Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

20/7 Dragon Club: Bua's Betrayal (Page 36)

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
@Borna: I agree about the makers keeping a grip on the storyline and thus maintaining a harmony in their teamwork, which shows in the daily output. We are into the sixth month of PV; normally, this is the time serials start losing momentum and bow to cliches and audience demand, since by then they finish with the crux of the story...after which all that happens is addition of tracks, and audience come and go as per their interest in that particular track. But here the story (pun intended!!) is different. The pace of the story is as it should be keeping in mind the sensibilities involved. Nothing is being trivialized or frivolled...and nothing is being ridiculously melodramatized, even though everything is kept within the commercial parameters of general audience interest.  

As for parenting, your remarks make perfect sense...Gosh, Borna, they have the certificate from me as a parent. A parent is born the day the child is born...and the parenting is purely instinct thereon, learning with the daily challenges. In case of Aarti and Yash, it's a rebirth...they were reborn as parents with this remarriage where both parties had kids. Through weeks of crawling, they are starting to walk now as a team...they are bound to stumble a little. At least their intent is correct and proactive and they are supporting each other...that's a big Yes. Otherwise parenting is one issue where couples have their major altercations. 

That scene between the trio was also beautiful in the sense that Yash took a leaf out of Aarti's parenting there...remember her pacifying Ansh by scolding Yash (the first day when Yash scolded Ansh at the breakfast table)? Here the kid knows it's a game mumma is playing with his papa, but he is assured that at least she stood up for him; similarly, when Yash bonded with Ansh over a makebelieve competition, Ansh is assured that if not mumma at least papa is sticking with him. You get my point? Another golden rule: "A child should always have at least one approachable parent...so that he/she doesn't feel ignored and neglected."Smile

Edited by InduG64 - 22 July 2012 at 10:45pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99Eva JQangakePearl_27KamliKudisaf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroMelodiousDreamsAllbut1Zetterpickachu

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Finished editing my response to Kirthi, with a digression towards the end!

@Red: That is a good idea, isn't it? If not every week, at least when major steps are taken, a new diagram would be great to have! Wouldn't it be cool if the diagram was posted on the first page of the DC it corresponds to? That way, it'll be easier to locate at the end of the day when the discussions are all done.

@Indu: I read somewhere (a few members' comments) recently that the general trend is that once an Indian daily soap hits its 100th episode, that's when things hit the saturation point and things start going haywire - for precisely the same reasons you've mentioned. Drama is part and parcel of Indian dailies, and there's nothing wrong with that (if people aren't willing to put up with that, then there are plenty of other things to do, IMO), especially if it isn't taken over the top. You've described it perfectly - within commercial parameters of the general audience, some of whom take things at face value and don't care to look deeper, some of whom watch for the story, nuances, and meanings behind what's being shown...Keeping all that in mind while delivering consistently is quite a feat, and that is why I have so much faith in the Mittals' team. We've completed 110 episodes and there have been many, many circles that have been closed (those closed loops) and other that have come up that are going to be closed at a later date; there are still plenty of questions that we have: "Remember that from this episode? What is going to happen now...?" So much to explore, and there's no sense of a frenzied experimentation with tracks because there are no experiments being done to see what works and what doesn't. It's like a fairytale or saga that has already been planned. The details may change just a little bit, but the outline of the story and its essence remains the same.

Loved your points about Yash-Aarti's parenting, along with the infant analogy! Speaking of major altercations...that's what Bua was trying to do. Exactly what she was trying to do: cause a major altercation between Yash and Aarti because of the kids' speeches. What will they actually do? That remains to be seen this week, but one thing is for sure. Ansh and Palak are the ones who are on the verge of the altercation that Bua wanted Yash and Aarti to have!

Side note: I'm so confused about how quickly they shoot these episodes! The promo for the Mummy versus Papa competition had clips of Ansh/Palak standing with their teacher...That episode aired at the end of the week. I'm not going to dwell on it, but I'm so very impressed with the quality of the show!

Aside: That mock-scolding scene! Ahaha, I'm going to watch it now! LOL Loved the trio in that scene. Cuteness all around + music matching KS's movements/expressions = super fun viewing experience! Kratika in that green sari...She had really funny scenes in that sari, along with a really pretty one when the pallu wasn't covering her head!

Edited by MelodiousDreams - 22 July 2012 at 11:09pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99KamliKudiEva JQangakePearl_27saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroAllbut1InduG64Zetter

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
@Maham: I am so sorry to hear of your accident! I hope you recover soon and feel much, much better. Sending lots of virtual hugs your way!

@Indu and Red: Sorry I couldn't reply to your comments yesterday, in our respective conversations. It turned out to be one of those crazy busy days when all I wanted to to when I got home was crash. But here I go.

@Indu: I know! We have been discussing how the one thing that is holding Aarti and Yash together, that perhaps surpasses love itself is the trust they have in one another. And yet here we see the other side of the coin where that very same unfailing faith can be a deterrent to their parental instincts. It is more obvious with Aarti, but even with Yash we can see a change where before Palak's birthday he was constantly badgering Aarti, reminding her that Palak didn't want to celebrate her birthday, was a stubborn kid and not to do something that would shake her precarious faith. And well, he was right, wasn't he? While Palak might be tending towards forgiveness of Aarti, because of that one mistake, people like Bua are able to rekindle the antagonism in Palak again and again. If Aarti had been more careful of Yash's repeated warnings and misgivings she might have been better off. But now Yash is all about Aarti...whatever you do for the kids will be right...but will it really? Their faith in each other is certainly as dangerous as it is beneficial for their relationship.

@Red: I agreed with each word you said! I also love that you brought in PrKJ and PatiKJ into the mix because I hadn't thought about Aarti's Venn diagrams at all in this situation. It is a fascinating set of visuals for sure and I am tempted to make those diagrams now. Anyway, I want to add that while I agree with everything you said about PrKJ and PatiKJ, I think there is yet another dimension to it. PrKJ thanks to the difference in Prashant's real self vs. the version that Aarti built and worshiped in her head for so many years, PrKJ is much more volatile and erratic than AKJ which is very much a fixed point. At this point, given that PrKJ shrunk so much after that last confrontation, Aarti was able to forcefully kick PrKJ out of PatiKJ, but the fact remains that PrKJ lies just outside the circle, waiting, and as PatiKJ expands, it is going to make contact once again with PrKJ and that is going to be when Yash finds out about Prashant, and decides to help Aarti deal with her past. When Aarti accepts her past as part of her, PrKJ is going to be imbibed once again in PatiKJ, though like you said, stay small and on the edge.

Off to read the rest of the discussion that happened since then now!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99KamliKudiangakePearl_27saf24AngeloScuroInduG64MelodiousDreamsAllbut1Zetter

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged
@Maham: I loved your detailed breakdown of the few episodes! I have missed reading your epic posts and this one was a comeback of substance! I think the part I loved best was your discussion of the redemption of SP and Gaya and I couldn't agree more. Whenever I see this new, trusting Gayatri though, like you I feel that apprehension always underlying the situation at how shattered she is going to be when she realises Aarti lied. She is going to feel most cheated of all because she was the only one who blatantly said that they wanted a widow and not a divorcee. She was lied to most literally.

As for their transformation, essentially, they want their family to function like a well oiled machine. As long as they sense that smoothness of operation is under threat, they are vigilant, cold and calculative because they are so single minded in their focus. They were totalitarian because they felt that nobody else was taking responsibility and so the family was falling apart and they saw Aarti as the source of this divide between generations at the time of the kidnapping. Now they see Aarti carrying herself in the family and being an agent of union rather than separation. She has now found her place as a cog in the machine and because she is taking responsibility SP and Gaya feel like they can afford to be less controlling. They really are well-written characters, I must say!

I also find it fascinating that there is a role reversal happening between the Scindias and Shobha. Essentially they are both selfish for their own children. The Scindias were pushy and mean when they felt like Yash was giving more than he was getting, and Shobha is doing the same when she feels like Aarti deserves Yash's love for security purposes first, and then her happiness, and should secure that sooner than later. Only problem is that Aarti is the loser in both situations.

And your VM is beautiful! What's new though, right?

@Borna: I loved your post about Gurmeet and Kratika's journey. You have pretty much covered all possible bases, but I would like to add this. I cribbed a lot about their being less Yash in the beginning and more Aarti. But I realise now how wise that was of the creative team, given that it gave Gurmeet ample time to grow into Yash, while capitalising on Kratika's immediate mastery of Aarti. By the time they got around to exploring Yash, Gurmeet was more ready for the depth the character's struggle demanded, especially as a parent.

Telly.Addictredeye2012Pearl_27KamliKudiangakeMelodiousDreamsAllbut1InduG64saf24AngeloScuroZetterpickachu

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged
@Samana: These two individuals have been lonesome for such a long time that they are welcoming this bonding; it's pleasant, it's making them happy, yet it comes without any shackles. They feel free in this relationship, something they never felt with anyone ever since their last spouses...The very fact that they are clutching onto that one thread...that of trust...so defiantly and so reverentially goes to prove that they are holding onto each other with their lives...This has led to their unconsciously opting for bias over pragmatism. He knows best; she'll always think the best for the kids...these thoughts, howsoever perfect they might seem, are laced with oblique bent...prejudice. And to think not so long back she sermoned the family regarding the flaws in Payal/Palak's upbringing, and he blasted her for being overprotective of Ansh. From one end of the spectrum they have managed to reach the other end just like that. They are letting their feelings for each other affect their practicality and judgment. Normally, it would have been fine...and they would have understood in due course. But here, there is an outside force that is plotting a rift, and how? By putting that very trust on anvil and using it to hurt the kids. Now will be the test of their trust...when their individual parental decisions will affect the kids adversely.

(The sorry wasn't required...we are all in the same boat here.Smile)

Edited by InduG64 - 23 July 2012 at 12:52am

Telly.Addictredeye2012KamliKudinirmalac99angakePearl_27Eva JQMelodiousDreamsAllbut1saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroZetterpickachu

KamliKudi IF-Dazzler
KamliKudi
KamliKudi

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
I have a feeling the ArYa and the kids are gonna be shown bonding by going out on a family trip now. The kids need to spend time with each and their parents away from the extended family

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Eva JQPearl_27nirmalac99saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64ZetterMelodiousDreamsAllbut1pickachu

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:06am | IP Logged
@Indu: You know, Bua is definitely the shallowest characterisation on the show, but even though she is pure evil, I think the writers are using that cleverly. Like you said, if Bua was not there to stir the pot, Aarti and Yash would have taken much longer to work out their equation between trust and confrontation. After having been through so many ups and downs, they have found a sort of calm equilibrium and I think as much as they do trust each other, they are also afraid of messing with the new found balance, subconsciously and consciously. I think that is where Yash's utopian dream of both kids being selected come from. In a brief encounter with flirtation, he made this a competition, but his ultimate desire to see both kids succeed equally, nullified even that spark of confrontation, which seemed to relieve Aarti as well. Basically, Aarti and Yash do not want to fight any more.

But Bua is being used as an agent to take situations to their extreme and put Aarti and Yash in pressure situations so they learn lessons much faster than would be entirely natural, while keeping it convincing. Because this is a show, they have to keep the pace going...things have to keep happening, where in real life a given status quo might realistically remain for months or even years. That is why Bua is there to make the subtle obvious and to force Aarti and Yash to face these problems head on, rather than gradually, step by step. Where there is a crack, Bua creates a canyon, and it is here that the function of her character in the story lies.

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99Pearl_27KamliKudi-enchanted-angakeMelodiousDreamsAllbut1InduG64saf24AngeloScuroZetterpickachu

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged
@Sammy: Loved reading all your responses to everyone! Will hopefully find time to catch up on the rest of the discussions later in the week...The apprehensions about Prashant and the impact of the divorce lie are lurking...waiting...and it's pretty darn scary that two huge volcanoes are predicted to erupt and we don't know when that's going to happen...Damage is expected, and I'm not sure how I'll handle all of that!

@your response to my posts: Haha, I didn't even intend to head clear across the baseball diamond and recount their journey but I suppose I do think about that a lot, given all that's happened in the past! Gurmeet apparently told that (the "understanding Yash" bit) to Sumeet Mittal on the first day he had real dialogues, so that would have been the day Yash spoke to Arpita's photograph and all, right? I don't know how much of the story was set in stone by the time they started shooting, but I'd like to think that the story was already outlined at least, and that the general plan of introducing Aarti first and then Yash (and following that sort of pattern for the Ansh/Prashant and Arpita chapters) was always established, since that is a typical format followed in shows as far as I've seen.

Like I said before when describing PV, I truly think that everything fell into place perfectly. It definitely looked like Gurmeet was one of the first ones to be finalized for the show, and I'm willing to bet that once Kratika stepped in front of the Mittals and their camera with Gurmeet next to her, the invisible connection sparked and they knew they'd found Yash's Aarti in her. If they'd already planned out a rough outline of the story, then things certainly worked in their favor with Kratika immediately slipping into Aarti's skin right from the pre-production days (I still wish we could see their individual look tests/auditions!) while Gurmeet had a few more days to transition from shaking MSK loose and getting into Yash's skin. They also started shooting with Kratika before they did with Gurmeet, I remember, so that probably meant that this whole arrangement luckily worked out very well for the actors for both the short and long term.

On that note, I leave you until after the episode!

redeye2012nirmalac99angakePearl_27KamliKudibbbcccAllbut1InduG64saf24SamanalyseZetterpickachu

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index