Episode Discussion 21st-22nd July - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
As I dont go by marks, as it is judge's judgement. I love my own judgement.. :)
Gia : She has improved a lot, it was simple aerial dance, but gia did not make any mistake. She has nice control and coordination. Yes, It was not up to mark of some other aerial we have seen, but her act was simple and beautiful, choreographed beautifully. I enjoyed her performance.

Darshee/Avnee: They are keep doing same thing, Jai is not a creative choreographer, ofcourse they are kid but they can still do much better with good choreography. Quite forgettable.

Bharti: Did not enjoy much, quite forgettable.

Shibani: I enjoyed this performance, they have shown good coordination. Some good moments. Someone said it was not walll between them, not sure if it was correct because setup was having wash basin and mirror, so tough to say if there was transparent glass. From their dance and expression it does not seem they were seeing each other. considering this difficulty factors, they did remarkably well.

Ravi Kishan: Did not enjoy much, quite forgettable.

Gurmeet: He nailed it this week, I could not find any flaw. His lifts were good too. And Shampa chose the tough road, I liked that. They did whatever this performance needed. Best thing is they picked harder part of their challenge.

Susheel: I will give him MID award, he is the one whose graph is going upward every week. He was very good today, he is dancing, he is learning, his expression.. all are brilliant. And innocence is always there. Just imagine about his journey, he did not know even "A" of dance, ek village ka larka, jisne soncha bhi nahin tha mumbai jayega kabhi, JDJ pe ayaa with no dancing experience and now he can dance better than few who has been with tv/film for so long. He is dancing better than Jaya, Ravi and more.. He must be putting lot of hard work, and I applaud Alisha too. It needs patience to teach big person in nursery. I wish he remain on the show, I want to see his progress.

Isha: Dance wise I think it was not difficult specially for Isha. But the coordination, timing, among them was brilliant. The way Salman choreogrphed it, the way he gave equal footage to him and Karan and then made Isha focal point. It was flawless performance. It was very intense dance. I think Salman will definitely going to get assignment in bollywood. His creativity is improving day by day. It is always tough to dance with new entrant, here I would also give credit to Karan, who put his heart to keep Isha-Salman record intact. It was tough, there was no margin of error.

Jaya: NoComment. Bechara diwakar, his effort is getting wasted.

Edited by HakkaBakka - 11 years ago
Just got done watching Isha's performance! My God, she was phenomenal. What a sexy sizzling number. Makes me wanna learn pole dancing like right now. The choreography was slick...Remo said it right ...it looked like a Broadway show! It was that awesome.

Gurmeet was good too. It must have been really tough dancing with hands tied. Keeping that in mind, he was amazing. 

So the ones that stood out for me this week were Isha, Shibani, Gurmeet and Gia.
Ravi Kissanwa - Kunjan

Salsa which was not  a whole lot and bollywood was  not good at all...Sloppy footwork..

8, 9, 9  it was worthy of 7s the max

Gureet - Shampa

Freestyle hands tied...Shampa is so smart using Gurmeet's best assets stiffnes and hard facial expressions and creates her choreography..Where was the dance...Facial expressions do not make dance...Hardly any grace...I did not care for the dance or the choreography...She disappoints me big time...Sorry Shampa fans...Gurmeet did his best with what she choreographed..

not worthy of This is it...Shampa is way more hyped than she is worthy of the hype..Wow a blockbuster performance from KJo πŸ˜•

10, 10, 10  worthy of 8s

Bharti is hillariously funny...She should keep her day job for sure...πŸ‘

Sushil - Alisha

Freestyle

Sushil was way better than Ravi or Bharti...Atleast the dude is trying...and enjoying...

8, 8, 8

Isha - Salman - Karanveer

Bachata or Pole dance πŸ˜•  I so wish there was no threesome in this dance...Transitions were not as good as they could have been...Isha is beautiful and so graceful and so is Salman..Somewhere I felt it was not as good as it could have been...Pole dance was fabulous and her costume was beautiful.. Now I know why something was bit off with her feet and why she was so tentative with her landings couple of time...Why she did not wear hills-shoes..It all makes sense now...She is hurt obviously.Considering she was hurt I will say she did fabulous  πŸ‘

10, 10, 10

Jayati - Diwakar

Salsa.. Much much better than last week...She should not feel she did not do ao good...She gave her best 100% ...Her efforts were there and she should get good marks for that..

OMG 6, 7, 6  Judges were very meany while giving Jayati scores 😳 Shame on judges for beig freaking unfair 😑😑 Jayati needs to stop being such a self critic and hard on herself..She needs to have confidence..

How can Ravi - Kunjan get 26, Sushil - Alisha get 24  while Jayati - Diwaker get 19 😲  All I can say abt Judges is πŸ˜‘ πŸ€¬ 

Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Dexterkichokri.

Just got done watching Isha's performance! My God, she was phenomenal. What a sexy sizzling number. Makes me wanna learn pole dancing like right now. The choreography was slick...Remo said it right ...it looked like a Broadway show! It was that awesome.

Gurmeet was good too. It must have been really tough dancing with hands tied. Keeping that in mind, he was amazing. 

So the ones that stood out for me this week were Isha, Shibani, Gurmeet and Gia.

πŸ˜†agree with u...that's why these 4 got 30...⭐️ After Pratyusha eliminated, my top 5 changed. Now i go for Giaa, Isha, Gurmeet, Shibani, and Darsheel...Seriously, with wild card entry, thing will not be the same...Hope wild card entry will help raising the bar of JDJ this season..

Oopp...sorry, off topic😳
as usual..isha's perfo was really good...but it aso had 2-3 errors...wbich judges doesnt want to mention...

i'm happy that she got a 30 bcose the judges already have 30's to mediocre perfos...

why judges dint mention the flaws of ravi or sushil..but they are sooo interested to say the errors of jayati only...
 i felt it was good than bharthi, sushil and ravi..

and as some one mentioned shibani's waall..the live singer was not singing live..he was just lip sync...what is the difference in record player and lip syn singer in the stage...

in my pov...the judges should me more strict...

they should nt give points for hardwork or popularity...

all are doing the same hard work...it should not easy for jayati to do like GC or gia(they ar young)...but judges giving mark to gia and gurmeet for their harwork and blah blah...but for jayati they wont consider her age too...

the 30 perfos of gia, shibani and gc could have given a 28 or 29...
and for isha they have to be  more strict...bcose she's the one and only trained dancer in the show...
Edited by music_masti - 11 years ago
and in JDJ sometimes i feel dance is missing and only some stage act..(theatre drama and gymansitics) is only there...
Who's to dole out marks to the judges? There should be three phone line dedicated to the judges and the public votes on the fairness of the judges. And depending on the votes, the least fair judges' scores of the contestants are not included in the weighting process. And the least favorite judge for 3 consecutive weeks is eliminated and a new judge brought it. How's that for an idea? 

The love affair between the judges and Ravi continues. Totally undeserving. And how is having a trained singer sing along live pose any challenge? Do the judges really think that there's more than a one point gap between 9 and 10? And Jayati getting as low as 6 from two of them is outrageous. Everyone knew the difficulty level in her case and she more than 'completed' the dance. They are aiming to get her off. I hope the public prevents that. The judges deserve that little smack.  

My usual complaints about giving out those 30s indiscriminately continue. The '30' lot - Gia, Isha, Shibani and GC all deserved about 28-29. Isha and Gia - 29 and the other two 28. 

Susheel showed improvement while Darsheel seems to be either stagnating or beginning to decline. Bharti didn't dance much, so no comments. 

Madhuri couldn't identify tutting in Susheel's act and she even dared to give it a name. Ragini called Avneet, Darsheel's choreographer not once but twice. Manish ventured into the no-no zone with his purush and maha-purush jokes on Bharati.  He needs to be reined in a bit. 

I predict Ravi or Jayati's exit, but don't know if that will be with the wild card entries. 
Edited by redeye2012 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Ravi and Gunjan were all over the place! Ravikishan gets so out of control in his performances that he forgets that he's supposed to be dancing. The poise and grace that a form like salsa requires was very lacking in his performance today. I feel that Gunjan is average dancer and a below average choreographer. What was the point of incorporating the singer into the performance? Or have them circling them throughout the performance? It was so distracting! I think they got confused between dancing to live singing and teen ka tadka. The only good that came out of this performance was the fact that we can all confirm now that Neeraj Sridhar is a terrible singer and all his songs are courtesy of high-end technology that the music industry relies on!

Susheel and Alisha were good - one of their better performances, but seriously, it's time for them to go. It's getting more and more intolerable as the days go by. I do see Susheel finally picking up some steps though.

That said, I cannot BELIEVE that Susheel and Ravi scored MORE than Jayati and Divakar! What were the judges thinking??!!! They gave Ravi and Gunjan 8s and 9s?!?! And Susheel 8s, and Jayati and Divakar get 6s and 7s? I really don't understand this logic! If Jayati ji gets 6s, then Ravi and Gunjan should get 5s, and Susheel and Alisha should get 4s. This is ridiculous! I don't know why they're trying so hard to get her kicked off. I thought it was a pretty average performance and not as bad as the judges made it out to be. She must have been scared dancing in heels, but she didn't really let it show, and more importantly focused on the salsa and dancing part of her performance!

Gurmeet and Shampa were good today! I'm glad that last season's Shampa is coming back slowly. The concept wasn't very innovative, but the choreography was really good. Gurmeet's expressions were excellent. I do think Gurmeet needs to work on bringing more grace in his dancing. It's always very visible that his transitions require a lot of effort on his part, whether it's getting back up from the floor or going into or out of a lift. One thing though, I was really confused about the challenge. My initial instinct was that they would have their hands tied behind them. That's much more challenging, and I thought it was what the judges wanted. Shampa took the easy way out and just had them bind their hands, so they could still use their arms. I think that kind of defeated the purpose of the challenge.

Salman, Isha and Karanvir were excellent! Excellent choreography, song choice, and concept. It really was a sexy performance. There's something about Salman that really is extremely professional. He always uses the outfits, the ambiance, the props, the song to enhance his choreography. Other choreographers lack that intellect a lot of times. He knows how to take his choreography the whole nine yards and make it shine. Loved this performance!! My only complaint was that Isha lacked lip sync at times and at times she was singing along. That confused me; she needs to be more consistent with that because otherwise she breaks her connection with the audience.

Bharti and Manish were cute again today! I don't know what's up with bringing in NEW contestants as wildcards, but they better send some really good choreographers with them as well. We need to get the competition going.

@RED: nopss... shampa followed the actual challenge/ instruction given by the judges...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kO7g7Ohx4U&feature=colike[/YOUTUBE]

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kO7g7Ohx4U&feature=colike
To be completely honest, none of the performances this weekend deserved perfect 30s. They were all average. However having said that, I had a smile through out Gia's dance, I don't know why. I wouldn't rate it 'perfect' though. I felt a lot more could've been done with the dance form. But, Gia has really improved.

I loved that KJ pointed out how Isha didn't once mention her foot injury. For some reason, I always found it unnecessary of Pratyusha to keep mentioning her ill state, every episode - it was becoming an excuse for her poor performances. Glad shes gone. Hopefully another poor performer will go next week.

I don't understand what's the tiff the judges have with Jayati. She is dancing, not perfect but way better than some of the others. For example, Ravi, Susheel, Bharti; their performances this week were boring. Susheel just did the little hand movements good, what else did he do? Nothing really. Yet he manages 24??? Ridiculous.

Gurmeet is slowly growing on me. But his dance this week was average too, his expressions were good but he needs I dance more. I loved his lion performance last week.

In my very humble opinion, judges shouldn't do the challenges thing. Just let them dance to different dance forms how they want or on given themes - just let them be, please.
Originally posted by music_masti

and in JDJ sometimes i feel dance is missing and only some stage act..(theatre drama and gymansitics) is only there...
agree with u... yes missing the main concept of this show which is 'Dance'..
waiting to see the participants who will perform only dance dance n dance