Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Bye bye Anjali, was nice knowing you *edit* (Page 14)

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mommy2000

*just came in to put this up*
This day last year...Anjali read her brother perfectly. 
Yes, a lot has changed, Anjali.

WCW I am going to cry - where is this show?  And how exactly is this looking like a DKS angle?  How does this sister now turn to one saying you changed because you fell in love why did you get married.  What is that?

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ariel

Sorry momma I'm getting to your post so late!! But I was so disappointed today that I took a break from this show. And it wasn't very difficult to break the feeble hold this show has on me now. 

I have stated in a few posts here that I felt really sorry for this woman and that she deserves to grieve because her world just shattered. But she wasn't grieving really. She was harboring and nurturing bitterness. She is a mother figure to her chotte. How can such a woman feel this level for resentment for her brother's happiness. Maybe ( that's a big maybe) I would have bought it if the CVs had shown some inner turmoil in her for feeling this way. Her berating herself everytime she says something terrible to her brother. Maybe then she would have some sympathy . But now she is a person no one recognizes or cares to recognize. 

I'm so tired of mami and nani fussing over her. I wish they would tell her to put on her big girl panties and go to GH to find out what really went down. But no they made nani the strong but unfortunately never speaking or thinking kinds. And Mami who is shown to think has been reduced to Venom spewing old witch after building her character so well. They have destroyed pretty much everyone. Glee , Mami and Akash. He was better when he had no role to play. 

@bold - it is all in the treatment.  I do not feel sympathy for someone who finds her voice only to say how can  you neglect me and pay attention to your wife, when it never bothered her before.  I started to lose it when she took those roses and then tossed them when she realized they were for Khushi.  There needed to be some kind of other feeling that was portrayed there - not chotte what did you do to me Confused
premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
Hi Anu,

SO VERY DISAPPOINTED .

And not because i was expecting great romantic stuff or not expecting a Did ki saut track which was always looming over our heads since the day we knew Shyam was leching after Khushi. What disappoints me is that a Creative Team who has created and managed to keep us engaged with the leads , their characterisation ( though Khushi gets compromised often ) their story and chemistry have dome such a terrible job of others characters. Is it by design or a failure on the part of the writer, director , actors that a " sense of insecurity " is depicted in such a "eeckie" manner be it the Bubli track or Anji !!!
I have always liked Anji / DB and her interactiosn between her brother . Have liked her even when she was super sacherine , clueless , and living in her bubble. Supported her in the past weeks on a traumatic event on discovery of an unfaithful husband and the sense of insecurity following it . What is intolerable is "great expectation " of a brother who does nothing but worships her.

I was appalled at the last scene. You are complaing to a brother that he has changed ? , and that too for the better, where he has learned to love , smile and be happy and does not behave in the same manner as before ? "Tum shaadi ke baad badal gaye ho ? " The shocked expression on Arnie's face was so apt . He has done all this for his sis..brutally married an innocent girl for a cheating husband ?

Why is the sister not inquiring about her husband and why Chote thinks Shyam was at fault ? Why is she not inquiring about hsi kidnaping ? Why this SELFISH need to make things as they were ? Arnie needs to tell her the facts . Its high time whether she believes it or not . That will be too much of a leap for this for a group of writers who are living in the dark ages...

Simply bad writing and regressive thinking . If DB was thinking she would get accolades and sympathy for her emotionally broken character then all I have to say is that she was better off if she left for another super show that did not require a baby bump. 

If you have not seen the RM video then good for you coz I thought it was very childish and very like Anjali - needy and self absorbed.

DIDI KI SAUT ...BAD TRACK ...BAD HANDLING ...EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

fluffyktauserendipity235-Reva-ArielAkanksha-momma1128Infofan

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Hi Anu,

SO VERY DISAPPOINTED .

And not because i was expecting great romantic stuff or not expecting a Did ki saut track which was always looming over our heads since the day we knew Shyam was leching after Khushi. What disappoints me is that a Creative Team who has created and managed to keep us engaged with the leads , their characterisation ( though Khushi gets compromised often ) their story and chemistry have dome such a terrible job of others characters. Is it by design or a failure on the part of the writer, director , actors that a " sense of insecurity " is depicted in such a "eeckie" manner be it the Bubli track or Anji !!!
I have always liked Anji / DB and her interactiosn between her brother . Have liked her even when she was super sacherine , clueless , and living in her bubble. Supported her in the past weeks on a traumatic event on discovery of an unfaithful husband and the sense of insecurity following it . What is intolerable is "great expectation " of a brother who does nothing but worships her.

I was appalled at the last scene. You are complaing to a brother that he has changed ? , and that too for the better, where he has learned to love , smile and be happy and does not behave in the same manner as before ? "Tum shaadi ke baad badal gaye ho ? " The shocked expression on Arnie's face was so apt . He has done all this for his sis..brutally married an innocent girl for a cheating husband ?

Why is the sister not inquiring about her husband and why Chote thinks Shyam was at fault ? Why is she not inquiring about hsi kidnaping ? Why this SELFISH need to make things as they were ? Arnie needs to tell her the facts . Its high time whether she believes it or not . That will be too much of a leap for this for a group of writers who are living in the dark ages...

Simply bad writing and regressive thinking . If DB was thinking she would get accolades and sympathy for her emotionally broken character then all I have to say is that she was better off if she left for another super show that did not require a baby bump. 

If you have not seen the RM video then good for you coz I thought it was very childish and very like Anjali - needy and self absorbed.

Ratna - I did not post anything about Anjali these past 2 weeks because I felt the character had been through such a trauma let's give it time.  I was very close when she tried to abort the baby, no not because I am making a judgement call about abortion, but because her snap reasoning to end the the pregnancy she held so dear was because the father was disrespected and who could love that child - as if no one except Shyam was enough, it was him or nothing.  I bit my tongue when she looked at her brother and said she wants him to bring her husband back without even a thought to anyone else in the family.  But today was it, I lost it and any sympathy.  She is self absorbed and she is ridiculously selfish, pitting his undying loyalty for her against his wife.  She is a saas in didi's clothing.  DB should have stayed for a quality role.  The role she is playing now needs to be sent to therapy.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

premparbat

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by polly2312

Yes she should feel a bit of alienation from her brother since Khushi is his wife and he supported her, but her main anger/frustration should have been directed at Khushi and not Arnav.

I think if CVs would have chosen this route, audience would have been able to relate to Anjali better. No woman wants to see the face of the woman who reminds me of my husband's betrayal. It takes time before someone can come in terms with this and accept the other woman whole heartedly. Arnav would have been rightfully torn between his wife and sister then. He would have to sacrifice his relation with Khushi for Anjali's happiness and recovery (here comes his famous dialogue... Di main aapki Khushi ke liye apni Khushi kurbaan ka doonga). He would have to choose between them, and audience would understand why he chose Anjali. Then after Shyam's revelation in front of Anjali and her recovery, she would bring Arhi back together.

Why did they not go this route?? Why are the Anjali-Arnav-Khushi scenes being shown in a way that is leaving a bad taste in our mouths?

Do you agree with me? I am trying to make sense of all the mess.

I 100% agree.  I expected ASR and Khushi to have to deal with Anjali feeling uncomfortable.  I expected Khushi to feel guilt and I expected ASR to feel guilt also because no one WANTS to rip apart his sister's life.  I would have liked to have seen Anjali question who what when where and how but not necessarily give up her delusions about Shyam.  I would have even been okay with her hating them for trashing her life and her not believing any proof.  But this route of telling your brother he has changed because he is in love and does not care for her and calling him a liar when he has never in his life.  Anjali was the religious woman in this story and now is spouting 'liar' at the drop of a hat.  Ridiculous and even more ridiculous that this is eating the bigger story that is this couple who has been in the making for over a year now.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235polly_mk

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shybabe

What happened Anjali Jha? What happened for wanting your Arnav (Chottey) (to be happy)

You are are the same sister who showed your brother the mirror every single time asking him to see inside his heart and understand his love for Khushi...

so what happened today. Was it because you were happy and then that was okay...and you wanted your brother to be happy...andnow you don't have your happiness and so he shouldn't be happy..

What happened to the trust you had in your brother...this is the same brother who got his heart broken and went ahead forcibly married the love of his life...to save you...and your saying that he was right to do so...based on your reaction...

I get it ..when a woman loses her husband who has been a God figure to her...to lose her mental stability...and get into depression..but today it was clearly portrayed that Anjlai has been in her right mind always...she knew that the her brother fell in love...and she knows that he would always do anything for the people he loves...so then why feel this way when that love is towards Khushi...

Anjali Jha..you did the following..

1.You fought with your brother for khushi to have a place in RM..
2.You witnessed the smile in his face because of Khushi..not once...but many times..
3.When you found out that your brother is in love with Khushi, you did silly things to get them together..
4.You heard your brother open his heart about Khushi during holi..a brother who never opens his heart to anybody...
5.You were happy that he was happy...he is happy now...so why not be happy for him...why not put yourself above all...and do what your brother did for you...?

I am disappointed . He as a brother has done so much for you...but now in return...its time for you to be the bigger person and prove it to the world that you r the bigger sister..a sister who sees her brother not only as a baby brother, but  a man who has feelings...who has a life beyond his relationships... a man who your mother described in that letter...or have you yourself have forgotten that letter...

Anu...this is probably the most serious post i have ever made...u bring out the ASR in meLOL
but I lub your post..

I look at that cap Shyyy and all I see is her calling him a liar and telling him get my husband back - even if he kidnapped you, even if he tried to cheat on me. What they have done to make Anjali take center stage is destroy the character in my mind my manipulating the script to be something ghastly, that only a kitchen saas bahu drama could love while sidelining the ACTUAL STORY of ARHI that we actually tune in to see.

I hate to say it but the story is held hostage to an actress and her need for screen time, regardless of where the story should progress or what the audience has a stomach for.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-

Infofan IF-Sizzlerz
Infofan
Infofan

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Hi Anu,

SO VERY DISAPPOINTED .

Well said. I dislike it immensely the way they manipulate characterizations, dialogues for silly drama as and when it suits them or for TRPs without a thought given to continuity, consistency or logic. When Arnav throws Shyam out of RM, he tells Anjali, I trust Khushi, I am sure she is not lying but did not mention that he knows and has witnessed some of Shyam's deeds. Just to create problems later. He need not have gone into details as he did not want to upset Anjali further. Payal told everyone about Khushi's engagement but not that she was forced into it. Why? So many of Khushi's dialogues are vague too.

The other actors are part of an ensemble team and should get more screen time but not at the cost of Arhi and the characterizations. Here it seems like they are getting more screen time without much thought being put into their tracks. If we are unhappy, we will be told we dont understand the story or characters and if we dont like it, use the remote. Confused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235Arielpremparbatmomma1128

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
i don't know what to say lady, just not as disappointed as yet,, umm maybe its the pattar ka dil, but i know you'd get that :p

i can't say i relate to Anjali or her pain, but there is something less happening, something that hasn't just blown me off LOL. Maybe i thought she'd say Khushi get out of the house and maybe i thought she'd blame Khushi for everything and say you don't deserve to be here. She did none of that!! at least verbally, cause who knows what runs in that doodle brain of hers?

The only thing i thought would happen and has happened is probably ASR's plight which i get. But what i don't get is someone needs to give Anjali a reality check and tell her she LIVES OFF her brother's money. So just because she has been his life support, just because he faraks her does not mean she can take him for granted!!

All that she has done so far is tell him that things have changed since the day of marriage and that is so true, nothing happened now, not now, not NEW!! maybe she needs to find a button on me to blow me off the hook. LOL

i did not and will not watch the RM interview. whoever thought i could sit through BISSless interviews for 7 whole minutes LOL. As of now, the one to sympathaize for looks like ASR; not Anjali; and Daljeet has only herself to thank for that!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ArielKeshriyaabracadabrapremparbatmomma1128

Go to top