Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Anjali - The woman behind the Illusion... UPDATED. (Page 4)

sheanuzz Goldie
sheanuzz
sheanuzz

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Tia... take a bow!! What a perfect analysis of Anjali and you hit the nail on the head! In spite of all that you mentioned, I still did not get her not being happy for her brother and to top it all to get angry... even if he lied and wanted to spend time with his wife, was it not natural. Not able to fathom what the CVs are trying to portray but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tia.0

cocoatree IF-Sizzlerz
cocoatree
cocoatree

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Marvellous explanationClap
excellent post..nailed it..tiaClap

Tia.0

k_k_a Senior Member
k_k_a
k_k_a

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Excellent, as always. ClapClapClap

Good similie there - Anjali - the human Clinging Hydrangea.LOLLOLLOL

Now, point me to Medieval Knight and Joker comparisons, if you have already written those... or write them?TongueTongueTongue Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Tia.0

Happy-go-lucky Goldie
Happy-go-lucky
Happy-go-lucky

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Nice post... you have nailed anjali's character pretty well... I know her character and behaviour, her constant craving for attention pisses me off sometimes, but then again I tell myself that this is how she is, this is what life has made her to be... she has never had to face the blow of the harsh realities of life, always having been protected and nurtured like some fragile item, and now too her famiiy is doing her a great injustice by not divulging the whole details... I know its the cvs decision on how they execute the show... but for God's sake, she's a grown woman, so they better treat her as one. One can't expect her to become mature and understanding overnight..she'll take time to come around, and she can't do that unless she knows the whole truth, and she should understand that priorities in one's life changes coz that's how life is after all... Then her realization would be interesting to watch... P.s. I hope my post(or rant rather) didn't bore you tia... :-)

Tia.0

.SublimeSaRun. Senior Member
.SublimeSaRun.
.SublimeSaRun.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Completely completely agree! In fact, I was really angry with her character today and I happened to chance upon a written interview of Gul and that's when it made sense to me that it's just Anjali's clingy nature that appears to be "self-seeking"... Anyways, just posted something on another thread along the lines of your post! 

My two cents on this from the other post... Of course, you explained it much more concisely but still...

She indeed is one of the weakest characters because she seeks strength in those who are around her--especially Shyam and Arnav. She has built her life around these two men and they are her pillars, her mental and physical strength. I think her polio is yet another symbol for that innate weakness in her character--she needs chotte/shyam to lean on both physically and mentally. 
I agree that she's like this because she was never given the chance to fend for her self... But She's in the current situation is because of her dependence, her clingy nature.   Khushi also lost her parents, but she put up a brave smile and learned to stand up on her own two feet..(Partly because she probably didn't have that same type of support system in the first place) She wasn't able to seek the solace in others as a source of her strength. Arnav also lost his parents... he learned to put up an impenetrable wall around him and prove his fate wrong--the very fate which had snatched his parents away from him. He indeed proved himself and is an outwardly strong character.  From a such a young age, he coped with this loss by fending for himself and his family. He became independent and in the process, all the more strong but reclusive. Anjalim however, dealt with the death in a completely different manner... She became clingy, thinking that others could give her the strength to recover (just like physically, she depends on those around her to support her condition). That's the main problem here, her innate nature to the truth and reality. And in the process, it's with this dependence that people term her as being self-seeking. Which is partly true because she uses others as her crutch as she has no strength herself--both mentally and physically. " And it makes complete sense now why CVs have made her a patient of polio. All the more symbolic with your analysis because physical deformities usually always transcend into a deformity of one's innate character. Which is exactly the case here...Her physical condition demands that she cling onto others for support and her emotional condition also demands the same. She has always been clingy both physically due to her illness and mentally due to the conditions which she was brought up in. And indeed, it induces pity... I wouldn't say sympathy to any degree, but definitely pity. 

PERFECT ABSOLUTELY PERFECT analysis though! Seriously think everyone should take a look because it really shows a sensible approach to Anjali's character without completely idolizing her. And of course, having said this, she needs to change. But I think Arnav does play a big role in this like you said. He cannot keep trying to breathe oxygen into her being--because such is impossible. I really hope he tells her the cold hard truth and lets her deal with the situation. But what I fear is... has her character reached a point and certain limit where she may not be able to change? Like you said, has her life been wasted to a point where this nature is here to stay..? I guess only time can tell Confused
~Puja~

Edited by .SublimeSaRun. - 20 July 2012 at 11:11pm

Tia.0

thechaigirl IF-Dazzler
thechaigirl
thechaigirl

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sheanuzz

Tia... take a bow!! What a perfect analysis of Anjali and you hit the nail on the head! In spite of all that you mentioned, I still did not get her not being happy for her brother and to top it all to get angry... even if he lied and wanted to spend time with his wife, was it not natural. Not able to fathom what the CVs are trying to portray but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

@bold true...cos neways they don't give him any privacy with his wife, anyone and everyone barge in his room like its a public space..aise mein wat other choice is left to him...

Tia.0

jennad Senior Member
jennad
jennad

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
OMG! You described Anjali accurately, Her upbringing, circumstances...are all responsible for the person she is today.  Without Arnav and Shyam she is lost.  I hope the CV's will use use the character of Anjali to show how women should become stronger and move on in such circumstances (the NAYI SOCH Angle).

Tia.0

Fazila~ IF-Stunnerz
Fazila~
Fazila~

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Excelledn post Tia...good analysis... i was watching the epi from the beginning and in it Anjali had come to stay at RH from her husbands house to stay for a week...n that has stretched into infinity...

Tia.0

Go to top