Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QuiteThoughtful thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: CynicalNoob

Love at first sight eh? Frankly, I am a wee bit disappointed at this "I saw you and I am in love with you" mode that Khushi just pulled on us. Sure there is attraction between the two and by the looks of it probably a truck load of chemistry too. But it was all too soon for Khushi to derive a conclusion based on two interactions and handful of words. I cannot fathom reasons as to why a woman like Khushi with her wistful thinking, abstract reasoning and Kafkaesque imagination would be flabbergasted by a concept called 'love'

I was expecting her to be little more than a woman confusing attraction to love.

CN

Not surprisingly you have yet again jumped (more of sky rocket-ed) to conclusion with your predisposed set of theories without understanding why the character is displaying a set of emotions. What Khushi is facing her is an overwhelming sense of attraction which may or may not constitute to love but she is now there at a place where the line is dotted. She is this bleak steel and cement of an office building where her human interactions is limited to cafeteria vendors and building security unless you count people assigning her work without bothering to look at her or remembering her name. She is taken aback at the onslaught of newness and she gives in, goes with the flow.

Personally, I am annoyed at your tone - her momentary lapse in logic and following the feelings that ran through her can be used against her individualism and integrity. People can exist without being total douche bag or exhibiting asshole-in-shining armor mentality.

QT
Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Dee-

I think that tempest has come and the thirteenth-non-existent floor might just disappear in thin air from Khushi's list because Arnav forgot the coincidental meeting.

Insightful, QT! 😊

Are you telepathic? Or were you abducted by aliens and they gave you some ESP powers for free for all your help?

Engager 1 Thumbnail

Note: Hi Guys! How are you all doing? I have been traveling and...surviving redundancy. Yeah redundancy of two very senior folks I had to work with whose knowledge can be found in second year engineering syllabus. So I was stuck between 'let me dig a hole right here and die' and 'the technical solution you provided makes Commodore 64 look like futuristic technology'. Anyway I am back, embracing my city once again and desperately trying to find sometime to breathe slowly, braid my hair and...write.

So here is the plan. I don't have too much of time on my hands to write very long updates so I thought I will post small updates frequently - say once a day or once in two days. This way the story gets its own flow and dynamics is manageable.

Do you guys this it's a wise idea? Tell me in your comments. I get all gooey when I see a comment. I mean comments on my posts on Comic Vine is great but on IF - its just phenomenal!

This is Comic Vine, in case you are wondering. (http://www.comicvine.com/)

On to story now!

Chapter 4a:

It took her all of seven minutes to realize that the silence in her house had premeditated expectation for her presence. Her sister was in corner folding clothes her hands mechanical and her mind elsewhere. She called her not once or twice but four times.

"Oh. Khushi, you are awake," Payal said monotonously and went back to her chore. It wasn't an anticipated response and it made Khushi bit nervous.

"Is everything alright?" Khushi asked noting her sister's slumped shoulder. Payal's hands stilled. She twisted the towel she had picked up to fold contemplating on an answer. Finally she sighed.

"You know this house's owner is related to our neighbors back home, right?" Khushi nodded at that. "They were here yesterday and we were talking which led to them raking up the events which happened months ago. Everyone was upset after that." Payal said softly. Khushi swallowed. Upset, was probably a tame word here.

"Why didn't you tell me last night?" She objected. If she had known…if she had known…then what? Could she have undone the past? She breathed out hard and long.

"I did tell you Khushi," Payal turned around and said her eyes sharp and her voice steel. "But you were far too indulged in your idyllic romanticism to recognize the tragedy of reality," she threw the clothes in her hands on floor and walked out of the door, slamming to punctuate her point better.

Tears sprung in Khushi's eyes at Payal's words. They weren't untrue but they were…harsh. It was her choice, her decision, her words which had brought them to this state and she never once repented her actions. Dowry was and forever is a social evil; she would never let her family succumb to it.

Unfortunately her family did end up succumbing to bankruptcy and yapping tongues which drove them to the edge of catharsis. The dam had burst and her father accepted reality and sold everything that people were ready to buy for a reasonable sum.

She stood under shower fully still in her nightdress and allowed the cold water to cool the heat in her veins. Disappointment, anger, intense dislike and sudden weariness flushed through her system along with water. She cried for her sister's halted wedding, her mother's recoiled face at a relative's insensitive remark, her father's sheer disappointment, her aunt's disbelief and her own ideals. Ideals sometimes could lead to drastic actions and even amidst accusation and hostility, she stood by them.

In her tears, in her heart break and in general coldness that surrounded her, she stood by her ideals.

To be continued.
Shweta1691 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

In her tears, in her heart break and in general coldness that surrounded her, she stood by her ideals.

U go girl!!!👏
And plz do update when u can...love to read😃

P.S. i copied the line from ur post and now its not letting me change the font or color,😡...sometimes i just hate my ipad
Edited by Shweta1691 - 11 years ago
surita12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
really nice story loving the emotions and can't wait for the other part.👍🏼
ps. thanks for the pm 
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
That was.. sad. I can't think of what else to write...
 Can't wait to read more! I would be glad to read the shorter updates. :)
Edited by Krishnaluv94 - 11 years ago
-PoisonIvy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
That is indeed sad. To be punished for standing up for your beliefs and against a social evil. This update was short but highly effective in conveying even the minutest of emotions that coursed through Khushi. So I definitely think short updates at regular intervals will work beautifully! :)
Amti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Superb... just cant wait for the next part... lovely..
applesauce. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Sad!
Superbly written.You brought the emotions out so well.

And Yes!I am fine with whatever updates you gv..long or short doesnt matter..as lng as I get to read!:P
And also U have time constraints So I dnt want to sound selfish.
Jammy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
You've brought out the emotions so well!! The last line- fantastic!!

As long as the story moves forward, I am fine with both, longer or shorter updates!

Thanks for the PM. :)