Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

What happened to Satyamev Jayate ? (Page 4)

Neetu_Unleashed IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:20am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
No one can blame Aamir if those laws and rules are not upheld six years down the line.

But I give the SMJ team complete credit for raising awareness, both actively and passively, to bring about some positive change in the society :) 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

eraser

The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
What is Lakhon Mein Ek about?
eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.Neetu_Unleashed

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
I do understand that some of the reforms initiated, won't successfully pull through...

but IMO, its enough that this show at least gets people to know about national issues.

I remember watching the trailer of that Marigold Hotel movie with a friend, and they showed poverty and stuff in India.. and she was all "ugh, why do they always show the crap bits of India in movies.. I mean yeah, that bit does exist in India, but it's not everything"

It isn't everything. But it IS a huge part of India, and its so futile to deny that. We live a life of utter luxury, without even knowing that till this date, people make a living out of shoving their hands into human shit. 
We live away from India, or in big cities or whatever, without knowing that kids our age somewhere else, have to clean bathrooms and whatnot, just because they're born in a lower zaat

I think the initial popularity this show fetched, even though it has faltered, has at least let more people acknowledge ki haanji, our country is far from being perfect.

Some people love to live under a rose-tinted umbrella... truth is, we're just terribly lucky bas***ds who can afford to do so.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LifeOLiciousTheRager

Omnipotent_Taco Goldie
Omnipotent_Taco
Omnipotent_Taco

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by drummedup

If they are brave enough they should take up conflicted issues like reservations, FDI et al. Where we will react as WE ARE than what we are SUPPOSED TO react like.

Couldn't agree more.

I was kicked about SMJ and thought the initial few episodes were great. Then I started losing interest because I guess I expected the show to take on a more ballsy approach to controversial topics Indians are generally hesitant to talk about.

I would have really liked to see issues that are deep-rooted (and controversial) in Indian society- like closet racism, reservation, legalisation of prostitution and same sex marriages, lack of public hygiene (they could have expanded on this in the water episode, but they didn't Sleepy), etc., be openly discussed and debated.

Instead, we had a one and a half hour show that barely skimmed a majority of topics that have already been widely discussed on other platforms (We The People, The Big Fight, etc.). SMJ also seemed to offer haphazard solutions in the end of each episode for the sake of it, topped off with a live performance. For example, in the episode about pesticides/organic farming, they briefly covered farmer suicides without even talking about Monsanto being the biggest contributor to that very problem. Confused

Anyway, I'm very happy with the initiative the show's creators/ Aamir have taken in taking up certain issues with the Government. Aamir for one needs to work on his hosting skills pronto. He's too preachy and sometimes theatrical, and he talks at the audience rather than to them.

That's a total death knell for a serious show like this. I hope the producers consider taboo issues in the second season. They need to take SMJ to another level, or it will just have to bite the dust.

Edited by Omnipotent_Taco - 23 July 2012 at 1:37am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

drummedup.DontKnow.khamosshhhNeetu_Unleashed

zar27 Newbie
zar27
zar27

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Satymave jayate is a gr8 shows as it got succesful in creating awarness in aam janta against social issues like female foeticide, dowry e.t.c, but its quite sad that stars like Aamir does shows like SMJ after getting paid 3-4 crores per eps. Stars like Amitabh bachchan sir,Salman, Srk, Aamir etc are india's most influential personalties, if they do shows like SMJ,it will proably make impact.

Nkapoor3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:47am | IP Logged

Go to top