Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Looks like after a point, ideals cost too high and happiness becomes a need than a want
loving QT-CN convos :)
CynicalNoob thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
You just did not say Comic Vine. I must admit that I was taken aback in surprise when I saw that. The thing about fan-wars: bang on! I am yet to absorb the dynamics of this forum and I must say that it has been a difficult experience. Something tells me that the experience is little off for you too?

Every character in this story has a conflict - doing right and being practical. Being practical doesn't mean immoral; not always at least. But the distinction between the two gets narrower and lines get blurry and dotted when you add humane element to it. What is important? Family or principles? When one's family embraces one of their member's ideology, would that make them happier? Would that make them right? I feel sorry for Khushi for doing what she did and living with repercussions.

Do I believe she did the right thing? Now, I am not sure.

CN

PS: Which one of the trinity?
QuiteThoughtful thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail

Note: Please remove me from your PM list if you aren't interested in reading this. I think I am sending personal messages to those who aren't reading this story.

Chapter 4b

"If you hadn't opened your damn mouth during wedding, we wouldn't be seeing this day today," her aunt grumbled loud enough for Khushi to hear.  It pricked her when her parents silently asserted that statement. The hunger she felt when she woke up died in her stomach. Her throat felt constricted but she held her head high and got ready for work.

"Look at where all this has got us. It's just not your sister's life you ruined but also my brother's." Her aunt continued to grumble. Their finances had been hit and her father's sweet shop business was shut down due to foreclosures.  The continued silence in the house was stabbing her and tearing her apart with every passing day. 

In her view, it was the most destructive way of living – where one person's point of view was always wrong and she was absolved from any happiness; because happiness came with its own set of preconditions.

"I wonder if you had done something so insensitive had it been your real sister." Her aunt didn't spare a breath in making her an alien.

Silence this time was deadly.

She wandered aimlessly in the city. Her body was high strung and she felt wound by a deadly spring. Work was out of question; a simple call which lasted forty seven seconds had her supervisor accepting her leave. She purposely took a bus which took her to an alien and run down part of the city where she knew she would be ignored.

"Welcome!" A bright chirpy voice called her in as she stood on threshold of an old diner. She was momentarily disoriented when the dimness of the room hit her hard.

"Thank you," she mumbled walking in. Once her eyes readjusted after being in sunshine for so long, she glanced over the diner. By the looks of it, the diner looked cheap. Each plastic table had four plastic chairs and there were four sets. On the other end, there was just one set of table and chairs behind which was a refrigerator with glass door filled with less than a dozen bottles of cola.

"Sit anywhere you want. With anyone you want," the patron a girl who was probably of her age said.

"Excuse me?" Khushi asked wondering if she had misheard the girl.

"Everyone knows each other here. They know you too." The girl said with a large smile.

"How?" Khushi asked puzzled.

"It's Event Horizon," the girl said with a laugh pointing to the name plaque. "It's the name of this diner," she added for good measure. Khushi nodded in realization.

"When despair from words sink into skin and then into flesh, it takes years to get it out. But when the despair sticks to your bones, you ache every time someone asks you to smile. Your bones painfully creek when you hurry to your loved ones. And one day the dam breaks and every single emotion you treasured are flooded and are lost forever. Before despair sucks you into its dark abyss, this diner finds you." The girl suddenly sounded much older than she looked. Was it in the timbre of her voice or the haunting look in her eyes?

"Is this real?" Khushi asked the girl. "Am I dreaming?" There was mild panic her voice.

"You seem awfully sure you were awake all this time," the young woman trilled in laughter.

To be continued.
surita12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice update and thanks for the pm. Looking forward to the next part.😊
...Penknife... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
interestign update...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
continue soon
catalyst thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
this sounds soo intriguing...continue soon!
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Felt bad for Khushi
N0306 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Just read all the chapters.. Excellent work..

The way they collided.. It was cute.. Their conversation in the lift was casual and easy as if it was the most normal thing to do.

And she asked him for coffee... Unfortunately he forgot all about it in work.. Poor khushi..

Last chapter was intense.. How you feel when u stand up for crime and your family is not the ones who support you even if you are right one.. Can't they see marrying Payal off to a family who is greedy enough to ask for dowery.. could never keep Payal happy..
Happy-go-lucky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Firstly, QT, I'm sad. Very, very sad indeed. I miss out on commenting on 1 of your updates, and you send me such a love-filled pm (p{h}un intended)... You are strict, woman! I was about to comment on the previous chapter, when I saw that you have already posted the next one,...
 Now, coming to the updates, they were really nice...
 Could understand Khushi's dilemma to some extent... Sometimes the choices one makes based on one's ideals can cost one a lot... But should the person give up his/her ideologies then? I guess he/she shouldn't if he/she isn't wrong (don't know if my blabbering makes sense to you)
And at last, the place-'The Event Horizon'... Really seems like a dream, a ray of hope for dearest Khushi...
P.s. I won't delete you from my buddy list, but please don't delete me from yours ... :-( Edited by Happy-go-lucky - 11 years ago
ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
nice update!

thanks for the pm.😊
srry was busy..just caught up with the chapters.