Views

Users

Frequent Posters

honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: mpk2011

@ Cutebarun,

As per ur wish/suggestion here I m posting the quote. Its from the movie Aitraaz, very apt for the gender issue though. It says,

Agar koi mard kisi auraat to thappad maade to hum kehte hai ki kitna zaalim mard hai, par agar koi aurat kisi mard ko thappad maade to hum kehte hai zaroor mard ne hi kuch kiya hoga. Hamesha mard hi galat nahi hota, aurat bhi galat ho sakti hai !!!

For those who doesn't understand hindi, here's the translated version.

If a man slaps a woman, then ppl say how mean of him, but if a woman slaps a man then ppl say definitely it must be the guy's fault. It is not necessary that everytime the man is at fault, sometimes the woman can be at fault also !!!!

I have always liked this Aitraaz dialougue - but still here ASR also doesnt come with a clean slate - both of them have wronged each other - she due to the siuations, and he because of anger and for believing what he saw and not what he could have tried reasoning out.

This dialogue sorry I disagree doesnt fit in the context of the story here...my two cents ~~~
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
good morning, priya
missed you, how was movie?
no camps, love both guys, hope to see madam uncrushed soon. she needs her jalebis back. and plenty of those hugs. however, that gussa of pati looks like part of character, his mother has said as much, would be interesting to see how kkgsr handles it. her madness, his gussa, lovely.

just as arnav s raizada breaks moulds, so can kkgsr. she already does in many ways, want to see her go all the way. i was really thinking gul should read this crooner. she would see how devoted, smart (uff that main post of yours), involved, and ready her audience is.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
my sincere feeling is post wedding, writers have had a bit of a struggle with kkg's character. mainly because of sp and audience expectations.

credit to writers, they've held on as firmly as possible to the girl who fights for what's right, who's deliciously impulsive, who tries to find happiness in the happiness of others, who gives from her heart, who is bold and takes risks for what she believes in, who has grown to love a man she never realised she would but now that she does she'd do anything for him, and who has that special, unique brand of sanka.

i pray to dm she is allowed to become all that she can be.
bs_deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: honeypriya

omg...hello hi Jaan came 😆

how I missd her in the weekend...and wat a classic point again- she keeps making me fall more in love with her 🤣 waah wat poetry !!!

for once.. its not a complete bouncer for me..
kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
honeypriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

good morning, priya
missed you, how was movie?
no camps, love both guys, hope to see madam uncrushed soon. she needs her jalebis back. and plenty of those hugs. however, that gussa of pati looks like part of character, his mother has said as much, would be interesting to see how kkgsr handles it. her madness, his gussa, lovely.

just as arnav s raizada breaks moulds, so can kkgsr. she already does in many ways, want to see her go all the way. i was really thinking gul should read this crooner. she would see how devoted, smart (uff that main post if yours), involved, and ready her audience is.

Movie was good - I am both Nolan and Dark Knight Franchise fan...so it was amazing for me - I love the darkness and depth in his storytelling - my kind !!!

Di not you , but the Forums tends to go bombastic in their interpretation of the characters and go jusdgemental with both discounting the other in that context !!!
honeypriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: bs_deeps

for once.. its not a complete bouncer for me..

this time she has been rather more straight forward...though I feel as per the storyline, its too early...they need not rush things so much - they can slower the pace.
kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kushikumari

kushikumari,
thanks. agree with you about khushi understanding this man. however, before that happens and if i am to put myself in khushi's pom poms, he has to have a serious chat with her about that wedding of their's. 

how awfully shocking that whole thing must have been for her. no idea as to the reason, completely forced, only harshness offered, and when she was expecting a sweet interlude that started with bangles and bindis. how many people would have survived that? yeah she went a bit haywire, but not as much as i would have. i do believe khushi's essential strength (accentuated no doubt by the immense loss she suffered at a young age, if i think about it she has no one with whom she shares blood ties, gosh) and her unique sanka helped her weather that storm.

now she knows why. but he still has to realise how bad it must have been for her and apologise. giving her a chance to free flow her feelings. she has told him there's no need to explain anything. but he still does need to if she's to fully recover. at which point i would like to see her look a bit shamefaced at bullying him in her own home. and them kissing and making up. no interruptions, yay. 

my thoughts, need not be correct, just sharing.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago

beena14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: honeypriya

Her love has not gone Di, but her spirit has been crushed...her Trust on him is not shaken, but she is stirred by his oscillating between trusting her or trusting the situations more...

All she needs is some more re-assuring hugs like the one on Friday and words that will say more than what his eyes speak !!!

Sorry couldnt join you guys in the discussions yesterday, saw that it was an interesting one - also I cant fit myself into discussions between ASR or Khushi camps - for me the story is about both these characters - both of their insecurities and the strength which they find in each other's existence and presence - like the breeze which always talks to them !!!

Sorry Di was doing kitchen duties just joining in . Priya thxs for the explanation wonderful as always. I had a problem yesterday so couldn't join the discussion I like both Khushi and Arnav and can see both their POV's. Di , I agree with Priya, Khushi will come around just needs time she is happy when everyone around her is happy . Anjali she expected to be  unhappy but with Mami's 360 degree personality change, Jiju and Payal having marital issues she is completely broken cannot focus on all the love showered by Arnav. She is lashing out at him just like he did in the past because they love each other.
Edited by beena14 - 11 years ago