Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

i know you didn't mean me πŸ˜Š, was just mulling. and yes, people do get chaotic around these two characters. 
have been a little away from movies and things for a while. jaded i guess. but coming here and listening to all of you, feel like watching new stuff. last night actually told hubs let's see batman!!! never seen any. all that talk of heath ledger, no idea who he is, avoided his brokeback also, tired of the chatter around things. miss freshness. perhaps that's why ipk is so dear to me. abs lotus in the mud. must go see batman now that you talk of darkness and depth.

Oh Di, Nolan is a genius - he has made a cult of his own - you should certainly watch this Franchise - so much of hidden undertones of Human darkness and moralities, layers of political undertones - the latet being a lot in the genre of political snarkness of Shakespeare or Dickens - mainly the Tale of Two Cities...

Ledger again being an icon  -so unfortunate we lost such a maverick actor at an young age - was in NY, when the incident happened...

-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: honeypriya

Oh Di, Nolan is a genius - he has made a cult of his own - you should certainly watch this Franchise - so much of hidden undertones of Human darkness and moralities, layers of political undertones - the latet being a lot in the genre of political snarkness of Shakespeare or Dickens - mainly the Tale of Two Cities...

Ledger again being an icon  -so unfortunate we lost such a maverick actor at an young age - was in NY, when the incident happened...

I'm jumping in here...as I'm kinda  Nolan geek...Indi if you start the the series, you need to start from the 1st one Batman Begins...dont know if you've watched Memento or Inception...those are great too standalone movies...both dark psychological thrillers...
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
priya, now i can't wait to see this movie. tumne mujhe yeh kya kar diya? shaking me out of my well cultivated apathy, wait i'll take revenge. ha ha. and when is anjali back? why am i missing a girl i've never met? yeh duniya bahut confusionwa. 
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
gandhari

"I'm jumping in here...as I'm kinda  Nolan geek...Indi if you start the the series, you need to start from the 1st one Batman Begins...dont know if you've watched Memento or Inception...those are great too standalone movies...both dark psychological thrillers..."

et tu? ok ok will take the advice of my betters. the geeks, no less. πŸ˜†
honeypriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

I'm jumping in here...as I'm kinda  Nolan geek...Indi if you start the the series, you need to start from the 1st one Batman Begins...dont know if you've watched Memento or Inception...those are great too standalone movies...both dark psychological thrillers...

me and my bro both are Nolan blinded lovers...I mean I had to keep pinching myself till interval to believe finally the wait is over and am watching the movie - have literraly stalked and followed all the behind the screen stuff since they went on Floor...super sad that its the end of the Trilogy...

it was a teary eyes experience to see the theatre in Mumbai go all claps in the second half in the crucial moments - it doesnt happend everyday that a film garners such an audience for a layered movie - where the house applauds the moments and whistles in an English movie !!!
jakhushi thumbnail

Waiting to catch this one...  Loved how layered Dark night was... it was like you could watch it 5 times and still discover something new. Seriously Losing Ledger at a time when the world was discovering his potential, very very unfortunate.

-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

gandhari

"I'm jumping in here...as I'm kinda  Nolan geek...Indi if you start the the series, you need to start from the 1st one Batman Begins...dont know if you've watched Memento or Inception...those are great too standalone movies...both dark psychological thrillers..."

et tu? ok ok will take the advice of my betters. the geeks, no less. πŸ˜†

remember my fascination for anti heroes? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
honeypriya thumbnail

[/QUOTE]

Waiting to catch this one...  Loved how layered Dark night was... it was like you could watch it 5 times and still discover something new. Seriously Losing Ledger at a time when the world was discovering his potential, very very unfortunate.

[/QUOTE]
Khoosi this one is no Dark Knight coz Ledger not there...but Tom Hardy is good...really good...Bale awsm like always - have a huge crush on him and my fav Hathaway a dazzler...wow she is just outstanding -shanghatik mey ja key boleπŸ˜†
Edited by honeypriya - 11 years ago
honeypriya thumbnail

priya, now i can't wait to see this movie. tumne mujhe yeh kya kar diya? shaking me out of my well cultivated apathy, wait i'll take revenge. ha ha. and when is anjali back? why am i missing a girl i've never met? yeh duniya bahut confusionwa. 

hahah DI, meethi choodi hun main...πŸ˜†

But Di seriously this Frannchise do not miss - its a treat to the mind,eyes..I rememebering updating my Twiiter status - Nolan loves tantalising your senses - yess the latest part has some weak moments,loop holes...but the end surmounts all !!!

Anjali me too ,missing her Di ..she said she'll be back by mid Aug

beena14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@khushi

kal kya hua ? No post πŸ˜­ aaj aayee hai toh Batman series talk hmmm

BTW a big fan of the series , Gandhari I second you absolutely loved Memento and Inception .