Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Crowds at Rajesh Khanna's funeral for celebs? (Page 3)

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:07am | IP Logged

Senior B is actually correct! The crowd behaviour was extremely unruly, considering the occassion! So much so, that not only him, but many other celebs and colleagues who had come to attend the cremation could not even get near the cremation ground because of the mobs which surrounded them.

There definitely might have been genuine grief amongst the throngs of people who came to pay their last respects to Rajesh Khanna, but what Big B has said is also true...a lot of people came only for celeb spotting.

Coming to the Funeral, I thought it was truly befitting the stature of Rajesh Khanna. His success might have been short, but it was extremely spectacular and unmatched till date. His death too got him back all his lost fame and glory, even if for a short time.

Edited by poppy2009 - 20 July 2012 at 10:07am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Charmed-drummedupabby_girl30mittijalebiKal EleraserCutiepie Rani

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
I agree with Amit ji. Half the crowd was there for Mr. Rajesh Khanna ji. But the rest of them were there only to catch a glimpse of their favorite star. That's a fact. Even my parents were saying the same thing!! It's true. The bitter truth, whether one wants to believe it or not. People gather like that to only catch a glimpse of their favorite. I doubt that every single person there was actually present to pay their final respects to a legendary superstar!
drummedup IF-Dazzler
drummedup
drummedup

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged
It is interesting how he has posted a pic of him n son to prove the point, nice aerial shot, who did BigB borrow the pic from? :P

On a serious note and for a change, I don't think his point is entirely moot. But given his self-obsessed, vain statements 90% of the time, he should have referred to it as 'some people in the crowd were unruly...blah blah'. Or this generalization will offend the ones who actually came to pay respects to Rajesh Khanna. But I totally get his anger at people coming for celeb spotting on such occasion, IF he was genuinely angry. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07Chameli_billiTheRager

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by frosty

Twinkle was not there. According to the Hindu culture a pregnant woman is not allowed at funerals. Supposed to be bad for the unborn child or something

i read somewhere Doctor told her not to attend 
frosty Goldie
frosty
frosty

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheRowdiest

Originally posted by frosty

Twinkle was not there. According to the Hindu culture a pregnant woman is not allowed at funerals. Supposed to be bad for the unborn child or something

i read somewhere Doctor told her not to attend

That is possible since she is in her third trimester and extreme stress can cause preterm labor
Karan. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Charmed-cs-07

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by drummedup

It is interesting how he has posted a pic of him n son to prove the point, nice aerial shot, who did BigB borrow the pic from? :P

On a serious note and for a change, I don't think his point is entirely moot. But given his self-obsessed, vain statements 90% of the time, he should have referred to it as 'some people in the crowd were unruly...blah blah'. Or this generalization will offend the ones who actually came to pay respects to Rajesh Khanna. But I totally get his anger at people coming for celeb spotting on such occasion, IF he was genuinely angry. 

The bold bit: Exactly my point. And this cribbing about celeb spotting done by a man who posts pictures of fans gathered to meet him at his house every Sunday he is at home.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Crowds gathered to get a glimpse of Rajesh Khanna and not to look at you or your son Mr. BachchanPinchSeriously, when will this man really grow up and act his age instead of tweeting like a delusional teenagerPinch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07TheRager

Go to top