Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

Why doesn't Gulabiya? (Page 2)

romancefan Goldie
romancefan
romancefan

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:30am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Kalapi]

The question is does Gulabiya knows about the concept of divorce?? Divorcing is a western concept, hinduism don't have it in their culture'

[/QUOTE

That's interesting.Smile I am not a Hindu so am not aware of this. Kalapi, can you elaborate on this? In the past centuries, how do couples who want to leave their marriage part? However, in modern India, divorce rate is going up. Even though Gulabiya lives in a rural village, surely with TV and newspapers, she would know of divorce. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

romancefan Goldie
romancefan
romancefan

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Thanks to all who replied. Very interesting comments all. Just very surprised that this topic which should have occured to most viewers of this show has garnered very little attention and discussion. Was hoping for more insights to the divorce question from some of our viewers who are or were married, engaged or thinking of.Tongue It is a very relevant topic in today's society in my opinion, which was why i started the topic. Looks like most fans prefer CVs to take the mystery-fictional fantasy route to solving Thakur Vikram Singh's problem ie. imposter, Reva dies in a fire or accident(violent!) etc. And i realise that jodi questions/discussions/arguments tend to garner the most comments, sometimes up to 12 pages! As much as we want to move away from jodi posts into more meaningful discussions about plots and characters, looks to me like most fans are not up for it. Oh well!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HillyloveKhatamKahani

romancefan Goldie
romancefan
romancefan

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:41am | IP Logged

Rani(pyar-isq), Shell16, Srushti, Chalhov, Laila, hillydee, kamala and even Survi - come on guys where are thou? Come join in this discussion!

HillyloveKhatamKahani

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by romancefan

[QUOTE=Kalapi]

The question is does Gulabiya knows about the concept of divorce?? Divorcing is a western concept, hinduism don't have it in their culture'

[/QUOTE

That's interesting.Smile I am not a Hindu so am not aware of this. Kalapi, can you elaborate on this? In the past centuries, how do couples who want to leave their marriage part? However, in modern India, divorce rate is going up. Even though Gulabiya lives in a rural village, surely with TV and newspapers, she would know of divorce. 
Sorry, didn't see your post beforeā€¦

Anyway, Hindu religion as such does not approve divorce. In Hinduism, marriage is a sacred relationship, a divine covenant and a sacrament where two souls get married (the actual marriage ceremony in ancient times happened wearing unstitched cloths signifying marriage of two souls). Therefore it cannot be dissolved on some personal grounds.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

romancefanHillyloveKhatamKahani

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
Hey Romancefan I did not see your post before. 

From what I understand Kalapi is right, a Hindu marriage is more than just paper, it is for life and I guess for many lifetimes too.  I like that concept in a sense, but only if I truly believe that it is your soul mate. It is not good when you find out that the person may not be for you, and you have committed yourself totally to them.  That is why I feel so bad for Vikram, even though if Reva is not an imposter and is a good person, I would  feel bad for her as well.  

The western part of the world is different in a lot of ways, I think for the most part marriage is a joke.  However, my religion does not believe in divorce just like Hinduism. The belief is that once the marriage has been consummated and valid divorce is impossible according to my religion, unless one spouse dies. Even if you get a court divorce, it is not recognised as that.  An annulment can be issued but you have to be able to prove that the marriage was invalid, it never existed. 

romancefanLaila2009KhatamKahani

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
I think whether Gulabiya mentions the word divorce or not, she could have at least ask him to prove his love by leaving his wife, then she would get her answer.

I don't believe Vikram would abandon Reva so easily, and it is not because he is in love, but because he has decent ways, even though he is wrong in not speaking the truth. 
I would never want to be in Vikram's situation. LOL

romancefanLaila2009KhatamKahani

Saviosaraff Senior Member
Saviosaraff
Saviosaraff

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 4:07am | IP Logged
I don't understand G raving about Sugni being a 2nd wife when infact Sitamaya whom she worships, her father in law (Dashrath) also had many wives if i am not mistaken.  Not very sure about the epic.  Unless ofcourse only Kings were allowed to have many queens. 

HillyloveLaila2009KhatamKahani

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
I like the points you have made in this thread RF...all are very valid. Yes, why don't the cvs take this avenue or even address it. It is disappointing and rather insulting when your audience members have so many questions and witness so many loopholes for which the writers have no answers.

romancefanKhatamKahani

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index