Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

What happened to Satyamev Jayate ? (Page 3)

frosty Goldie
frosty
frosty

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rolzz

Amir Khan could not connect with audience eventhough the it was great show!! He came across as very superficial... Story would have been different if Amitab Bhachan or some other compassionate celebrity hosted!!
Ifeel the topics also didnt have the shock value (apart from teh first one)!!

Also who likes to hear this much negativity about the society we live all the time... We all are struggling to find our little happy world in our maddening day to day life in the midst of all the murders, rapes, public molestations, what people need is HOPE !!

Amitabh Bachchan and compassionate? Ha that's a joke! That man is very self absorbed and selfish. Do not go by the image that the media portrays. As far as Aamir is concerned, the man is genuinely involved in certain causes. He does it in a dl fashion. One of those causes is the RTI. I know for a fact that he attends several meetings and does a lot to promote the cause

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chatpati900don12boredsoul.Sad.But.True.

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Satyamev DOES provide hope, though...

it let people be able to get in touch with organizations that are trying to proactively do something about the negativy that the nation is going through

IMO, I don't think much hope is being generated by not getting exposed to problems that people of our country go through

Edited by liverach - 20 July 2012 at 12:47pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeboredsoulSam_dean4Eva

MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by drummedup

I had an inkling, the show would fizzle out eventually. We've got thick skins, we'll only cry for sometime, worry for sometime, get sensitized for sometime. Once the Shock value is gone, everything else is also gone.After the brief emotion has passed, we'll wash our hands off the issue, as long as it directly does not effect us and look up the things with casual air. Samething is probably happening here. There probably is no shock value to the show anymore.

Personally speaking, I appreciate the effort of Aamir and team, despite Aamir's put-up emotions. But the show never connected with me like I wanted it to. For Season 1 , they've educated people on the issues which we should've obviously known, but did not.

For season 2, for TRPs and for sake of people like me, I hope they take up issues which are NOT just convenient to get unipolar reactions from audience. Even the one's who want male children showed outrage towards female foeticide because that's how they are supposed to react.If they are brave enough they should take up conflicted issues like reservations, FDI et al. Where we will react as WE ARE than what we are SUPPOSED TO react like.Then, Aamir can expect the change,self-introspection, TRPs and all that this show wanted.

@bold:Sad truth.I definitely support idea of season 2 .w/e little awareness,change,morale boosting to NGOs SMJ brought,did matter a lot
Good topic Nitu,I was thinking about the same other day Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neetu_Unleashed

Antlers IF-Sizzlerz
Antlers
Antlers

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by drummedup

I had an inkling, the show would fizzle out eventually. We've got thick skins, we'll only cry for sometime, worry for sometime, get sensitized for sometime. Once the Shock value is gone, everything else is also gone.After the brief emotion has passed, we'll wash our hands off the issue, as long as it directly does not effect us and look up the things with casual air. Samething is probably happening here. There probably is no shock value to the show anymore.

Personally speaking, I appreciate the effort of Aamir and team, despite Aamir's put-up emotions. But the show never connected with me like I wanted it to. For Season 1 , they've educated people on the issues which we should've obviously known, but did not.

For season 2, for TRPs and for sake of people like me, I hope they take up issues which are NOT just convenient to get unipolar reactions from audience. Even the one's who want male children showed outrage towards female foeticide because that's how they are supposed to react.If they are brave enough they should take up conflicted issues like reservations, FDI et al. Where we will react as WE ARE than what we are SUPPOSED TO react like.Then, Aamir can expect the change,self-introspection, TRPs and all that this show wanted.
We seem to busy in everyone else personal life these days. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

drummedupAngel-likeDevil

don12 Goldie
don12
don12

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nitu_TheTwisted

Originally posted by boredsoul

Smj is a cult show , trp are mostly manipulated as we all know . SMJ has worked in grass root level , had amassed huge donations for few organisations . That itself is a good start

As much as I agree with your points on smj calling ppl who watch biggboss & soaps retarded is so unwarranted

ok if thats offensive i go with the other way round...would say the audience apt for 'retarded shows' however it doesn't make much difference to me. 

and SMJ has amaassed donations for few organizations, that has been done by many past shows in doordarshan as well, i don't see a big change, even on facebook there are pics which clearly depicts that despite of appreciation, only few people came out for the support..regarding all the episdoes.. the impact was mostly made up. though i respect the novelty of the show as it was well made, i am not gonna agree with the change tht its talking abt unless i get some valid proof...there are things...'jo aaj kahe aur kal bhool gaye' its mainly becoz of the state and the countrymen that's so dried up.

What were you expecting for SMJ?? This show will change India in one night?? This show was to create awareness. If this show change the mindset of one person i think it is successful.AK and his team did not just sit on their bums they tried to do something for the society unlike many of us who only like to pass on smart ass comment on internet without doing anything.

SMJ impact is Maharashtra Govt is asking the center for creating a law that female foeticide be treated as a manslaughter. Is this not a change?? Several sonography centers are sealed courtesy SMJ, Maharashtra Gov now passed a law on generic medicine. Aamir Khan made a presentation regarding generic medicine to JPC. AK also met Manmohan Singh regarding manual scavengers.

SMJ is doing what NGO or government should have done years ago but failed miserably.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

boredsoulTheRager

krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
I applaud Aamir Khan for his Satyamev Jayate, especially when no one else had the guts to host such a different, informational and educational show.  

Why do people think he is superficial?   If Aamir didn't care, he would host the show, make the big bucks and move on.  Instead, he takes up the issues with the government, meets Ministers, talks to people...he truly CARES...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

boredsoul

OmnipotenceZaxo IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Arshi-licious01 IF-Rockerz
Arshi-licious01
Arshi-licious01

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
Lol I was also thinking the same. The show received equal criticism and praise. However, it did raise awareness to many causes. 

Go to top