uday questioned. "Well...you see..." Manyatha was having a hard time explaining. "You're in love with me! I knew it" Uday smirked. Manyatha slapped his arm, "No! I've had only a handful of friends over the years, maybe it because I'm a princess or maybe because I'm not stuck-up like the other princesses, they've always ridiculed me! So if I had friends they'd only be for a few days or months, but you, ever since we were little you've been my best friend, even when I didn't remember you! After we met at first you were really annoying and ignorant, selfish, stuck-up, full of it...", Uday laughed and interrupted her, "Okay, Okay I get it!". Manyatha smiled and continued talking, "But when we became friends, and I looked past that and realized, you're less annoying then I thought" she giggled. Uday laughed with her, then it became quiet again. Uday had a goofy smile plastered on to his face, and Manyatha a small shy one. They sat there for who knows how long and dipped their toes into the cool water. Uday was fully enjoying himself, the ocean breeze caressed his skin, and for the first time, in a long time, he was at peace. Manyatha cleared her throat, "Uday, what time is it?". Uday looked down at his watch. "9:45, why?". Manyatha freaked out, "FIVE MINUTES! WE'VE BEEN HERE FOR HALF AN HOUR!". They both looked at each other, Manyatha looked horrified and Uday looked confused at seeing her reaction. "So? We can just use the pass that we came through". "Uday there's hundreds of different paths here! He always uses a different one, you never know where one path is going to lead" Manyatha replied. Uday shrugged, "Okay, let's get going". They both got up and walked back through the bushes, the sun was beating down, they covered their eyes and looked around. They saw two figures sitting on some rocks. "WE'RE LOST!" sobbed the one in red. "I WANT MANNU!" cried the one in blue. Manyatha and Uday looked at each other, "The twins!" they shouted. Both of them ran to the crying twins, "I WANT YUVI!" wailed Sushant. "Sushant, Dilip why are you here?!" Manyatha and Uday bent down infront of them. The twins hugged them and cried, "We told the mean man to wait for you guys but he said 'NO', so we snuck away to look for you two!". "That was sweet of you guys, but it was dangerous" Manyatha smiled sweetly at them. Uday picked up a sniffling Sushant and Manyatha picked up a still crying Dilip, "Let's see of we can find our way back" Uday suggested, Manyatha nodded. Dilip and Sushant were still sobbing silently as they entered the forest. After a while they were both smiling and teasing each other, at one point they got so annoyed with each other that they wouldn't talk. "Uday! We've been walking for God knows how long" Manyatha moaned. Uday was getting frustrated, "I'm doing my best aren't I?". "Do better!!" she snapped. That's how their argument started, the twins were put down, sleeves (well...Manyathas sleeves) were rolled up, and the words started flying. The twins watched in awe, they learnt some new vocabulary. At the height of the argument, Uday turned and stormed away, and then Manyatha let out a frustrated scream and stomped the other way. "You go after Mannu, I'll go after Yuvi" Sushant got up and started walking. It was time for the Twin Cupids to do their work.

*some of you may have laughed at the fact Rajveer was wearing sandals, by that I meant guy sandals πŸ˜› I actually hesitated adding that in there hehe

*,<3,~

Precap- It growled at them, Sushant tried to wake Uday, "Uth jao Yuvi!! Please!" Sushant sobbed, there was no response from Uday.
Fabulous Updates! Today It Was A treat Cause Double Updates! Loved Jealous Uday! Precap Is Dammm Scary! Ty 4 d pm & Update as Soon As Possible! 
uday and m's chating was soo romnticcc,hayeee!!!!!!!! and their sittng togethrrr,suprb!!!!!!!! uday her bst frnd,mre thand frnds evrythng!!!!!!!!πŸ˜‰ 2updates jst loveed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awww...ch chweet luved those twins!!
WOWW IT WAS SO CUTE N MANVEER ARGUMENT HAYEE...N  their conversation was too funny.i loved it plz upd8 soon
awesome very nice thanks for the double update and precap is scary please update soon
sorry for the late reply.n loved it yaar.n what a precap yaar damn scary.cont soonn n thanks for tje pm.
read all the chapters in a row...luvd themπŸ€—...can't w8 for more lovely updates...please pm me the next time
mind blowing update and thankx 4 double update ...precap is too scary plz  do cont soon and thankx 4 pm
very nice. loved uday manyta  convo.OMG! precap is scary.