Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Anjali - The woman behind the Illusion... UPDATED. (Page 6)

Tia.0 IF-Sizzlerz
Tia.0
Tia.0

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Absolutely agree. I'm not defending her. I wrote her flaws and wrote what I perceive the reason for them. Today she reminded me of a child who cries when hurt but then she starts to forget it. But the moment someone points out her boo boo or she sees that other people are not properly ooh-aah ing over her boo boo, she cries again for attention. 

Today she was hurt to see Chotey, but until Mami pointed out Khushi, she did not start to get pissed off. Strange, is not it? And what her family does? Instead of telling her that, well, they are husband and wife... So what if he came back for his wife. They justify her behavior and put the blame on Khushi (because they don't dare do that to Arnav)... 

Originally posted by .SublimeSaRun.

Completely completely agree! In fact, I was really angry with her character today and I happened to chance upon a written interview of Gul and that's when it made sense to me that it's just Anjali's clingy nature that appears to be "self-seeking"... Anyways, just posted something on another thread along the lines of your post! 

My two cents on this from the other post... Of course, you explained it much more concisely but still...

She indeed is one of the weakest characters because she seeks strength in those who are around her--especially Shyam and Arnav. She has built her life around these two men and they are her pillars, her mental and physical strength. I think her polio is yet another symbol for that innate weakness in her character--she needs chotte/shyam to lean on both physically and mentally. 
I agree that she's like this because she was never given the chance to fend for her self... But She's in the current situation is because of her dependence, her clingy nature.   Khushi also lost her parents, but she put up a brave smile and learned to stand up on her own two feet..(Partly because she probably didn't have that same type of support system in the first place) She wasn't able to seek the solace in others as a source of her strength. Arnav also lost his parents... he learned to put up an impenetrable wall around him and prove his fate wrong--the very fate which had snatched his parents away from him. He indeed proved himself and is an outwardly strong character.  From a such a young age, he coped with this loss by fending for himself and his family. He became independent and in the process, all the more strong but reclusive. Anjalim however, dealt with the death in a completely different manner... She became clingy, thinking that others could give her the strength to recover (just like physically, she depends on those around her to support her condition). That's the main problem here, her innate nature to the truth and reality. And in the process, it's with this dependence that people term her as being self-seeking. Which is partly true because she uses others as her crutch as she has no strength herself--both mentally and physically. " And it makes complete sense now why CVs have made her a patient of polio. All the more symbolic with your analysis because physical deformities usually always transcend into a deformity of one's innate character. Which is exactly the case here...Her physical condition demands that she cling onto others for support and her emotional condition also demands the same. She has always been clingy both physically due to her illness and mentally due to the conditions which she was brought up in. And indeed, it induces pity... I wouldn't say sympathy to any degree, but definitely pity. 

PERFECT ABSOLUTELY PERFECT analysis though! Seriously think everyone should take a look because it really shows a sensible approach to Anjali's character without completely idolizing her. And of course, having said this, she needs to change. But I think Arnav does play a big role in this like you said. He cannot keep trying to breathe oxygen into her being--because such is impossible. I really hope he tells her the cold hard truth and lets her deal with the situation. But what I fear is... has her character reached a point and certain limit where she may not be able to change? Like you said, has her life been wasted to a point where this nature is here to stay..? I guess only time can tell Confused
~Puja~

fffan123 IF-Sizzlerz
fffan123
fffan123

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Loved it Tia. Epic Post.
I just feel, as a woman that, no husband can pull a cotton wool on a wife's eyes to the extent that the snake seems to have pulled on Anjali's eyes. Somewhere the sixth sense of a woman will warn her about something missing in her marriage.
To ignore that warning to keep feeling everything is ok with her own world is totally selfish. Anjali is doing the same. Also she claims that she loves her brother very much but her behavior shows that it is selfish love. 
That is what makes me hate her character. Even if ASR and the family has tried to shield her, she should have realized something is missing as if you look at her past behavior, you can see that she is a shrewd woman.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maan-and-geetTia.0

Tia.0 IF-Sizzlerz
Tia.0
Tia.0

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fazila~

Excelledn post Tia...good analysis... i was watching the epi from the beginning and in it Anjali had come to stay at RH from her husbands house to stay for a week...n that has stretched into infinity...

Yes, because again, Anjali loves to stay at a cosseted and pampered environment. Who would not? Her husband did not force her to leave her brother's home. All her needs and demands were fulfilled here. She got treated like the uncrowned queen. So everything was rosy and wonderful. She is so dependent on others to provide her everything including her happiness, that even now, she is asking her brother to gift wrap her husband and serve her on silver platter to make her happy.

If she ever had to be responsible for her own life, she won't have been this weak and clinging vine that she is now and no time better than now to make it happen. Because now she is responsible for another life - her baby...
Tia.0 IF-Sizzlerz
Tia.0
Tia.0

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fffan123

Loved it Tia. Epic Post.
I just feel, as a woman that, no husband can pull a cotton wool on a wife's eyes to the extent that the snake seems to have pulled on Anjali's eyes. Somewhere the sixth sense of a woman will warn her about something missing in her marriage.
To ignore that warning to keep feeling everything is ok with her own world is totally selfish. Anjali is doing the same. Also she claims that she loves her brother very much but her behavior shows that it is selfish love. 
That is what makes me hate her character. Even if ASR and the family has tried to shield her, she should have realized something is missing as if you look at her past behavior, you can see that she is a shrewd woman.

Like I said, that chick ain't dumb. She did not see it, because she chose not to see it. Not because she could not... Even her memories are selective. She remembers everything Arnav did for Khushi but she does not remember anything he did for her. So trust me when I say, she is smart as a tack. But choses to be dumb...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maan-and-geet

maan-and-geet IF-Dazzler
maan-and-geet
maan-and-geet

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tia.o

Originally posted by maan-and-geet

Once again love your analysis' you have described Anjali's personality
so perfectly that I don't feel the need to add anything to it.

I agree with you and have said it many times she has a right
to know the truth. She has begged to
know what went wrong or why things are this way. Arnav and family owe her an explanation.

Anjali's personality is shaped because of the environment
that she lived in her entire life. However when circumstances change a door of opportunity
for change opens. Yes Anjali has always
been sheltered all her life but now is her time to do something for herself and
her child. Sitting in a room and sobbing all day long isn't going to get her
anywhere. Today she sees that Arnav is
in love and has changed; what will happen when Arnav has his own children? Today
she thinks Khushi has changed him and she is jealous of her, tomorrow she will
be jealous of Arnav's children? Yes he will always care for his Di and her
child but she cannot expect him to always put his family aside for her. It's never too late to get out there and try
to do something for yourself.

Shall I say Bingo... That's exactly what I have been saying. She is wallowing in self-pity and her family is letting her. Khushi got blamed for going in her room but what she said should have come from her family. She is the only one who treated her like a woman and not like a fragile doll... If it was my family, they would come to me and say stop wallowing in self-pity and take charge of your life. If you believe your husband is right, get out and find him and be by his side. If you think he is wrong, then forget him and move on. Don't expect your family to gift wrap your husband and serve you on silver platter...

Exactly khushi showed her the mirror and Anjali couldn't handle the truth ...i recently went through something similar to Anjali's situation...dealt with it alone without any help or support from my family yet i turned my life around towards a new life... Anjali has a full supportive family by her side   then why is she not able to turn her life around? I say things are much easier when you have family by your side

You are right if Anjali thinks that Shyam isn't wrong then she should have left with him and support him

Tia.0

maan-and-geet IF-Dazzler
maan-and-geet
maan-and-geet

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sheanuzz

Tia... take a bow!! What a perfect analysis of Anjali and you hit the nail on the head! In spite of all that you mentioned, I still did not get her not being happy for her brother and to top it all to get angry... even if he lied and wanted to spend time with his wife, was it not natural. Not able to fathom what the CVs are trying toportraybut it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

She is just thinking about herself. I never said otherwise. It's not her problem if Arnav does notrecognizeher selfishness and decide to move back instead of waiting on her hand and foot...
If someone is wrong and their family is supporting his/her wrong deeds, that family is as wrong as that person who is wrong... So you can blame Anjali but you will also have to blame her family. If you don't blame her family, then you can't blame her as well...

You r right... i think Raizada family is more at fault than Anjali... especially Arnav... he can stop 90% of the nonsense in RM but he is choosing to stay quiet
Tia.0 IF-Sizzlerz
Tia.0
Tia.0

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:20am | IP Logged

Once again love your analysis' you have described Anjali's personality
so perfectly that I don't feel the need to add anything to it.

I agree with you and have said it many times she has a right
to know the truth. She has begged to
know what went wrong or why things are this way. Arnav and family owe her an explanation.

Anjali's personality is shaped because of the environment
that she lived in her entire life. However when circumstances change a door of opportunity
for change opens. Yes Anjali has always
been sheltered all her life but now is her time to do something for herself and
her child. Sitting in a room and sobbing all day long isn't going to get her
anywhere. Today she sees that Arnav is
in love and has changed; what will happen when Arnav has his own children? Today
she thinks Khushi has changed him and she is jealous of her, tomorrow she will
be jealous of Arnav's children? Yes he will always care for his Di and her
child but she cannot expect him to always put his family aside for her. It's never too late to get out there and try
to do something for yourself.

Shall I say Bingo... That's exactly what I have been saying. She is wallowing in self-pity and her family is letting her. Khushi got blamed for going in her room but what she said should have come from her family. She is the only one who treated her like a woman and not like a fragile doll... If it was my family, they would come to me and say stop wallowing in self-pity and take charge of your life. If you believe your husband is right, get out and find him and be by his side. If you think he is wrong, then forget him and move on. Don't expect your family to gift wrap your husband and serve you on silver platter...

Exactly khushi showed her the mirror and Anjali couldn't handle the truth ...i recently went through something similar to Anjali's situation...dealt with it alone without any help or support from my family yet i turned my life around towards a new life... Anjali has a full supportive family by her side   then why is she not able to turn her life around? I say things are much easier when you have family by your side

You are right if Anjali thinks that Shyam isn't wrong then she should have left with him and support him

Every person goes through tough situation MG... But strong people like you and me, get over self-pity and fight. Anjali is not strong. She expects everything to come to her very easy. She is weak. I'm not saying that she won't be a weak person if her family told her what Khushi told her, but she will definitely think about that statement coming from her family rather than ignoring it like she did because Khushi said it... 

maan-and-geet

Happy-go-lucky Goldie
Happy-go-lucky
Happy-go-lucky

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
@tia.o, 'Switzerland as in neutral zone'- rofl @ that... Thanks...

Tia.0

Go to top