Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

20/7 Dragon Club: Bua's Betrayal (Page 22)

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
I liked today's episode because it was the basis for many realizations to look forward to as far as the kids and their relationship with their parents are concerned. 

-Bua's deceit will lead to completely different results than the one she is expecting. What goes around comes around.

-Yash and Aarti are living in some kind of illusive world where they think that time will make them a wonderful family of five. It is not time but themselves who need to make that happen. The kids still haven't had the luxury of their parents sitting together and explaining the changes happening to them. So much of the insecurities and pain and animosity between Palak and Ansh could have been avoided. First Palak was the bully, now Ansh has taken over the mantle. Very sad.

-Is Yash ever going to realize how easy he had it with Ansh? I have to applaud the writers for giving us this particular twist. I always resented the fact that Aarti did so much to bring together Yash and Ansh by always reiterating to Ansh that Yash loves him and cares for him. Yash hasn't done even .5% of what Aarti did to bridge the differences between Aarti and Palak. Through the debate track, I hope Yash and Aarti realize the amount of work they have to do with the children. Together and supporting each other- if not the outsiders will always be able to pit the children against the parents like Bua did today.

-Is the end important or the means by which you get to the end important. Aarti emphasized on putting in effort to win. Yash put emphasis on the winning and turned it into a competition. Finally for the kids it became about coming first and not about the experience gained in participation. I wonder if it is something that CVs are going to address by making ArYa realize that they were on different page with regards to this debate.

-Finally Yash and Aarti.Embarrassed I think this particular scene of Aarti playing with the rain drops is going to be one of my favorite scenes of Aarti. There is a beautiful saying:
"Interesting is the concept of lost and found as it pertains to love; when a soul is lost, they yearn to be found. Ah, but when a soul does find what it has been seeking, it yearns to become lost in that soul." This is Aarti's predicament. She yearns to be lost in Yash but he is still lost in his past that is never going to come back. But his faith that nothing or none is going to touch his soul is beginning to shake. I love the way the the CVs are taking this.  

Edited by angake - 20 July 2012 at 8:33pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

RosepeaTelly.Addictredeye2012rusha4003Pearl_27KamliKudiMelodiousDreamsAllbut1saf24SamanalyseZetterjyoti06EnchantedForestLoveforlifepickachu

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
@Kirthi: I so loved what you had to say today. Each insightful word sort of echoed what I tried to say myself. It's uncanny how you and Samana sometimes (read almost all the time) are on the same frequency as mine. Parenting is no cakewalk...it has to be worked upon on a daily basis, coz each day brings new challenges. Come evening and Yash and Aarti will be jolted out of their fool's paradise..."hamaare dono bachche first ayenge" is so utopian. It's like the saying, "There's only one perfect child in this world and every parent has it." Time for reality check...

@Saf: Oh...what a wonderful take, dear. ClapLoved all the quotes you used. Yup, the increase in communication level is helping them move on in their relationship.

EDIT: Now, I go on to read all other takes.Smile

Edited by InduG64 - 20 July 2012 at 8:41pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012Pearl_27KamliKudinirmalac99angakeMelodiousDreamssaf24SamanalyseZetterjyoti06EnchantedForestLoveforlifepickachu

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by InduG64

@Kirthi: I so loved what you had to say today. Each insightful word sort of echoed what I tried to say myself. It's uncanny how you and Samana sometimes (read almost all the time) are on the same frequency as mine. Parenting is no cakewalk...it has to be worked upon on a daily basis, coz each day brings new challenges. Come evening and Yash and Aarti will be jolted out of their fool's paradise..."hamaare dono bachche first ayenge" is so utopian. It's like the saying, "There's only one perfect child in this world and every parent has it." Time for reality check...

@Indu, trust me it is the same feeling my dear friend. I am amazed at how much I am in tune with you guys too. I am not even sure I bother to out down my thoughts because the two of you especially would have already said every little detail I wanted touch upon.

Utopian! Ha such a perfect description. Parenting is no cakewalk. So so true. I am still doing it and there are millions who have done it before us and millions who will do it after us. Everyday brings it own challenges. Aarti being pulled between her two children is something that I am sure many parents go through on a regular basis. Most parents act based on the situation, isn't it? Sometimes one child needs more attention than the other and other times the other child needs more attention.  "You love her more or you love him more" is something that we hear constantly in our households. And that is exactly what Ansh and Palak are doing. I am so glad that the CVs are dealing with this aspect of parenting and I am quite surprised to read many here suggesting that Aarti was unfair. I don't think she was unfair at all. It was just that in that particular moment she felt one child needed her more than the other child. It is so hard to give all your children the exact same amount of attention all the time.

Indu, I am getting angrier by the day at Yash. Why is he so blind with what is happening with Palak? After the birthday fiasco he seems to have come to terms with Aarti's betrayal yet he hasn't made any moves to sort out what happened on that day with Palak. I really hope this track teaches both Yash and Aarti but Yash in particular some hard truths. But I guess I am wishing for the stars!Ouch

Also will it ever come out in the open about how Palak bullied Ansh and now how Ansh is doing the same? Angry

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012KamliKudinirmalac99rusha4003Pearl_27saf24SamanalyseMelodiousDreamsInduG64Zetterjyoti06EnchantedForestLoveforlifepickachu

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:28pm | IP Logged

I think G3 has passed on her "Bhulne ki Bimari" to me. I had to struggle to recall the episode, not because it was bad, but because there was so much packed in, each significant not by itself but because they served as links - some closed loops, some reinforced, and some set the stage for interesting things to come. Anyway, after a bit of a struggle (on my part), here's my take as snippets.

1.     The CV had to show Bua successfully entering the kids' room, successfully opening Ansh's bag, successfully extract the note, successfully read it (since Ansh specifically requested Yash write in Hindi, just so this drama could ensue). 

2.     Bua is a person who can neither appreciate goodness in anyone nor appreciate anyone who can appreciate goodness in another. Her expressions, as she reads Yash's description of Ansh's teacher are a mockery of the teacher as well as Yash. Bua perhaps has never been appreciated herself because she's has never sought it. I suppose, before her widowhood, her social status combined with her own arrogance made her think of herself as an empress whom everyone else had to appreciate. She finds that post widowhood and the sudden disappearance of her social position, she has to actually work for any appreciation. While she can't bring herself down to the level of 'asking' for it, her desire is revealed when she makes weird faces and noises,as others create mutual appreciation clubs. 

3.     Bua has a close shave when Yash asks Ansh to read out the speech at breakfast. That was a nice touch.  This is the sort of executional creativity that is expected from them.  At one level, they created the thrill moments when Bua gets a minor heart-attack and at another, they reinforced Yash's character as a responsible and caring father (almost), as he comes calling out to Ansh. It was all natural and they did this in less than a minute!

4.     It is another matter that Ansh never even read the speech as he promised.  And Aarti doesn't check on Ansh because the parents are taking the competition way too seriously. Not writing the speech seems to preclude everything else. Anyway, Ansh takes it cool. His over-confidence will be his downfall.

5.     Each parent boosts the confidence of his/her assigned ward of the day, as Bua thinks on-her-feet and drops the glass of water to distract.

6.     Overall, the breakfast moments were nice as Aarti plays the mother to pitch-perfection - the tiffin boxes coming back empty (reminded me of the 100th episode joint interview of Kratika, Gurmeet and Debina, LOL!), and the kids giving a hard time to the car driver (another natural touch there).

7.     The cloak and dagger game spills into Prateek-Paridhi's bedroom and life, as Paridhi appraises her mother of the happenings in the dark of the night as Prateek overhears the conversation as he pretends to sleep. Earlier in the day, Paridhi lies to Prateek and Prateek snoops into her cell-phone. Subterfuge levels increasing.

8.     Aarti is worried about Palak's performance. She's a natural worrier. It is a throw-back to the way she worried about Ansh. Aarti is lost in thoughts as she lets the tea boil beyond recognition. Aarti hasn't been making proper tea lately.  A question for the more intense lovers of PV - is tea a character in PV as well?

9.     There was a time when G3's appearance along with her big round goggling eyes scared the wits out of me, but here we see that she's been tamed as she comes to enquire about Aarti. Two generations worry about Palak's performance as they reassure each other that all would be well. When G3 brings up the birthday fiasco, Aarti worries some more and decides to go worry Yash.

10.   Aarti goes to Yash for reassurance yet doesn't feel confident to speak out her worries. Her apologies for cutting him off as he leaves the house, and for her previous 'childishness' transgression (according to Yash), and then finally coming out with her worries are cute, but using this method too often can get a bit grating and tired.  

11.   Yash only needs moments like this to become heroic as he takes on the role of reassuring Aarti. I love their over-confidence as they are sure that no other parent can write better than them.

12.   Ansh was the star with his silent expressions as he tries to mock, taunt, and tease Palak without a spoken word. His smug and sniggering smiles do its job as Palak recalls Bua's words and fails to say a word from her speech. Ansh and Palak were outstanding. And my earlier instincts on a budding sibling rivalry was right on. 

13.   The entire sequence of scenes from Aarti rushing to save the clothes from getting wet again, turning back compelled by the beauty of the rain, and playing with the rain drops was beautifully executed, with the only dark spot being Yash's dark looks at the sight. What is his grouse exactly? Is he mad at rain? Can't be. Is he mad at Aarti for playing with a few drop of rain from the safety of the sit-out? Can't be. Does he associate childish playfulness a.k.a immaturity and rain with Arpita's loss? Yes.  The irrational Yash of Palak's Birthday is back. To this day, I suppose he feels that Arpita simply threw her life away in the rain due to her immature actions and put him on a life-long path of miserable loneliness.  Here's where Yash betrays his feelings for Aarti when he sub-consciously acknowledges Aarti's position as his wife as he tersely asks her to cut it out and close the windows and then walks away. So, instead of speaking of AKJ, it is PKJ we need to talk about - Patni ki Jagah. AKJ is not vacant and never will be, but a new position has opened up on the side, which is on par with AKJ in all respects. Aarti is clearly making inroads here as Yash is unable to differentiate between Arpita and Aarti from the perspective of PKJ.  It is this sense of ownership and responsibility that moves him to remain unmoved and glued to the spot as he waits to show his displeasure to Aarti before storming off. Why didn't he just walk away the moment he saw her?

Episode One-Line Review: An overwhelming collage of moments that opens up windows everywhere for us to peep out of and enjoy a different view.  

Edited by redeye2012 - 20 July 2012 at 10:46pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpTelly.Addictlamspadmavarangakerusha4003Pearl_27nirmalac99KamliKudiInduG64Zettersaf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroMelodiousDreamsAllbut1jyoti06EnchantedForestpickachu

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the stuff I just finished reading in here, the last of which was Red's superb take! My nighttime friends (and my "early bird" friends, of course, even though I don't actually get a chance to talk to many of you), thanks for all the thought-provoking company you provide on a daily basis!

Telly.Addictpadmavarredeye2012KamliKudiPearl_27angakenirmalac99saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zetterjyoti06pickachu

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
<<We should be blaming them BOTH for falling short in this parenting 'game'.>> 

@Sungum: Hi!!! I am totally going by your post, as I haven't yet gone through the previous pages...and I agree...though I wouldn't use the word "blame"...I'd rather say, lack of understanding in not preempting this unforeseen problem. But then some experiences in life can never be preempted; they can only be learnt after one hits upon them. If Aarti gave more attention to Palak, she did it because she rightfully felt that in this case Palak needed her more...not because Ansh needed her less. She knows Ansh and knows he is much more than capable of handling a speech. As for Ansh, he is learning the hard way that he doesn't have solitary hold on his mother anymore. Palak and Payal need her equally. You remember what a self-centered brat he used to be? Well...that part of him is playing up again. Of the three, Payal is the most accepting and not possessive at all...that's why she never had any issues with anyone. For her, they are one big happy family. But Ansh and Palak both suffer from the possessive syndrome...and Yash and Aarti have to work together to remove this insecurity. Sibling rivalry happens on a daily basis in every household...in mine as well: If I am having an animated chat with my son, my daughter has to come and pull me away to attend to some made-up problem of hers. Children do fight for their parents' exclusive attention. Thereby, I found it quite admirable that Aarti should go to Yash with Ansh's problem...and that they sorted it out together, though Yash's solution is debatable. I am sure Arpita never involved Yash in their daughters' day-to-day issues. As such, when she died, he didn't have any clue regarding parenting...all he knew was he had to love them a lot, cuddle them, do few tending-to activities. The kiddy issues were left for Gayatri and bua to solve...Part of Palak's problem is the upbringing of the past four years.

So, if anything has to blamed, it has to be the circumstances. But things are changing now. Aarti likes to involve Yash in the children's issues...and he is rising to the occasion each time...and learning all the time. He is becoming proactive thanks to Aarti. And since they are working cohesively now, these teething problems will soon be over.

Sorry...that got a bit long.Embarrassed

Edited by InduG64 - 20 July 2012 at 10:32pm

sjnpTelly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99Pearl_27angakeKamliKudiMelodiousDreamssaf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroZetterjyoti06pickachu

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MelodiousDreams

I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the stuff I just finished reading in here, the last of which was Red's superb take! My nighttime friends (and my "early bird" friends, of course, even though I don't actually get a chance to talk to many of you), thanks for all the thought-provoking company you provide on a daily basis!

Hey Borna...thanks re. It's a pleasure and honor to be in such a vibrant, progressive milieu. Each day one ends up learning something from somebody. Thoughts don't need face, do they? They navigate on their own to the way to the hearts who accept them. Such varied people from across the world...varying in many other parameters as well...but having one thing in common: everyone here comes in with open arms, that is, acceptance.Smile Hug

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012KamliKudiangakePearl_27saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroMelodiousDreamsZetterjyoti06pickachu

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jyoti06

I m wondering what did Bua write in that precious speech ?? LOLLOL... she will start with "Mere bhagwan ki kasam .. mere favourite teacher hai ..." ... thats it .. she will get caught easily LOL

@Jyo...

That was hilarious. LOLAs it is I am disappointed at the level of stupidity she has been displaying recently. This will be her crowning glory!!

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictnirmalac99KamliKudirusha4003angakeMelodiousDreamssaf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zetterjyoti06pickachu

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index