Crowds at Rajesh Khanna's funeral for celebs?

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Amitabh Bachchan unhappy with crowd at Rajesh Khanna's funeral

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is unhappy with the way crowd behaved during Rajesh Khanna's funeral procession.

Tweeting his anger, Big B wrote: "The funeral of Rajesh Khanna was poignant and crowded... the crowds were in throngs, with scant respect for the situation... pity !!"

While one would expect the crowd to comprise of fans of Rajesh Khanna who had come to pay last respects to the late superstar, Big B thinks otherwise.

"For the crowds it is always a moment of an event to see so many stars assemble... not one of respect to him that passed away," tweeted Amitabh.

Rajesh Khanna, fondly called Kaka by his family and friends, passed away Wednesday morning following a liver infection. He was 69.

The Bollywood's first superstar was laid to rest at the Vile Parle crematorium Thursday. His grandson Aarav lit the pyre.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Amitabh-Bachchan-unhappy-with-crowd-at-Rajesh-Khannas-funeral/articleshow/15054860.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
I am stumped at what Big B tweeted. So he says that the huge crowds at Rajesh Khanna's funeral were actually for him and his son?😲
I mean he claims all these people landed up to see celebs? Why at a funeral procession when crowds could have thronged at occasions like awards night, premieres etc.

Some pics:
Edited by -ksh- - 11 years ago
Huhh...now he has really gone mad...What nonsense is he spouting...If that was the case then why didn't the crowds throng at the other funerals that happened just these last few months including Shammi Kapoor ji...

Mr.Bachchan Sr. ji, its a bitter pill to swallow but you will have to do it...NOT everything is about YOU and YOUR familyyy! Arghhh...🤔
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Crowd were there to get last glimpse of Rajesh Khanna .

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I don't think he meant to say what most of the people will think after reading it... Its just that a lot of people present there were all happy and laughing because they were able to see stars in real while it was a funeral :|
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
He's not saying the crowds there for himself or anything. He's upset with their behaviour (unruly, laughing, more concerned with clicking pics of celebs on their phones, etc). He even posted a pic:

http://twitpic.com/a9fsf7
well his tweets never sounded intelligent but this is way too much, Did senior AB himself thought abt visiting him in his bad state days then cursing the crowd  ?
TheRager thumbnail
There will always be people like that who arent serious about an occasion like this. But making a blanket statement that crowds came for celeb spotting is just too much. In Mumbai people get to see stars on a daily basis. Why would people chose only Rajesh Khanna's funeral for celeb spotting. And also why did they not choose for instance Shammi Kapoor's funeral to do the same?
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
That must be  typical starstruck audience over there...gathered to catch a glimpse of stars and AB must be mulling over privacy again😆

I read that RK's last wish was a grand funeral and looking at the crowd, it indeed was...!  Didn't see Twinkle anywhere, though.. was she present?
i didn't take the time to read his blog tribute as well, i am sure it must be quite boring too.