India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

~~mixed feelings~~ (Page 3)

MisscoolEyes Goldie
MisscoolEyes
MisscoolEyes

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Awww..me iz all sad!Unhappycan't see mhara Suraj soo sad and down.Now toh Sandy also seemed gloomy.That is double jhatka. She really closed her eyes when they were removing his apron.It was touching.The look they shared once Sur was back in his place was painful too. Babasa-Bhabo did thier bit and showed us why they were required in S'pore.SurYa was soo lost and sad today that had it been just two of them..it would have been a task to uplift Suraj. And that lady,jayant's!Whatever her name is.. me iz gonna call her the  "M-one" -the mean one. WHY should she and co laugh sooo much and why that look on her face..WHY THAT KOLAVERI DI!!

Toh,now as it seemed,RK is no longer RK but Anurag Joshi. I am getting more and more convinced that he is a good character now.(t's all in the name!!a name like Anurag can't be negative.He is gonna be a symbol of eternal love and attachmentDay Dreaming )He might have to play by Meenudi's tunes for sometime.She might even blackmail him to bring-forth his true identity.Bechara Anurag,kahan phas gaya re!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.narenSAIBALROUTH

vish.naren IF-Dazzler
vish.naren
vish.naren

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Priya_SD

Today was a mixed feelings wala episode 

Loved that Chotu put Minudi in her place LOL. And her mota sa motichoor ka ladoo fell on the floor. That's what you get Meena! And when the kid called her kakisa ROFL.

As for Rajkumar, oh so his real name is Anuraj Joshi? Hmmm. I was thinking that he may be from the US, someone that knows Ankur, maybe Ankur sent him to check up on Sandy? Lol wild guess, and I highly doubt it. 

And what's up with all these Bhabo-Babasa moments? Like when they saw the couple kissing ROFL. Hilarious, but these days I'm forgetting who the lead couple is Ermm

Liked the little Pallo Latke sequence. Bhabo was dancing with videshis and all, how unexpected of her LOL.

Precap: Scary! Wonder who/how they will find her! Maybe Brandon will come and help his Bhabs. ROFL

Awww, so Priya Di, u did find the title apt! Embarrassed

Meena with Chotu is always fun! He will do anything to irritate Meena!LOL

What ever happens I hope RK remain positive! Mhara Chturi should not be heart broken!Big smile

Dance and even Bhabho planning it was unexpected!Shocked

Brandon gonna come! Shocked OMG I never thought about such a possibility!Big smile Then its gonna be laughter therapy for us!ROFL

Edited by wish.naren - 20 July 2012 at 8:07pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SAIBALROUTH

vish.naren IF-Dazzler
vish.naren
vish.naren

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apkavishwa

Note: 4...its a good post Vishnu as usual...LOL
I liked the scene when Sooraj comes back to his position with sad face n watch Sandy n both are in grim... Nice acting...  and Meena n party is just hillarious comical vamp...

@Note 4 Big smile thankoo Vishwa'sa, and a funny way of saying that!LOL

Yeah, the cast is portraying feelings to the point!Clap 

Mhara Meena aur Chotu gangus are albays super duper in making fun!LOL

SAIBALROUTH

vish.naren IF-Dazzler
vish.naren
vish.naren

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by farhana874

Wish they showed surya's reaction seeing the couple's kiss...hahaha.
I felt sandy cud hv said a line or two to pacify sur.
Nice analysis as always vishnu.
And aptly titled.

Kya karun Frahana Di, Mhara real life Bhabho was taunting meLOL in the middle and I missed it,Confused 9pm is the only least slotted time in my house, but still hard to snatch the remote for myself! other shows I watch at repeat telecast time!Confused

Ha, me too felt the same, Sandhya was also feeling so down that they both had nothing to talk!Confused

Happy to know that u liked the title! Smile and thankoo...!!

SAIBALROUTH

vish.naren IF-Dazzler
vish.naren
vish.naren

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MisscoolEyes

Awww..me iz all sad!Unhappycan't see mhara Suraj soo sad and down.Now toh Sandy also seemed gloomy.That is double jhatka. She really closed her eyes when they were removing his apron.It was touching.The look they shared once Sur was back in his place was painful too. Babasa-Bhabo did thier bit and showed us why they were required in S'pore.SurYa was soo lost and sad today that had it been just two of them..it would have been a task to uplift Suraj. And that lady,jayant's!Whatever her name is.. me iz gonna call her the  "M-one" -the mean one. WHY should she and co laugh sooo much and why that look on her face..WHY THAT KOLAVERI DI!!

Toh,now as it seemed,RK is no longer RK but Anurag Joshi. I am getting more and more convinced that he is a good character now.(t's all in the name!!a name like Anurag can't be negative.He is gonna be a symbol of eternal love and attachmentDay Dreaming )He might have to play by Meenudi's tunes for sometime.She might even blackmail him to bring-forth his true identity.Bechara Anurag,kahan phas gaya re!

Yeah the epi was emotional, everyone silent, gloomy!Unhappy Ha, Bhabho n Bhabha'sa really felt like the most unavoidable persons for the scenario!Big smile

Jayant's wife, I dunno why they kept showing her face!Sleepy Showing Jayant was fine!Smile
She made me think of scary people I have met!Shocked Kolaveri Di, LOL LOL...!!

Even I badly wish him to be pure at the end! Chaturi should win the lottery!Embarrassed 
Meena will surely taunt thim for some time!LOL Lets wait and watch how it goes!Big smile

nanda_gopaSAIBALROUTH

nanda_gopa Senior Member
nanda_gopa
nanda_gopa

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Jayanth's wife, who is White, is unnecessarily shown as crude and boorish. And the judge for this round, also White, was shown to be unnecessarily rude. Do reality shows have to include humiliation? It all seems meaningless. Even in the music shows we see on Indian TV, there is removal of something, which seems unnecessary. These forms of humiliation dont help build character.

In today's show, I noticed that they seemed to show the 5 winners of the round grinning or smiling when the 5 who did not win were going through the apron removal ceremony. Again, this depicts a lack of grace.

Oh well, it is only a TV show. Hope Suraj doesn't lose confidence. :-)

Edited by nanda_gopa - 20 July 2012 at 10:43pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.narenAutumn.SAIBALROUTH

Autumn. IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn.
Autumn.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
nanda_gopa, I agreed about Jayant's wife. It was really Thumbs Down to show her like that. Or the other contestants laughing so much cos others apron were being removed. Totally OTT. It never happens like that in actual reality shows too.

I hope they show Suraj going in various restaurants and food stalls to know a bit of other cuisine. It is true that Suraj only knows some of the Indian cuisine and to expect him to contest in World Top Cook is really unbelievable. What they are showing in the show is true. We all know he will win as that was the article but it will be interesting to see how they show him win among all the other great cooks who have knowledge about other cuisine. Because in a competition so big knowing just the Indian cuisine is not enough as there will be other cuisine to be tried out too. Also in such competitions, non veg food asked to be prepared and if they do not show that then it will be a huge error. And if they show that then they cannot show that Suraj is exempted, as that wont be within the rules. There are too many loopholes.

As much as I like Suraj and Sandhya and their happiness if Suraj wins, it will be astonishing that Suraj can win inspite of such lack of knowledge in other things and no knowledge of preparing non veg food, which in reality should be shown to be made in the competition. That is the sole reason many veggies do not participate in such competitions.

Also the removing of apron and all that seem a bit sad yes but too slow for a competition. Ok this is a serial still. Also Bhabo going to talk with Suraj was in a rush as the host of the competition was still talking so camera rolling, how can Bhabo just walk in. I thought the host will stop her but that was not shown. So that was a blooper.

Edited by sweta01 - 20 July 2012 at 11:33pm

nanda_gopavish.naren

nanda_gopa Senior Member
nanda_gopa
nanda_gopa

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged
hello sweta,

you are right about suraj's lack of exposure to world cuisine. it would be nice if the show becomes a bit more realistic by illustrating the ways in which suraj develops expertise in other cuisine.

perhaps it would have been realistic to depict suraj succeeding in an indian culinary competition and being encouraged to become an entrepreneur who expands his repertoire and business. but that wouldn't work in a tv show??

i find meena quite mean... some harmless lying to dodge a tyrannical mother in law is acceptable. but it seems like there is simply too much of "let me hurt my brother in law, sister in law, so i can become rich." giving away Rs.450 to Rs.500 worth sweets from brother-in-law's sweet shop to sell sarees from my own shop is not cool and not even funny. i am unable to enjoy her role as it has gone beyond the level of funny pranks.

i am waiting for suraj to figure out sandhya's dreams of becoming an IPS officer and see how he will support her.

vish.narenAutumn.

Go to top