20/7 Dragon Club: Bua's Betrayal - Page 21

Posted: 11 years ago
Okay I swear this is my last post before I sign off.

Red, Indu love you girls. I am not good at being eloquent but I am pretty good at sincerity and that what it is. 🤗See you soon.
@Red: Indeed AKJ is separating from PKJ! And I think that is partly because of the changes in Yash himself. The qualities that perhaps made Arpita perfect for PKJ when she was alive, are no longer enough to help Aarti come into her own as his wife because Yash is such a different person after Arpita's death. In many ways he grew up after that turning point in his life and it is not a reversible reaction, as his thick family members seem to assume. He is irrevocably different and while AKJ will always remain, because deep down the old Yash will always remain a part of the new one, Yash needs someone with a little something more than Arpita to fill the vacant space in PKJ.

In short, I think AKJ is a subset of PKJ, and as the now, deeper and broader (in terms of emotions and perspective) Yash's needs are explored, PKJ expands while AKJ stays the same. At first AKJ and PKJ were equal but as Aarti comes and fulfills needs that Yash didn't know he had, PKJ expands while AKJ stays constant. Yash needs so much more from a wife now than he did from Arpita when he was married to her, and that is where Aarti, with her depth and breadth of experience and perspective comes into the picture. She will fill the ever expanding PKJ, while not intruding on the fixed area of AKJ, that will gradually grow smaller by comparison.

I hope this makes the slightest iota of sense outside of my head. Lemme know if you want a diagram because it can be arranged. 🤓

@Indu: I agree. The competition thing was a dumb idea. They should have absolutely explained to Ansh why Palak needed a little extra help in the situation and you are right, he may even have supported her if they gave him that responsibility. Also, Yash took the competition thing to Aarti and himself, which was another inadvertent mistake. He had the best of intentions, to assure Aarti that he would write the speech because it was his job as Ansh's parent, but by doing that he also sort of alienated Aarti and she might have felt that if she asked Ansh about his speech or interfered, it would be seen as her undermining Yash's words when he said this was a competition.

She is doing a delicate balancing act where one false move could topple everything over, but little does she know that many false clues have been thrown in the kids' path despite all her actions. I forgive Yash, but there is no denying that this is a big mistake on his part. Then again, he just jumped into being a proactive parent without knowing how to go about it. He is a bit of a bull in a china shop, isn't he, trying to solve problems with one grand gesture. He has a lot to learn about patience and perseverance. Slow and steady wins the race, after all! Come to think of it, Yash-Ansh vs Aarti-Palak relationship building is rather like the hare and the tortoise respectively.

@Kirthi: I was so confused for a minute because after all the hype about your new DP, I could only see the old one. But now I can see it and it is very beautiful. 😊
Edited by Samanalyse - 11 years ago
@Sammy...

That's a beautiful exposition of PKJ. I do want a add a few thoughts. Rushing off to my nephew's birthday party. Tomorrow for sure...

@angake: Pastawali?😃 

Pasta pass karne wali cheez hai. (channeling the latest Pizza Hut ad in India)...Similarly Arpita as well...

@Samana: Knew you'd understand. My parental antenna had gone into alert mode the moment he suggested that competition...and yeah, I too forgive the lovable dunce, simply because he is trying. It might be a fumbling start..just like the three-legged race...but he did manage to get his son across, didn't he? He'll get there and be the best father in the family...may give a few lessons to SP as well on the way. By the way, I thought he flirted with Aarti there when she extended help...and she flirted right back. It was so endearingly natural.
@Red: Thanks! I am glad it made sense. I am eagerly looking forward to your response. 😃

@Indu: Actually, they could have very well used the example of the race to explain to Ansh, telling him that just like Yash supported him in the race, Aarti had to help Palak with the speech so they could both do well. In any case, Yash's solution of writing the speech himself was very honourable and the fact remains that had Bua not interfered, all would have been well. But then that is Bua's job isn't it, to pick out the tiniest inconsistencies and exacerbate them. If Bua managed a coup, it leads straight back the fact that Aarti and Yash left her a crack to drive a wedge in. To avoid the effect of her evil doings entirely, Yash and Aarti have to become airtight as a parenting unit. Splitting up is obviously unavoidable in certain situations but making that split visible to the kids is a bad idea. I hope that is the lesson they take away from this whole incident. 

Yash was absolutely flirting with Aarti when he brought  the competition to their level, and she responded in turn. But I think she took the whole thing a bit too seriously, in that she thought that he would be offended if she dared interfere, thinking that she mistook him for not being capable himself. Aarti can't express her love, but she can ensure that Yash knows she trusts him, which like she was explaining to Shobha, defines their relationship at this point. Taking an active role in Ansh's speech may have seemed to her like showing distrust in Yash, which would undermine their whole relationship. And since she can't say what she feels, that trust is precious to her.

In short, both kids lost out because of words and actions that weren't even directed at them. Bua was trying to undercut Aarti but ended up sealing Palak's doom and Yash was trying to ease the tension and later flirt with Aarti, but ended up stoking Ansh's competitive spirit, making him over confident by ensuring they would win and excluding Aarti from the whole process.

Yash needs to learn the power of his own words, that even something he says in good humour and fun is taken so seriously by the people around him, be it Ansh, Aarti or Palak. I don't think he realises his own value and how these people hang onto his every word, rather than just the essence behind them that he is trying to convey. Once he understands that, he will be good to go.
Punar VivahYash has written a speech for Ansh which Buaji changes secretly. Do you think this situation will create a misunderstanding between Aarti and Yash?

What an excellent question?😆

On a serious note their is one great pic attached to it...and please tell me from which episode this pic is taken.Here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=250958925020517&set=a.158537384262672.32093.158335050949572&type=1&permPage=1

Edited by pearlnarang - 11 years ago
@Samana: I loved your interpretation there. It's true...if we look at the broader picture, Palak and Ansh come across as pawns of adult games played by Bua and Yash/Aarti (the innocent one who got roped in)...albeit, obviously, with diametrically opposite motives. If Yash had just written the speech and left it at that, and if Aarti had explained to Ansh why Palak needed her more, things may have been different. Ansh may have supported Palak in front of the class when she froze just as he had done on her birthday. But this competition thing saw him get into a competitive mood in a nasty way...In a twisted way he is getting back at Aarti for neglecting him. Yash might have thought it a good idea to turn it into a playful family competition so that Ansh doesn't feel too bad about Aarti's silence, but it boomeranged as the frivolity was lost on Ansh. Why Ansh only? Even bua took it seriously...hence the malicious plan. 

As for Aarti, I totally agree, she doesn't want to ruffle Yash's feathers in any which way. Trust is the only thing she is allowed to openly give him...so, the moment she feels she has erred she goes into sorry-sorry mode. He has given her an open hand regarding the children, so the one time he takes a decision for them...there's no way she is going to dispute his solution. But, in trying to please Yash, she is bending a little too much I feel. She doesn't have to contradict him...but she can put across her viewpoint in a congenial way. He appreciated it when on the few occasions she negated his wishes and gave her opinion during the Neelam track. He has seen her differently. If she continues in this ever-to-please manner, he is going to smell a rat soon.😕
@ Samana and Indu-fab discussion.
However,I don't think Aarti found any fault with what Yash said. She looked relieved. I don't think the severe implications of the word competetion crossed any of their minds. Had it crossed Aarti's mind,  she would have spoken to Yash about it. I think by now she understands him well enough, and she knows that Yash won't misunderstand her concern as mistrust towards him.

Yash shouldn't hv talked about competetion to Ansh. But Aarti did not realize the effects it could have on him either. She seemed happy to be left alone with Palak's concerns, and I don't blame her at all, in fact I am more proud of her. Palak needed her attention more than Ansh and she gave it, with all her heart. 

I think Aarti is a much better parent than Yash is.But this time, she was stuck b/w Ansh and Palak.  Had Bua not questioned her about choosing between her own child and her stepchildren, I am sure Aarti would have written the speech for Ansh as well. However, Bua's words made her apprehensive of Palak's reaction if Ansh won after reading her speech.So, when Yash helped her out , her relief overshadowed her understanding and she never thought of the consequences of what that word could do to Ansh. In fact Aarti should have been the one to recognize the problem first, since she knew Ansh better than Yash. But she had a bigger problem in mind, and so excusably, she missed this one.

Yash, on the other hand, never gave it a thought! He has a long way to go before learning such little but very important things about parenting. He hit upon the right solution with Ansh, but made a mistake when he tried to lighten the situation by making it to be a competetion b/w himself and aarti. He is instinctively a good parent, as in , he makes the correct decisions to quite an extent, but he has to learn the subtler stuff yet. He did try to make Ansh understand that this competetion was no longer b/w him and Palak. The instinct was right. Somewhere he knew, Ansh should be made aware of the fact .But,  he added that it was between him and aarti, as a joke, and  did not realize that Ansh was too young to comprehend such humour in its true sense; for him a competetion between his parents was tantamount to one b/w him and Palak! 
Edited by DMKJ_VB - 11 years ago
Well was able to go to the market and still got drenched on my way home cause some idiot parked right behind me and the awkward moment when the person came to move the car...It was my ex boyfriend 🤢 😆

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far! 😊 

@Red: Anytime Hun!...Same here, there has to be more to boa's cruelty than her being jealous of anothe "widow" getting re-married...I really hope the CVs would give us so backstory about her soon

@Indu: You're very welcome ❤️...thanks as well, I would really liked to see that happen and given the new dynamic of AarYa's relationship right now I can totally see Yash playing along by making some sad faces while Aarti is scolding him 😆 😆 

@Jyo: I can't wait to see Yash in action...I like when he has his man to man talks with Ansh...they are so cute 😳 

Saf: You're welcome!...😆 well i hope you're having a stress free weekend so far.

@All: Wonderful discussions everyone 👏 👏 👏 👏... It seems that next week is gonna be very interesting with AarYa trying to do damage control after the havoc boa has caused...Can't wait for CVs to surprise us like they always do 😉
@Indu: Thanks. Yes. Aarti needs to take a step back and sort of put her head around the fact that if Yash does something it is not right by default. Because of that sort of divine quality she ascribes to him, when he takes action and exceeds her expectations she is blind to any faults that he might have. It is wonderful to see how the process of falling in love, which is making Aarti blind to Yash's flaws, may also deter effective parenting because she can't spot where he is going wrong. It is perhaps the reason she didn't pick up on the dangerous competition idea when she was so quick to reprimand Yash for changing Ansh's school, for telling him to make faces back and Palak and Payal and for bribing him. It complicates this PV in a whole new way if we think that perhaps Aarti's feelings that Yash can do no wrong are making her a slightly less vigilant parent. This is just a thought and referring specifically to her not picking up on the danger of the competition thing, not to her prioritising Palak over Ansh, on that I am totally with her.

@Ria:

So, when Yash helped her out , her relief overshadowed her understanding

You have a point here. While I do believe she had some initial apprehensions about Yash writing Ansh's speech, given that she asked if he needed help, the moment Yash assured her, through his lighthearted banter that he would take responsibility she let go completely. Basically, she was overwhelmed by how Yash exceeded her expectations. It would have been enough for her if he just told Ansh he would write the speech, but Yash actually promises to do it and that is where she loses her understanding because she is so taken aback by his kindness.

I also like your assessment of Yash. He does have the right instincts, only he needs to pick up on the nuances. This has been his mistake from the beginning, though it is becoming more pronounced as he becomes more proactive. He is a viewer of the bigger picture, even in the case of Neelam, when Yash was the one who made the big promise, and Aarti the one who came up with the immediate solutions. He has a lot to learn from her as a parent, that is for sure, but she has a lot to learn too and it is exciting that they are on this journey together.