Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

ArHi FF!! Event Horizon - Ch 8(A), Sep 11, Pg 25 (Page 16)

-Dee- IF-Dazzler
-Dee-
-Dee-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Hey QT, 

I apologise for this late comment on chapter 4(a). Comments might be delayed or even absent. School's become a little more hectic - what with blank answer scripts, glorifying marks and imploring remarks of need to study. Sorry, I am babbling.

It is strange how Khushi seemed a little too away from reality in the previous and here she is a little to absorbed in the harshness of life and its eccentricities. 

A change in perspective or just a different shade of life - a grey, maybe?Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

QuiteThoughtfullatekateKrishnaluv94

-Dee- IF-Dazzler
-Dee-
-Dee-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 11:41am | IP Logged
You know, it's like that moment in HP when he asks Dumbledore, "Is it real or is this going on in my head?" and the old man replies, "Of course it is going on in your head but that doesn't mean it isn't real." 

Surreal but the words of the girl seemed true!  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

QuiteThoughtful-PoisonIvylatekateJammy-Krishnaluv94

LoveArnavKhushi Senior Member
LoveArnavKhushi
LoveArnavKhushi

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 12:29am | IP Logged
This story is moving in very nice way.. I am loving it.. I would like to know more..waiting for next update..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

QuiteThoughtful

CynicalNoob Groupbie
CynicalNoob
CynicalNoob

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
I have a bad feeling about this. That's all I can say. It's more depressing to see that Khushi is sucked into an idea which may not even be real. (I am currently entertaining the fact that it's fully real as it so happens often you-know-where...) It would have been good if she had gone back to work...and into real world, meet Arnav, talk to him or fight...anything. But this...is not good.

Of course I am fully clueless as to what is happening with the story anymore and with last update, the game is completely changed. So it's going to be interesting to see how its gonna go.

CN

PS: I am so borrowing your idea of frequent updates. But not sure if I can actually pull it off. Just so, am sending you a PM talking more about the content of this chapter. It triggered an old memory involving Sandman, Batman and Wolverine.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

QuiteThoughtful-PoisonIvybarunxoxoHappy-go-luckylatekate-Dee-Krishnaluv94basicquestion1

-PoisonIvy Groupbie
-PoisonIvy
-PoisonIvy

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

You know, it's like that moment in HP when he asks Dumbledore, "Is it real or is this going on in my head?" and the old man replies, "Of course it is going on in your head but that doesn't mean it isn't real." 

Surreal but the words of the girl seemed true!  

I was too lazy to quote that HP moment verbatim when I commented. ;) But, thank you! This is exactly what I was reminded of too! :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

QuiteThoughtfullatekate-Dee-Jammy-Krishnaluv94

Jammy- IF-Dazzler
Jammy-
Jammy-

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 5:03am | IP Logged
It was an odd update! The diner girl's words surely reminded me too of the conversation between HP and Dumbledore!! I am intrigued as to what happens next? What now?

Her Aunt's words are the same words the society usues for situation like these!! Standing up for what you believe isnt wrong,, but one should be ready to face the consequences as well! Stand right by what you believe!! No amount of pressure should crack your belief!! Khushi stood by what she believed now its time to listen and IGNORE the world!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

QuiteThoughtfullatekateKrishnaluv94basicquestion1

QuiteThoughtful Newbie
QuiteThoughtful
QuiteThoughtful

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 10:11am | IP Logged

Chapter 5(a):

"Get up Khushi, it's already seven…" Payal came into the room and found Khushi's bed empty. It was made neatly as if she never slept. Khushi had completely stopped talking in the house after what had happened on Friday morning. It was already Monday and Khushi had probably spoken fifteen sentences at the most.

It wasn't the first time her aunt had exploded. Each time the topic of her failed wedding was mentioned, her parents' mood turned sad while her aunt's turned sour. However after about twelve hours of brewing in sadness and anger everyone in the house became okay and things went back to being normal – Khushi being her own hyper energetic self, her parents somber and her aunt, less grumpy.

"Are you leaving already?" Payal asked Khushi who was picking an apple from fruit basket. Khushi nodded wordlessly. The early morning din that was signature of the household was absent that morning.

Silence noosed everyone's neck that morning.

He saw her standing in front of the elevator, head down. He wanted to get a two hour head start and so he had decided to come in early.  He had also hoped that he could drop by Khushi's office in morning and take her for a cup of coffee. He was surprised to see her that early. She was unusually still which was very odd compared to her regular whimsical self. He quickened his pace and stood next to her. She didn't notice his presence but the stillness about her was disappeared. She was tapping her right foot slowly.

"Hello," he said. There was no response from her; just rhythmic tapping of foot and staring at floor.  "Hello." He said again, raising his voice a bit. She looked up from floor and turned her neck towards him. She smiled and nodded. She turned back at elevator when its doors opened.

"I am sorry I couldn't meet you on Friday" Arnav said hitting the buttons. There was again no response from her. "Khushi," he called her out again. She looked at him with a questioning glance and he repeated his apology. She held his gaze for a moment and shrugged and went back to gazing the floor.

"Can I make up for that missed coffee today?" He asked hesitating.

"Why?" She asked her first word of the day.

"Because I missed our meeting on Friday," he replied.

"Why?" Two on two made her blue.

"I got busy in my work and lost track of time," he said looking at her.

"Why?" Three for three would make her free?

"Because I had a deadline and everything apart from work escaped my mind," he said not knowing where this was going.

"Why?" She asked finally looked at him. Would four on four make her a bore?

"I don't get distracted when I am concentrating on work," he said picking out the second part of his previous answer. He still had no idea where this was going.

"Why?" She now crossed her hands on her chest and furrowed her eyebrows. But six on six put her in a fix.

"I have good concentration?" He asked more than answered. Elevator doors opened then motioning arrival of her floor.

"Why?" Seven on seven got her close to her pseudo haven. She pressed the button to close elevator doors and waited for a response.

"I don't know." He said. Before she could reply, he added. "I am sorry that I didn't even call you to cancel the appointment. I am sorry that I forgot. I am…sorry." His apology was sincere without any malcontent.

He stepped out of the elevator and waited for her to say something.

"I want to take you somewhere today evening," she said halting the closing elevator door.

"Where?" He asked, his curiosity taking over momentarily.

"It's a place where different worlds meet for a cup of coffee." She said and let the elevator doors close.

Arnav stood there in surprise watching the steel doors wondering what she meant.

To be continued.

The following 40 member(s) liked the above post:

karthimanpriyakamkarv5a1s6Eternalallureyadiyadamrign5armadnikipukiDreamer-89TRND86agshilpaamritabArchu61soniachammubarunxoxovvinikhushiiXOXOkushikumari-Siaa-lovespellvaleyrielatekateShweta1691vidya.sanjaysegad-Dee-N0306surita12chevalipkkndfanforevaTwilightStar_JPreflorated207shikhacaskerAmti4uKrishnaluv94basicquestion1applesauce.SillyPepper-afsha-

-Dee- IF-Dazzler
-Dee-
-Dee-

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 10:13am | IP Logged
R!

Why is the fifth why missing? Is it as lost as the thirteenth floor? Is that fifth why and thirteenth floor Event Horizon?

Just curious!

Edited by -Dee- - 14 August 2012 at 10:52am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

QuiteThoughtfullatekateJammy-Krishnaluv94

Go to top