Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

What happened to Satyamev Jayate ? (Page 2)

Sam_dean4Eva IF-Rockerz
Sam_dean4Eva
Sam_dean4Eva

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged
I LOVED satyameva...don't know about others but i think it was very informative and created the much needed awareness! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

Neetu_Unleashed IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:19am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeRolzz

boredsoul IF-Dazzler
boredsoul
boredsoul

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Retarded shows sounds better
I dont think smj is a great show but how many of us knew the NGO's amir talks about in each episode? hats off only for the recognition those striving ppl got , what a boost their morales would have got. Few ppl came out for support? Even if 1 person has a heart change its worth all the efforts
I do agree it should get more credit & we as audience should be more welcoming to these kind of shows

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

don12cs-07fire_gun

Rolzz IF-Sizzlerz
Rolzz
Rolzz

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Amir Khan could not connect with audience eventhough the it was great show!! He came across as very superficial... Story would have been different if Amitab Bhachan or some other compassionate celebrity hosted!!
I feel the topics also didnt have the shock value (apart from teh first one)!!

Also who likes to hear this much negativity about the society we live all the time... We all are struggling to find our little happy world in our maddening day to day life in the midst of all the murders, rapes, public molestations, what people need is HOPE !!

.Sad.But.True. IF-Sizzlerz
.Sad.But.True.
.Sad.But.True.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged
I am still watching the show...But its sad the trps dropped like this..I always thought the trps wouldnt be that high cause of its time slot but still it managed to do well in the beginning...Regressive shows always dominate..Sad but true..

cs-07

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:55am | IP Logged
IMO it doesn't matter...
this show was much needed.

Whatever hype Amir's existence in the show was created, and even if it has died down
at least its brought about awareness. I can speak FROM EXPERIENCE that this show has opened, at least some, pairs of eyes. 

The show can end, not come back again
It was an honest effort, and I'm sure has been much appreciated.

cs-07

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
The thing is...when the show came out, people jumped onto the bandwagon and called it path-breaking, etc. because everyone was doing so and everyone wants to be associated with and come across as a part of the 'crusade' for awareness, truth, social betterment. However it fizzed out because inherently, and however messed up it is, people don't actually care enough about these things to tune in on their Sunday mornings and hear about all the things going wrong in the world. As much as the 'entertainment/masala-hungry' masses are looked down upon...the reality is that they are the masses, both from backgrounds that are well-to-do and not. The issue isn't Aamir Khan. The issue is what people want to watch, the content. And a show that makes you reflect on the crumbling state of conduct or order in a country or our world will always be put on the back burner in front of other entertainment. When people can watch a Jhalak Dikhlaja or mindless and insipid soaps, who wants to see a Satayamev Jayate? 

Not many.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

wacky1990MaSqUeRaDeOmnipotent_Tacomelancholicsub_rosaBingekhoslakadhoklaStar_on_earth.Sad.But.True.Neetu_UnleashedChippeshwinigilmoresAngel-likeDevil-Jwalamukhi-TheRager-SalShah4eva-

drummedup IF-Dazzler
drummedup
drummedup

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged
I had an inkling, the show would fizzle out eventually. We've got thick skins, we'll only cry for sometime, worry for sometime, get sensitized for sometime. Once the Shock value is gone, everything else is also gone.After the brief emotion has passed, we'll wash our hands off the issue, as long as it directly does not effect us and look up the things with casual air. Samething is probably happening here. There probably is no shock value to the show anymore.

Personally speaking, I appreciate the effort of Aamir and team, despite Aamir's put-up emotions. But the show never connected with me like I wanted it to. For Season 1 , they've educated people on the issues which we should've obviously known, but did not.

For season 2, for TRPs and for sake of people like me, I hope they take up issues which are NOT just convenient to get unipolar reactions from audience. Even the one's who want male children showed outrage towards female foeticide because that's how they are supposed to react.If they are brave enough they should take up conflicted issues like reservations, FDI et al. Where we will react as WE ARE than what we are SUPPOSED TO react like.Then, Aamir can expect the change,self-introspection, TRPs and all that this show wanted.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Omnipotent_Tacomelancholiccs-07Chameli_billikhamosshhhAntlersAngel-likeDevilTheRager

Go to top