India-Forums

Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

Why doesn't Gulabiya?

romancefan Goldie
romancefan
romancefan

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Why doesn't Gulabiya just come straight out and ask Vikram,"If you truly love my daughter, why don't you divorce your wife?" As his future mother-in-law, she has every right to ask him that. Gulabiya has tried everything- screaming, shouting, grabbing him by the collar almost strangling him and swearing to expose his secret and wanting to sell her daughter- but she has not used common sense and asked him nicely,"If you don't love Riva, why not divorce?" This is what us fans have been asking ourselves from day 1. Hasn't this question occured to Gulabiya? She clearly doesn't think Riva's insane, so what's wrong with divorce if both parties are so miserable together? Surely Gulabo is not old-fashioned and thinks divorce is wrong. These days most people do not need the sanction of society to get divorced. It's better to part ways amicably than to be married unhappily. Afterall we only live once.Smile

Edited by romancefan - 20 July 2012 at 9:44am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

p_ramsinghs.munagalawiddyJulieDHillylovestephhhLaila2009daffodil81Pirated_Fun-Azy-KhatamKahani

daffodil81 IF-Rockerz
daffodil81
daffodil81

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Agree with you romancefan but if she asks directly and he replies yes or no then what will be left? so to stretch the storyline this cat and mouse game shud go on

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

romancefanHillylovestephhh

romancefan Goldie
romancefan
romancefan

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:15am | IP Logged

Someone said in another thread that the story seemed stuck in a vicious circle. The pace is good so far, but the last 2 episodes have only showed us Gulabo and Vikram's repeated show downs. While the confrontation, nose flares and angry glares make for a treat to watch, CVs have to move the story forward and soon. We will probably get Gulabo and Adi playing CID and Riva making a grand appearance at the wedding, then ultimately Vik has to answer this question: Will he or will he not? Compassion for Riva will play a big role in this divorce question. Can Vikram leave a helpless woman? I personally don't want CVs or the writer to take

option 1: Riva dies in a fire at Reva Manjil
option 2: Riva turns out to be an imposter.
That's chickening out of the divorce question. The writer has done a great job so far by exploring many social ills in a feudalistic part of India, so it would be good if she could discuss divorce in today's fast-changing society too. Marriage, divorce and punah vivah.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

JulieDForeverSHINeestephhhLaila2009KhatamKahani

p_ramsingh Newbie
p_ramsingh
p_ramsingh

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
I think that G should calm down and have a mature discussion with Vickram, instead of all this fighting, she should not forget that she is the intended mother in law,  maybe she would understand why he kept this whole Rewa thing a secret, instead of judging him, everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves...

Pam...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

s.munagalawiddyromancefanJulieDLaila2009KhatamKahanipyar-ishk

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged

The question is does Gulabiya knows about the concept of divorce?? Divorcing is a western concept, hinduism don't have it in their culture…

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

orianthiVinnie79Laila2009KhatamKahani

Vinnie79 IF-Rockerz
Vinnie79
Vinnie79

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

The question is does Gulabiya knows about the concept of divorce?? Divorcing is a western concept, hinduism don't have it in their culture'

I was thinking the same thing...
 We have to remember that where Gulabiya comes from, the women are minimally literate, and thier lives are stuck in a culture so backward...that the possibility of her knowing about a divorce is probably non!
 I think if she did, she would not have asked him to  do Sugni's Sardakhi!, as surely she would see it as being the better option!
 Having said that, her way of handling the situation is probably apt for the character, who does not know any other way  of handling it!...She was bargaining  big time on her  life long bond with Sugni, that she would believe her!

romancefanLaila2009KhatamKahani

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vinnie79

Originally posted by Kalapi

The question is does Gulabiya knows about the concept of divorce?? Divorcing is a western concept, hinduism don't have it in their culture'

I was thinking the same thing...
 We have to remember that where Gulabiya comes from, the women are minimally literate, and thier lives are stuck in a culture so backward...that the possibility of her knowing about a divorce is probably non!
 I think if she did, she would not have asked him to  do Sugni's Sardakhi!, as surely she would see it as being the better option!
 Having said that, her way of handling the situation is probably apt for the character, who does not know any other way  of handling it!...She was bargaining  big time on her  life long bond with Sugni, that she would believe her!

Yes, especially as she said "I know the respect of being a second wife'. Also, remember how JS dictated who could or couldn't help them. It seems they are being dictated by the thakurs. It is true even now in some of these remote villages where law is equivalent to what is said by the thakurs. Besides, I don't think Gulo will believe TVS if he said he is going to marry Sugni in a court. To them marriage is before all villagers and in a temple or in front of God. So, how will divorce matter to her since it is a piece of paper. That is why I said long before in a post of mine that Gulo may not want Sugni to be a second wife. Even in Hindu scriptures, generally the first living wife  gets all the recognitions and is invited to perform besides the hubby in religious ceremonies.

Yes, that is why she kept saying do the sar dhakai to Sugni, atleast this way she knows the truth – which is that Sugni not his first wife – as TVS first wife is still alive…

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

orianthiromancefanVinnie79Laila2009KhatamKahani

stephhh IF-Rockerz
stephhh
stephhh

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
it surprised me when she said she is ready to sell sugni for vikram to do sardakai but she doesnt want him to marry her and isn't insisting him to divorce reva either. I doubt whether she is awared of divorce system but I hope cvs bring a happy and clean ending to this reva track...its already stretching farther to suffocation.

s.munagalaromancefanLaila2009

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index