India-Forums

Dekha Ek Khwaab
Dekha Ek Khwaab

IDEA: Let's save DEK

purple2398 Newbie
purple2398
purple2398

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Well, we all know shooting is ending on July 23rd. We're not getting an extension, or even a marriage. We need to join our efforts. United we stand, divided we fall. However, we have to be reasonable. We should ask them for 1-2 extra weeks of Dekha ek Khwab, and that's it. If you support this, I will write an email and you all can sign your names. If we get a full list of names, they might get convinced because we're not asking for too much.

So what do you say? 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

kimybabarpearls88aaaaaaaaaFutbol_queenSunshinegirllrocker12ilvuday..IshqShava.....navina...-BerryCharm-

Inkpen4877 Goldie
Inkpen4877
Inkpen4877

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by purple2398

Well, we all know shooting is ending on July 23rd. We're not getting an extension, or even a marriage. We need to join our efforts. United we stand, divided we fall. However, we have to be reasonable. We should ask them for 1-2 extra weeks of Dekha ek Khwab, and that's it. If you support this, I will write an email and you all can sign your names. If we get a full list of names, they might get convinced because we're not asking for too much.

So what do you say? 

At this point I am willing to do anything...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Futbol_queen

Futbol_queen Senior Member
Futbol_queen
Futbol_queen

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Im with you

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

allseasonrain

ilvuday Goldie
ilvuday
ilvuday

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
count me in u need help i will draft the mail.just lemme noe.buh i feel calling is better.mails can be ignord calls cant
purple2398 Newbie
purple2398
purple2398

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Okay! Then what are waiting for. 

Here's the first draft. Make as many changes as you want. 

Dear anyone affiliated with Dekha ek Khwab: cast, producers, writers, etc.,

We have sent emails, calls, tweets, and have tried and tried. We have been ignored, but now we will not lose hope. We are willing to seek a compromise if you are. We don't want a three month extension or a different time slot because we know that it is not happening. All we want is a 1-2 week extension, and we want you to delay the new show until 1-2 weeks. After that, we will be content because we will know that SONY listened to their fans. This is not just one fan speaking but many more.

This is where you would sign your names.

Also, here is the email I previously sent. It took me a long time, and I sent it at 1 am in America so that SONY would receive it at 10:30 am in India because that's when their shooting starts. 

Dear anyone affiliated with Dekha ek Khwab: cast, producers, writers, etc.,

Please do not end Dekha ek Khwab on August 2nd. I and many others will be very unhappy if there is a rushed ending because if the show ends on August 2nd, then there will be only 10 episodes left. From the articles I have read, it seems as if SONY is ending the show due to low TRPs but looking at the television rankings, Dekha ek Khwab seems to have been doing well these past few weeks. If shows like Kuch Toh Log Kahenge can have a time slot change, then why not Dekha ek Khwab? How are you planning to show all these events that ManVeer fans have been dreaming of in 10 episodes? If you go on India forums, you can see the frustration that people have with this show ending. You can look at the number of fan fictions and what people are anticipating. Why can't you give Dekha ek Khwab a chance? I have noticed that on the weekdays, the omnibus of shows are from 9 am -1 pm. Then there is a movie from 1-4 pm. Then the omnibus starts again till 8 pm. Usually
the movie ends close to 3:30, and then Snapshot or some songs show. Why can't you restart the omnibus at 3:30 and show Dekha ek Khwab at 7:30? Another alternative would be to start the omnibus at 8:30 am so that everything is half an hour earlier, and then you can show Dekha ek Khwab at 7:30 pm. 

Fans will definitely watch this show at 7:30, and if (by chance) THEN TRP's are consistently low, then you have every right to axe the show. However, if you change the time slot to 7:30 pm, then the fans of Dekha ek Khwab will have a motivation to spread the show to others because they will know that SONY is trying to listen to their fans. In return, the fans will also try to support this new time slot. I already have tried to get more people to watch Dekha ek Khwab. Since I live in America, I have gotten all my Indian friends in the community to watch it. They said that if the show gets moved to 7:30, they will still continue to watch it. I even encouraged my CHINESE friend to watch it because she has an SONY as part of her Asian package for her TV. She watches it every single day, and then she reads the written episode to understand the show. THIS IS CALLED DESPERATE MEASURES. I am just one fan. Imagine how far millions of fans can go. 

Personally, I would be very disappointed if Dekha ek Khwab ended on August 2nd because this show has only been airing for 8 months. I am 13 and I live in America. In America, the education system is quite different. Elementary school is from Standard 1 to Standard 8. At the end of Standard 8, we have a series of exams from May-June similar to the 10th Board Exams. Then from Standard 9- Standard 12, students go to high school and then to college. Also, our vacation is from the middle of June till the beginning of September. I am currently on vacation and have just finished Standard 8. During May and June, I went through a lot of exam stress, and always, Dekha ek Khwab would make me feel relaxed. That would be the only time in the day when I wouldn't think of my exams. Thank you for keeping me entertained and relaxed every single day for that half an hour. Another reason why I am disappointed is because I am visiting India from August 8th to August
29th, and I wanted to see the shooting of Dekha ek Khwab, but if you end it on August 2nd, then I will never get the chance. 

In conclusion, I believe that Dekha ek Khwab should continue because now the TRP's are quite high, and there are solutions. Dekha ek Khwab can be moved to the 7:30 time slot because regardless of the time, it will increase TRP's because it will serve as another show for people to watch instead of a repeat show of Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. Also, TRP'S will increase because now the show will focus solely on Manyata and Udaybir so more people will watch it because many people are fans of Manveer. In addition, TRP's have been increasing so why can't you give Dekha ek Khwab a chance like other shows?Please don't rush the ending because this is what fans have been waiting for. If you cannot listen to my time slot request, may you at least make the last Dekha ek Khwab a maha episode of 1 hour. I think all DEKians deserve at least that much. Again, I thank you for helping me relax during my exams. I did extremely well on them, and I probably couldn't have done it
without relaxing.

P.S. I would appreciate it if you replied and if the cast members read my email. 

Sincerely,
A fan 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

aaaaaaaaaFutbol_queenjyoti12345ilvudayxxDaydreameRxx...navina...

purple2398 Newbie
purple2398
purple2398

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Let us smell and be the mango. HAHA
purple2398 Newbie
purple2398
purple2398

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
I agree with you about calling, but if we call, then we wouldn't be able to do it at the same time. 
Futbol_queen Senior Member
Futbol_queen
Futbol_queen

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
That is a great draft :D it's so well written, probably he politest email they might get :P

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index